GDT 3 pm: Victory Day

Any day in Regina is a good day to win, even with all our rookies out in full force. It’s all a matter of pride.

Today I want to watch (through my radio) three things:

Eric Barrierre at quarterback. I want to see if his credentials have anything to do with the Bomber’s future. I fully expect we will have four QB’s kicking around at season open. He might become the new “lady in waiting”!

Chidi Okeke at right tackle. I want to see if he’s the new apprentice that we are hoping for, that might be a key cog in our Hog Heaven. I expect In a better we will be starting Lofton at RT as the season starts.

Our linebacker schemes. I’m assuming Kyrie Wilson will be one of the two middle linebackers in a basic 4=4=4 defensive structure. Outside of Gauther, I want to see who/what else we can put in those middle two spots. Are they going to take a peek at Brandon Alexander there,  or is he just too small? This is the one place that we look just too skinny. This is THE one big challenge for our new defensive coordinator, methinks...

I don’t care how much the coaches say it doesn’t matter who wins. To me it matters, kind of a lot. Beating the Roughie’s will set the tone not only for our rookies, but for our vets at home too. Preseason does matter for a lot more than just player evaluation.

Edited by BigBlue

I'm fully expecting us to lose, and lose badly. We're talking the Riders starters vs our tryout team. If we make it close it will be very embarassing for them.

I'm mainly interested in:

D-Line play - need a couple guys here to stand ouy

O-line play (if some of our projected starters are playing) - have to be able to protect the QB and we are down two starters from last year. 

Linebackers - Not much to say from Camp. Biggie isn't going to last forever. We need to start thinking transition plan.

Kick returners - will feel a lot better if we can find someone who can consistently catch the ball and get up the field

Quarterbacks - Who is going to step up if Collaros goes down? There's been some reports that Strev has not looked good in practice. We need him to be #2 not a short yardage/package QB in case there's an injury to Collaros.

4 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Man I have been so ******* busy I haven't made it to a camp. Strevler hasn't looked good?

MOS keeps looking for new dressing room leaders ... candidate Strevler

16 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Quarterbacks - Who is going to step up if Collaros goes down? There's been some reports that Strev has not looked good in practice. We need him to be #2 not a short yardage/package QB in case there's an injury to Collaros.

Who is doing this reporting? Boomer Esiason?

37 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Man I have been so ******* busy I haven't made it to a camp. Strevler hasn't looked good?

Can just speak to what I've heard on Twitter. Some folks that have been at camp the last few days say he was looking pretty rough. Take it for what it's worth. I should also be clear that the sample size was a few recent days of camp, not necessarily the entire thing.

Edited by BBlink

Just now, BBlink said:

Can just speak to what I've heard on Twitter. Some folks that have been at camp the last few days say he was looking pretty rough. Take it for what it's worth.

I just feel like he's a gamer and when the lights are on we see his best

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

I'm fully expecting us to lose, and lose badly. We're talking the Riders starters vs our tryout team. If we make it close it will be very embarassing for them.

I'm mainly interested in:

D-Line play - need a couple guys here to stand ouy

O-line play (if some of our projected starters are playing) - have to be able to protect the QB and we are down two starters from last year. 

Linebackers - Not much to say from Camp. Biggie isn't going to last forever. We need to start thinking transition plan.

Kick returners - will feel a lot better if we can find someone who can consistently catch the ball and get up the field

What reports? Who is saying that?? We've hardly had any news on the team at all. 

10 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Our linebacker schemes. I’m assuming Kyrie Wilson will be one of the two middle linebackers in a basic 4=4=4 defensive structure. Outside of Gauther, I want to see who/what else we can put in those middle two spots. Are they going to take a peek at Brandon Alexander there,  or is he just too small? This is the one place that we look just too skinny. This is THE one big challenge for our new defensive coordinator, methinks...

4=4=4 defensive structure? BA at middle linebacker??? Say what now???? 🤔

as for todays game...Guys I focusing on wanna see get legit reps/opportunities are Garbutt..D'Abreau....Fox (obviously as he should never been on bench all yr) and Smith (whom is one the guys who I was most excited/surprised) we actually got up here

He needs to be rostered as he offers us the most as a sub/returner/rotation guy....He will impress you all if he is allowed to showcase a lead back role today and get some return opps

Chris Smith and Aron Cruickshank are my guesses based on their resumes as the top guys for the return job. Hoping one of them pops today.

Also very excited to see the young defensive line guys and which linebackers make plays.

Last few years the linebacker crop hasn't stood out in my opinion but the guys this year are more exciting to me. Tre Thomas is my sleeper pick to stick around.

Just now, bluedawg said:

Chris Smith and Aron Cruickshank are my guesses based on their resumes as the top guys for the return job. Hoping one of them pops today.

Also very excited to see the young defensive line guys and which linebackers make plays.

Last few years the linebacker crop hasn't stood out in my opinion but the guys this year are more exciting to me. Tre Thomas is my sleeper pick to stick around.

sadly...my gut tells me neither of the legit guys we brought in are gonna get a true opprtunity, and we will trot out and do more of the same...hope I am wrong....But I see them either being flat out cut...or asked to take a PR and they decline....for obvious reasons...and end up contributing elswhere while we continue on with same ol same ol and then be really scrambling next yr with zero experince for the 2025 season...or pay thru nose in FA to lock a guy down and sacrifice roster ewlsewhere...Lord help us if the Thomas/Biggie/gauthier trifecta is looked at as key pieces again next yr

44 minutes ago, Booch said:

sadly...my gut tells me neither of the legit guys we brought in are gonna get a true opprtunity, and we will trot out and do more of the same...hope I am wrong....But I see them either being flat out cut...or asked to take a PR and they decline....for obvious reasons...and end up contributing elswhere while we continue on with same ol same ol and then be really scrambling next yr with zero experince for the 2025 season...or pay thru nose in FA to lock a guy down and sacrifice roster ewlsewhere...Lord help us if the Thomas/Biggie/gauthier trifecta is looked at as key pieces again next yr

12 Amazing Witticisms from Eeyore | Disney Quotes

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Thanks!!

As I will be out today getting stuff done, is there a way to rewind the game or do you have to watch in real time.  Anyone know?

I think there is a 48 hour period to rewatch, but I may be confusing that feature with the TSN Go service, which for some reason is not streaming this game.