McManus supposedly a Drew Willy supporter

Mr. Perfect

Willy is the quiet choice hidden behind the hoopla of the Collaros sweepstakes, but really, if you looked at it, he would be the smarter choice for us.

To me, his QB mechanics are much better than Collaros and he carries himself rather well. 

I'm not disappointed that we missed out on Collaros, but I would be if we lose out on a chance for Willy.

What opinions change when things don't work out? That is a CYA mentality.

Opinions change when new information is available.

What's the new information ?

For me personally, I cant say I was hugely excited about Collaros.  But in the last day or two you hear that maybe O'Shea wasnt that high on him.  And you hear Danny Mac prefers Willy.  With that new information, it can change the minds of average fans who have heard Zach or Bust.

Why is people jump from player to player as if they become the Ben & Jerry's flavour of the day? You better hope that management has a more tempered plan with a solid contingency if things don't work out. The knee jerk reactionary. Impulse nature of fans better not migrate into the strategy of team management. Zac didn't work out and all of a sudden , he wasn't good enough or so and so didn't like him any way. Then it's Hank's turn and then it may become Willy's turn to be the favourite son....for a minute. Stop falling in love and getting your hard broken. It is time to see if it fact this team has a management plan and if they can follow through.

Actually, based on what I've read overtime on this site when it comes to our QB situation or any other situation for that matter, there's very few posters like you described here, which btw I find a bit exaggerated. It's an emotional game for the fans too, cut people some slack, actual blue bomber fans (e.g., the ones who have NEVER said I give-up on this team) can safely say they've been very patient with how this team has been managed over the last few years. The luxury of being a fan (i.e., no real accountability with team results) is we can be armchair QB's as much as we want. That's the beauty of being a fan.   

Should the Bombers management consider making a trade for Willy's rights? I know that winnipeg is pretty well the only place that the starting position is considered wide open, however Edmonton and Montreal may consider bringing him in to compete for the #1 job.

Yes that is a smart move. Taman already said they don't want Willy back. I'm sure Taman would take a 6th rounder for essentially nothing.

Should the Bombers management consider making a trade for Willy's rights? I know that winnipeg is pretty well the only place that the starting position is considered wide open, however Edmonton and Montreal may consider bringing him in to compete for the #1 job.

No they won't, Montreal has 3 guys who started and had success..

Edmonton isn't paying Reilly to sit on the bench. Nichols aside from injuries had looked good. I doubt they sign him.

It'll either be Winnipeg , BC or back with the Riders.

I'd be fine with Willy and Hall battling for reps, maybe ask Barker what it would take to pry Trevor Harris out of Toronto depending on how ready they feel Gale and Portis are to backup Ray.

No need for Burris, we're going to suck this season either way.

Jessuz, really. I sure hope not.

I'd be fine with Willy and Hall battling for reps, maybe ask Barker what it would take to pry Trevor Harris out of Toronto depending on how ready they feel Gale and Portis are to backup Ray.

8 wins would be a tremendous season for us.  More realistically, I think we win 5-6, regardless of whether QB is Burris, Hall or Willy.  All of them are the worst QB in our division by a long shot, at least Willy and Hall still have room to improve.

We won 1 game against the West last season.  Burris won 2.  Coaching should be better, but we're also inexperienced and moving to a division with the 3 best teams in the league.  Unless we sweep the East, it's hard seeing this team being anywhere close to .500.

8 wins would be a tremendous season for us.  More realistically, I think we win 5-6, regardless of whether QB is Burris, Hall or Willy.  All of them are the worst QB in our division by a long shot, at least Willy and Hall still have room to improve.

We won 1 game against the West last season.  Burris won 2.  Coaching should be better, but we're also inexperienced and moving to a division with the 3 best teams in the league.  Unless we sweep the East, it's hard seeing this team being anywhere close to .500.

I think you are underestimating the acquisition of Matt Bucknor.

For me personally, I cant say I was hugely excited about Collaros.  But in the last day or two you hear that maybe O'Shea wasnt that high on him.  And you hear Danny Mac prefers Willy.  With that new information, it can change the minds of average fans who have heard Zach or Bust.

No offense, but I seem to recall a lot of people saying that Collaros in the Peg was automatic and now this fanbase makes it sound/seem as though Burris and Willy were the plan the whole time and suddenly it's a better situation. Sounds more like opinions changed because we couldn't take the cheerleader to the prom, so now acting as though taking the audio video geek was our first choice all along.