Free Agency Day - Non-Bombers CFL News

7 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Lot of teams that look better on paper so far this year. Our only pickup so far is Streveller. Putting a TON of stock into recruiting.

Plan seems to be keeping the core together while also getting younger. And rely on internal improvement from some of the younger players plus the U.S. scouting department to fill some holes. Success is going to hinge on whether the team can find solutions at right tackle, defensive end and defensive tackle. Also hopefully find a future middle LB to take over for Adam Bighill after this season

6 hours ago, Mike said:

I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you, but my counter point would be to ask if you’re paying as close attention to the pieces those other teams have lost as well

BC has done the best job of protecting their existing roster so far, other than Rhymes who was going home to Ottawa and Betts to the NFL, the only other player they lost was Cooper.

9 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

BC has done the best job of protecting their existing roster so far, other than Rhymes who was going home to Ottawa and Betts to the NFL, the only other player they lost was Cooper.

If you're counting Rhymes, who was released, you should also be counting Baron and Mauger. That's 5 starters gone from last year.

15 hours ago, Wheeler said:

Hilarious that you mock the Riders for signing Micah Johnson and then on the next page you opine for the signing of Almondo Sewell.     Keep the comedy coming...

Wilson isn't the same player after his injury in 2022, but Bighill is a fraction of his old self.  Here hoping you trot  him out again this season.  Not even sure who your 3rd LB is.  

And regarding your Dline, the only player of relevence left on the Bombers Dline is Jefferson.   Seriously who else is there?

As far as the Riders, it looks like they are going with either/both Christian Albright or Brian Cox Jr on the other side of Malik Carney.  Both looked very capable last year on a very poorly coached football. team.

You are completely out to lunch. Wilson was awesome this year, and Bighill was an all star. Go back to your hole Migs. 

12 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Give him a break, this is the first win the riders have had since labour day!

QFT. Imagine being so void of winning anything that your team signing an old veteran tackle on his last legs, and a bunch of mid tier talent, gets you primping around like a rooster.  As long as Harris/Fine are the QBs, and Mueller is the OC that team goes nowhere no matter who they sign. 

Edited by GCn20

14 hours ago, JCon said:

This is all he has. The times between seasons is when Rider fans get cocky. 

Yes, and if history has taught us anything that will turn to despair once the season gets a few games in. Two things you can count on during FA frenzy every year, Migs or whatever nom du jour he is using will come here and demand respect for the RIders and tell us all how fantastic O'Day's offseason so far has been, and Booch and the rest of us making uncannily accurate predictions about how their season will really go. I mean if I were a Rider fan I would never read our site. We lay out an exact blueprint for their season every year that is proven to be astonishingly accurate. It's like we all are the Amazing Kreskin of Rider prognostications. So Wheeler, get yourself a bottle of chokecherry wine cause here it goes. 

1. Trevor Harris will be out by the mid point of the season with a career ending injury. He is just too fragile now, and too old to heal quickly.

2. The Riders defence will again be awful and will get run over playing with an undersized LBer crew again.

3. Marc Mueller will be the worst OC in the CFL by a country mile and the Riders will struggle mightily to score points

4. The Riders will finish 6-12 and O'Day will be fired shortly after the season ends.

You can take most of that to the bank Wheeler/Migs. If you think that my post is a joke go back in the post history for the last 10 years and see how often my predictions on the Riders are out to lunch. You will be very disappointed after.

14 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

QFT. Imagine being so void of winning anything that your team signing an old veteran tackle on his last legs, and a bunch of mid tier talent, gets you primping around like a rooster.  As long as Harris/Fine are the QBs, and Mueller is the OC that team goes nowhere no matter who they sign. 

this-pointing-finger.gif

10 hours ago, bigg jay said:

If you're counting Rhymes, who was released, you should also be counting Baron and Mauger. That's 5 starters gone from last year.

I would count him. He was released because they had cheaper alternatives. Most of whom are not as good as a healthy Rhymes. 

11 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

In a nutshell....and that doesn't even touch on the Oline...Defensive backfield and the fact hey over payed for several guys their depth...which was lean before, will be even leaner again...some of their depth from last yr is still unsigned

We have some depth role guys to add as well...but we recruit a lot better, have 10 picks coming up, and our front line guys across the board basically outshine theirs....They will be in tough to possibly get 3rd place

Just now, IC Khari said:

this-pointing-finger.gif

but Meueler was spawned from the seed of Lancaster!!!....cmon...he's top tier even tho he has been demoted and pushed to the wayside previously

Just now, Colin Unger said:

I would count him. He was released because they had cheaper alternatives. Most of whom are not as good as a healthy Rhymes. 

yeah...he didnt want to restructure...so was punted...whoever replaces him will definitely be a down grade....even with his pushing off B.S...and they also will be without Hatcher likely most the yr, and will be a non factor really this yr when he does return...Next yr he will be fine..this yr...not so much

I went over and looked at their depth chart, Wheeler is seriously trying to suggest that Thurman, Reavis and ?? is better than Biggie, Wilson and Kramdi? What a joke. Thurman at MLBer is not the same as Thurman at WIL, he wasn't good at MIKE at all. Teams ran at him all day and it wasn't pretty. I think half of Oulette's season totals came against Hamilton because he was abusing Thurman so badly all year. Sure Thurman got his 98 tackles, most of them being dragged behind Oulette.

Edited by GCn20

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

In a nutshell....and that doesn't even touch on the Oline...Defensive backfield and the fact hey over payed for several guys their depth...which was lean before, will be even leaner again...some of their depth from last yr is still unsigned

We have some depth role guys to add as well...but we recruit a lot better, have 10 picks coming up, and our front line guys across the board basically outshine theirs....They will be in tough to possibly get 3rd place

but Meueler was spawned from the seed of Lancaster!!!....cmon...he's top tier even tho he has been demoted and pushed to the wayside previously

yeah...he didnt want to restructure...so was punted...whoever replaces him will definitely be a down grade....even with his pushing off B.S...and they also will be without Hatcher likely most the yr, and will be a non factor really this yr when he does return...Next yr he will be fine..this yr...not so much

Didn't want to restructure and has a suspect attitude as well. I really thought he would end up in Regina if you know what I mean.

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Didn't want to restructure and has a suspect attitude as well. I really thought he would end up in Regina if you know what I mean.

yup....would have been a leader there hahaha

I am glad the Rider troll came over here. Made me look at the West so far and how everyone's rosters are shaping up. Last year only BC was a serious threat to us and a boat load of talent walked out their door. Way more than what we lost. Calgary, and the Riders look to be treading water from last year, and Edmonton might jump back into that 2nd tier. Toronto took some heavy losses in the East. I like our Grey Cup odds a lot actually, We have by far the best roster in the league imo.

BC to me got a bit better again. Robertson is a solid replacement for Betts, and I’m a little nervous at the prospect of the Lions figuring out how to run the ball tbh. 

Edmonton improved at QB and ST. Not enough to be a contender. Worst HC in the league. Bad lines. 

Calgary made a mess of their offence last year and didn’t do anything to clean it up. Going all in on McCheese has got to be the dumbest decision in the last decade, from any team. 
I can’t see them winning more than 5 games this year as everything stands right now. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

Flag on the play.

Making an argument, even if you think that its reasoning has more holes in it than the red, lacey delicates that women will be wearing this evening the world over, isn't the same as trolling.

Make your counter arguments. Bookmark it for a satisfying toldyaso in August.

Also, if that is Migs and he's changed his screen name, so what?

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I actually think the Riders will be relatively decent IE not total garbage like last year. They’ll win some games in the summer again before the wheels fall off.
9-9 is probably the ceiling with a QB like Harris, but I don’t see them being worse than Calgary or Edmonton. 

I don't see Harris lasting all season, and I don't think they have a hope of winning more than a game or two without him. Mason Fine is hot garbage.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Flag on the play.

Making an argument, even if you think that its reasoning has more holes in it than the red, lacey delicates that women will be wearing this evening the world over, isn't the same as trolling.

Make your counter arguments. Bookmark it for a satisfying toldyaso in August.

Also, if that is Migs and he's changed his screen name, so what?

Speaks to his credibility as a poster. I know that living in your Toronto bubble and occasionally spending time at other CFL forums leaves you out of the loop, but Migs is generally regarded by all CFL fans in all CFL forums as a wingnut....even his own teams forum posters acknowledge it and are embarrassed by him. When your team gets a fan forum someday you will understand.

Edited by GCn20

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Nope, Rhymes asked for his release, it's not a coincidence he landed back it Ottawa where he spends the off-season, owns a house and has a fiance that works for the Feds.