2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

And we can say for certain that having less Canadians would accomplish that?

yes....as the players they were playing in front of were better....so a good chance likely....or a better chance

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

yes....as the players they were playing in front of were better....so a good chance likely....or a better chance

at the end of the day there's no possible way anyone can say one way or the other. Pretending like it's a certainty is just stroking egos.
For what it's worth, I think Cole should be SAM. But i'm not going to say he's the difference maker in those games. The team still had the best record and went to it's 4th GC in a row while starting more Canadians than anyone else. We all know anything can happen in a winner takes all Championship.

17 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

at the end of the day there's no possible way anyone can say one way or the other. Pretending like it's a certainty is just stroking egos.
For what it's worth, I think Cole should be SAM. But i'm not going to say he's the difference maker in those games. The team still had the best record and went to it's 4th GC in a row while starting more Canadians than anyone else. We all know anything can happen in a winner takes all Championship.

I think it’s all made grey by the fact that the last two gc losses were soo close that any single change of an under performing factor likely turns a loss into a win. If biggie played at a peak modp level for instance I think we win. But I don’t particularly blame biggie for the losses. 

19 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Just now, wbbfan said:

I think it’s all made grey by the fact that the last two gc losses were soo close that any single change of an under performing factor likely turns a loss into a win. If biggie played at a peak modp level for instance I think we win. But I don’t particularly blame biggie for the losses. 

I refer to Nats and Amerks on the roster ahead of guys due to loyalties....personal likes.....rewards.....and it played a hand in the last 2 cup losses....Jackson use...and by default hamstringing the dline...Hurt guys playing at expense of healthy ones..Biggie...Bailey..Demski..Schoen....Going for hollow stats and hype (Houston) over Rose...ZC playing in previous Cup when it was clear after 1 quarter he was limited....multiple guys dressed who never stepped over the sideline....let alone needed to even bring their helmet

First eye test this yr looks like maybe we finally learned from past failure, because in all honesty we should be gong after our 5th straight cup win in a row....and what better thing to rag on the dickweeds out west about than to say we have won more cups than them in the last 5 yreas than thay have in total in over 100 yrs...plus we have 12 others in our pocket lol

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I refer to Nats and Amerks on the roster ahead of guys due to loyalties....personal likes.....rewards.....and it played a hand in the last 2 cup losses....Jackson use...and by default hamstringing the dline...Hurt guys playing at expense of healthy ones..Biggie...Bailey..Demski..Schoen....Going for hollow stats and hype (Houston) over Rose...ZC playing in previous Cup when it was clear after 1 quarter he was limited....multiple guys dressed who never stepped over the sideline....let alone needed to even bring their helmet

First eye test this yr looks like maybe we finally learned from past failure, because in all honesty we should be gong after our 5th straight cup win in a row....and what better thing to rag on the dickweeds out west about than to say we have won more cups than them in the last 5 yreas than thay have in total in over 100 yrs...plus we have 12 others in our pocket lol

I’m more excited for camp pre season and the regular season than I was the last two years, just because of the optimism about this. I think the mafia has learned how far loyalty should extend and when to cut it off. 
 The raptors just rode championship loyalty into the toilet. We haven’t adapted as fast as the stamps did, but I think we got there. 

Just now, Booch said:

yup...this yr has a different feel to it....last yr camp was a joke...and pointless in all honesty

Yeah last two years camp and pre season seemed like a foregone conclusion before they even started. I expect a real battle this year. Probably a few fisticuffs. 

5 hours ago, Booch said:

Would playing an extra American have stopped Montreal for putting a td up on our American db? Nope it wouldn’t have. Would it make Zach pull his head out his butt in the playoffs? I don’t think so. 

39 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I knew someone would bring up Gretzky...........fair point

Gretzky was never really the rah rah leader of men type. Messier was. Miller more messier than Gretzky. 

Edited by Goalie

17 hours ago, wbbfan said:

It was the coach's decision to play him in the Grey Cup.

12 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Mj in basketball as well. 

Dunnigan....tho he had way too much to do as a first timer

52 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It was the coach's decision to play him in the Grey Cup.

and a poor one...same with prob 6 other guys...some injured...some just having no business being rostered

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

Dunnigan....tho he had way too much to do as a first timer

and a poor one...same with prob 6 other guys...some injured...some just having no business being rostered

Dunigan also had the misfortune of having an absolute wingnut of an owner.