Free Agency Day - Non-Bombers CFL News

8 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

This is quite literally one of the most ridiculous posts I have read in years.   Everyone you say signs with the Riders,they will not get their bang for their buck.   This coming from a fan of a team that is spending $1.34 million dollars on 4 players on offence lol.

And getting Ouellette for $70K less than Oliveira is a pretty good deal for the Riders.

oh the turd is back..Go back to your site already....Cooper is average at best..Hardick way over payed and in decline...and you can get same or better LB production for less if you knew how to scout/recruit...Dont get me started on Lanier as well...high premium for above average production, with injury and work ethic issues....move along...Paying any import back above 140k isnt a good deal...unless his last name ended in Pringle..Roberts..

Edited by Booch

6 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

This is quite literally one of the most ridiculous posts I have read in years.   Everyone you say signs with the Riders,they will not get their bang for their buck.   This coming from a fan of a team that is spending $1.34 million dollars on 4 players on offence lol.

And getting Ouellette for $70K less than Oliveira is a pretty good deal for the Riders.

You’d love to spend that much on those 4 guys😂

Meanwhile you’re spending basically the same on absolute dog ****. 

The only team in the league that manages to over pay on every single signing. Literally nobody takes less than over max value. 

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Worse passport,  less well rounded player... not comparable at all. 

Another year of high hopes in riderville, another year of disappointment. 

Worst franchise in the history of North American sport. 

A dumpster fire in every way. 

Just now, Geebrr said:

You’d love to spend that much on those 4 guys😂

Meanwhile you’re spending basically the same on absolute dog ****. 

The only team in the league that manages to over pay on every single signing. Literally nobody takes less than over max value. 

I guess paying about 1.1m for Harris..Hardrick...Oullette and Bane is so much better...and old broke down Qb who has never won anything...a breaking down aging tackle who showed serious decline...while being on best line in league masking some of it...Bane who has had 1 decent season but faded away, and a soon to be 30 yr old import back who has had 1  1000 yr season and is not a viable receiving threat....ok.....super value there

26 minutes ago, Mike said:

The best way for me to try and think of the Ouelette money is through a lens of “would I have been happy if the Bombers paid him that money” and if we lost Brady, I think my answer would’ve been yes

I agree to some extent. Oulette is a good RB.

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

I guess paying about 1.1m for Harris..Hardrick...Oullette and Bane is so much better...and old broke down Qb who has never won anything...a breaking down aging tackle who showed serious decline...while being on best line in league masking some of it...Bane who has had 1 decent season but faded away, and a soon to be 30 yr old import back who has had 1  1000 yr season and is not a viable receiving threat....ok.....super value there

Our guys are the best players at their position. They still took less than what they could have from other teams. 

That trash franchise pays top dollar for every position regardless of skill level. 

It is the “living in dumpy Regina” tax. 

22 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

Oulette at 160k is fair not a great deal by any means. He doesn't hold a candle to BO.

29 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Lot of teams that look better on paper so far this year. Our only pickup so far is Streveller. Putting a TON of stock into recruiting.

That is probably the best move we could have made.

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Worst franchise in the history of North American sport. 

A dumpster fire in every way. 

Yet all you guys do is talk about them.   Bombers to their credit have had a great few years at the top, watching them crumble to Fajardo and the Alouettes in the Grey Cup spoke volumes in my opinion.

Stanley is a couple years short of 40 and he actually started looking human last year.  Your Dline is a punchline right now.   LB's are nothing to write honme about.   3 receivers making over $700K is utterly ridiculous and the holes that will create on the rest of the roster already shows, especially on defence.  You can't deny that the Bombers defence right now is a skeleton of what it used to be.   Is Bighill even coming back, because word is Ouellette is inquiring.  ;)

22 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

The difference is our guys are worth the price and then some. We got the best quarter back, best running back, best receiver, and arguably best Canadian receiver with those four players. 

Arguably best 2 IMP receivers. Schoen and Lawler are exceptional.

Just now, GCn20 said:

Oulette at 160k is fair not a great deal by any means. He doesn't hold a candle to BO.

plus you can find his production with anther import if your scouting and GM doesn't blow for 85k less

6 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Our guys are the best players at their position. They still took less than what they could have from other teams. 

That trash franchise pays top dollar for every position regardless of skill level. 

It is the “living in dumpy Regina” tax. 

Some from Winnipeg saying that about Regina is like someone from Saskatchewan making fun of Winnipeg because of its cold winter

Edited by Wheeler

Just now, Booch said:

plus you can find his production with anther import if your scouting and GM doesn't blow for 85k less

Yea....BO is not just a ratio breaker is an MOP level ratio breaker. Oulette is your slightly above average run of the mill IMP back that is a dime a dozen. 

Just now, Wheeler said:

Some from Winnipeg saying that about Regina is like someone from Saskatchewan making fun of Winnipeg because of its cold winter

I suppose parts of Winnipeg are comparable to Regina, like the North end for instance.

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Yoshi is a very good player - his contract is ridiculous. 

Everything else is just the Giant Tiger version of what we have. 

Hardrick's contract is alot but he not only makes the Riders Oline better, it makes the Bombers oline that much worse.   Wasn't he the Most outstanding Olineman in the west last year?

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Yoshi is a very good player - his contract is ridiculous. 

Everything else is just the Giant Tiger version of what we have. 

Yoshi is grossly overpaid, the rest are as you say....no name knockoffs of the real mccoy that we have.

Just now, Wheeler said:

Yet all you guys do is talk about them.   Bombers to their credit have had a great few years at the top, watching them crumble to Fajardo and the Alouettes in the Grey Cup spoke volumes in my opinion.

Stanley is a couple years short of 40 and he actually started looking human last year.  Your Dline is a punchline right now.   LB's are nothing to write honme about.   3 receivers making over $700K is utterly ridiculous and the holes that will create on the rest of the roster already shows, especially on defence.  You can't deny that the Bombers defence right now is a skeleton of what it used to be.   Is Bighill even coming back, because word is Ouellette is inquiring.  ;)

and the talk on your site? we live rent free there....and it funny as hell

Bryant was still tops in his position...what you were looking at is somewhat funny....And Auclair...Thurmon ..and ???? is a power unit for LB...gotcha....and father time Michah Johnson...Overated and underwhelming Lanier....and who are your ends beside Carney??...another solid group .....only hole I see on defense really is a traditional nose....Holes are all over your squad tho...QB...Oline....receiver...db's....

4 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

Hardrick's contract is alot but he not only makes the Riders Oline better, it makes the Bombers oline that much worse.   Wasn't he the Most outstanding Olineman in the west last year?

That award was a result of Paddy Neufeld covering his ass all year last year. He will find it very uncomfortable playing next to the absolute most garbage interior OL in the CFL for many years now.

Edited by GCn20

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

Yea....BO is not just a ratio breaker is an MOP level ratio breaker. Oulette is your slightly above average run of the mill IMP back that is a dime a dozen. 

I suppose parts of Winnipeg are comparable to Regina, like the North end for instance.

I read on here many times over the past month or so that losing Oliveira wasn't a big deal because he could easily be replaced by an American,.   What has changed?

And yes I agree about the North end argument.   The north end of Regina does resemble Winnipeg quite a bit.    Drove through there a few months ago, driving into Winnipeg from the  west on the TransCanada was like driving into Beirut.   

6 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

We will finish 5-6 wins ahead of you.....AGAIN....and you will still not shut your pie hole....AGAIN....Oh Migs you never learn. I've never seen a fan more dense than you.

Just now, Wheeler said:

I read on here many times over the past month or so that losing Oliveira wasn't a big deal because he could easily be replaced by an American,.   What has changed?

And yes I agree about the North end argument.   The north end of Regina does resemble Winnipeg quite a bit.    Drove through there a few months ago, driving into Winnipeg from the  west on the TransCanada was like driving into Beirut.   

ummm...we didnt lose him...and paid 30..40 k less than other teams offered...so no need to go American

1 minute ago, Wheeler said:

North end of Winnipeg would be the nice section of Regina. 

Just now, GCn20 said:

We will finish 5-6 wins ahead of you.....AGAIN....and you will still not shut your pie hole....AGAIN....Oh Migs you never learn. I've never seen a fan more dense than you.

well...if u read their site you would see many....some even denser

2 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

He’s a good player playing as part of the best line in the league. 

He isn’t worth 235k. It is as much Bryant voter fatigue as anything. 

Now he is looking next to him and seeing who? 

Just now, Geebrr said:

He’s a good player playing as part of the best line in the league. 

He isn’t worth 235k. It is as much Bryant voter fatigue as anything. 

Now he is looking next to him and seeing who? 

Godber...Bandy...Ferland...Blake who is falling apart and not even close to what he was...6 yrs ago....so he is seeing super stars