Free Agency Day - Non-Bombers CFL News

5 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Does anyone know how much Ouellette signed for in Sask? They made the announcement official but I don’t see any numbers reported, hoping it was an arm and a leg..

Chances are if you’re not being told, it’s because SSK got themselves a deal. 

1 minute ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Does anyone know how much Ouellette signed for in Sask? They made the announcement official but I don’t see any numbers reported, hoping it was an arm and a leg..

been wondering too...I'd be shocked if it was under 170k...have topay a premium to get a RB to go to that sad sack offensive set up

Just now, Mike said:

Chances are if you’re not being told, it’s because SSK got themselves a deal. 

or they keeping it hush for a bit cause they got raped

Just now, Stickem said:

hardly setting a new benchmark for rb's

He might argue differently. Not a bad dollar amount for a guy who isn’t a bellcow. This is one of those “sounds about right” deals to me.

yeah that would be about the max I would have paid for him....any import to be honest, and he likely took the highest bidder, so tho not a huge overpay, the Riders paid the highest amount...there would be zero reason for him to go to a club who is basically still a mess, and missed playoffs last 2 yrs for a discount...none whatsoever...They paying for what he has done, and if it wasnt a result of where he was....much like Hardrick I can see them not getting bang for the buck...Same can be said about Edwards Cooper...also Thurman

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

He might argue differently. Not a bad dollar amount for a guy who isn’t a bellcow. This is one of those “sounds about right” deals to me.

It would have made him the highest paid RB in the league last year with Stanback. He’s a good runningback but undoubtedly Toronto had the best O-Line in football. That’s a lot of coin for a 29 year old American with one, one thousand yard season (1009 yards)

1 minute ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

It would have made him the highest paid RB in the league last year with Stanback. He’s a good runningback but undoubtedly Toronto had the best O-Line in football. That’s a lot of coin for a 29 year old American with one, one thousand yard season (1009 yards)

Sure, but now the Riders are threat to run. They weren't last year. 

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah that would be about the max I would have paid for him....any import to be honest, and he likely took the highest bidder, so tho not a huge overpay, the Riders paid the highest amount...there would be zero reason for him to go to a club who is basically still a mess, and missed playoffs last 2 yrs for a discount...none whatsoever...They paying for what he has done, and if it wasnt a result of where he was....much like Hardrick I can see them not getting bang for the buck...Same can be said about Edwards Cooper...also Thurman

This is quite literally one of the most ridiculous posts I have read in years.   Everyone you say signs with the Riders,they will not get their bang for their buck.   This coming from a fan of a team that is spending $1.34 million dollars on 4 players on offence lol.

And getting Ouellette for $70K less than Oliveira is a pretty good deal for the Riders.

1 minute ago, Wheeler said:

This is quite literally one of the most ridiculous posts I have read in years.   Everyone you say signs with the Riders,they will not get their bang for their buck.   This coming from a fan of a team that is spending $1.34 million dollars on 4 players on offence lol.

And getting Ouellette for $70K less than Oliveira is a pretty good deal for the Riders.

The difference is our guys are worth the price and then some. We got the best quarter back, best running back, best receiver, and arguably best Canadian receiver with those four players. 

2 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

All things considered, having a flush toilet "is a pretty good deal for the Riders".

3 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

Worse passport,  less well rounded player... not comparable at all. 

Another year of high hopes in riderville, another year of disappointment. 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Lot of teams that look better on paper so far this year. Our only pickup so far is Streveller. Putting a TON of stock into recruiting.

But how many were wanting to target Schoen and BO too tho? The way I look at it we locked up the best available RB ...WR....Back-up QB and top 3 DE in WJ....Not too mention top DB in Nichols....they were all our own guys, but that says something to who we recruited, drafted, and signed as previous FA's

All those guys mentioned could have gotten and signed for more every where else in the league....I guess you could throw Bryant in there as well...still the top..if not top 2 LT in league until proven otherwise...if we moved on from him you know every team would be calling...same with Neuf...we can't help it that most our guys that were soon to be free agents are tops in their positions...and it seems like we been idle.

We also let some of ours walk as well who were due a price hike, but probably not worth what they were to be getting, and def not worth our time and money to match