Free Agency Day - Bombers Moves

The only thing I remember Bighill commenting about was when people were suggesting that he shouldn't have been playing because he had coverage on the early 3rd quarter touchdown and he seemed to be throwing someone under the bus by insinuating that of course that wasn't his responsibility... but really isn't that the other team's job to scheme it such as it BECOMES his responsibility? 

Bighill has been nothing but class, since he joined the blue, his criticism of the communication process was made as a player and a pleyer rep. But even he stated that Walters was in a difficult position due to the lack of clarity with Olivera and Schoen.

Bighill has always been a team first player, and I personally believe that he and Jefferson are the  best defensive players to wear the bomber jersey.

51 minutes ago, JCon said:

It sort of felt inevitable. But, this time, Walters had the upper hand negotiating. I'm kind of surprised he didn't go UFL, then sign with a CFL team when that contract ended. 

I hate the 1 year deals. it's hard to budget for next season when you constantly have to renegotiate these deals. You'd think an older veteran like Castillo would want some security that a two or 3 year deal brings.

55 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Any synopsis of what he said? 

glad Sergio is back. Hope they either let him punt or get a really good punter and kick off guy. 

26 minutes ago, ShyGuy said:

The only thing I remember Bighill commenting about was when people were suggesting that he shouldn't have been playing because he had coverage on the early 3rd quarter touchdown and he seemed to be throwing someone under the bus by insinuating that of course that wasn't his responsibility... but really isn't that the other team's job to scheme it such as it BECOMES his responsibility? 

This.  Here's one of his quotes on it.  He also tweeted about it so he definitely wanted it out there that it was not his fault.

“If you guys in the media are maybe a little bit more savvy watching football than maybe your average person, you know that we don’t ask linebackers to cover receivers vertically down the field,” Bighill said. “Let’s just say I was trying to cover up and help out. Was that my man in man-to-man coverage? No. But it’s OK, there was a miscommunication that Montreal did a good job of exploiting, coaching-wise. They saw something from the previous game that they went and attacked and made a big play on it. That’s the way it goes, good play by them.”

1 hour ago, JCon said:

It sort of felt inevitable. But, this time, Walters had the upper hand negotiating. I'm kind of surprised he didn't go UFL, then sign with a CFL team when that contract ended. 

Shhhhhhhh. We may need him for 2025.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

23 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

This.  Here's one of his quotes on it.  He also tweeted about it so he definitely wanted it out there that it was not his fault.

Thanks. I remember that I thought some thing actually negative had happened on twitter. Thats nothing to be riled up about imo. 

25 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

If that were really true he would have sat out the Grey cup knowing he was not able to play to the level needed.

It’s hard enough for guys to retire, to say I’m not healthy enough in a gc I don’t expect any player to make that call. That’s the problem with having final say be the players. Coaches trainers and drs need to protect the team in positions like that. 

35 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

If that were really true he would have sat out the Grey cup knowing he was not able to play to the level needed.

either that or he truly believed he could help the team by being out there even if he wasn't 100%. If Hall felt it would be better to have someone else play mlb that's Hall's call.  Its not like we had a comparable player on the practice roster we could have inserted.

Bighill wasn't being selfish and to say that he's not team first to me is an insult to the leadership he has always displayed to this team. (anyone in the league will tell you he's one of the best leaders in the cfl)

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

either that or he truly believed he could help the team by being out there even if he wasn't 100%. If Hall felt it would be better to have someone else play mlb that's Hall's call.  Its not like we had a comparable player on the practice roster we could have inserted.

Bighill wasn't being selfish and to say that he's not team first to me is an insult to the leadership he has always displayed to this team. (anyone in the league will tell you he's one of the best leaders in the cfl)

Hi Adam, can you please unblock me on Twitter

Yes, Bighill was the goat on that horrible play, but from his comments, it seems that he was covering for someone who was consistently screwing up- probably the inside  halfback on that side. Bighill was probably hobbled and ought not to have played, but ultimately it was the defensive coordinator who made the call.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I hate the 1 year deals. it's hard to budget for next season when you constantly have to renegotiate these deals. You'd think an older veteran like Castillo would want some security that a two or 3 year deal brings.

This is a complete aside but these types of deals (1 year) is a primary reason I haven't bought a "player jersey" in years.   There's no incentive for me to if the player is gone the next year.  

It's either me repping my family or going old school with one of our greats.

4 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

This is a complete aside but these types of deals (1 year) is a primary reason I haven't bought a "player jersey" in years.   There's no incentive for me to if the player is gone the next year.  

I got tired of buying new jerseys too.   My current jersey is a #6 with no name on the back.   

Why #6?

An all time great Bomber and it happens to be my seat number, so it also helps me remember where I need to go :P 

20 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

I mean, our team is full of guys of have been here forever. 

You could pick a half dozen guys from last year's roster that would be great jersey choices even if they're not here this year or next or whatever... there's so many Hall of Fame players from this "era"....... there's no excuse for a blank jersey ever. Pewwww. 

24 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Now we do, but my jersey buying habits had to change years ago.   Put it this way, I even have a Siddeeq Shabazz jersey in my closet I bought on a whim out to Regina for Labour Day one year.  It sits right next to a game worn Marcellus Bowman jersey I bought at a locker room sale one year.

22 minutes ago, Jesse said:

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Now we do, but my jersey buying habits had to change years ago.   Put it this way, I even have a Sadeeq Shabazz jersey in my closet I bought on a whim out to Regina for Labour Day one year.  It sits right next to a game worn Marcellus Bowman jersey I bought at a locker room sale one year.

My Henoc Muamba jersey is right there with yours.

11 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

My Henoc Muamba jersey is right there with yours.

he was a #1 pick wasn't he? Nothing wrong with that. I bought a jersey off ebay that is Henoc on one side and Cauchy on the other... autographed by both. It's not something I'd ever wear, but I definitely have it on the wall (now that he's retired...) 

57 minutes ago, Rich said:

I got tired of buying new jerseys too.   My current jersey is a #6 with no name on the back.   

Why #6?

An all time great Bomber and it happens to be my seat number, so it also helps me remember where I need to go :P 

That’s a pretty sweet idea. I’d love to see some thing like that with seat numbers on jerseys for season ticket holders on a premium plan 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Yes, Bighill was the goat on that horrible play, but from his comments, it seems that he was covering for someone who was consistently screwing up- probably the inside  halfback on that side. Bighill was probably hobbled and ought not to have played, but ultimately it was the defensive coordinator who made the call.

Biggie wasn’t the hero. But he wasn’t the goat. He’s right, he was in no way designed to be the deep man or man lock in that situation. He tried to bail out a cover mistake. Which happens when you’re in cover 0 soo much. 
 I might take a look at the angles available for a break down on that play, in betting Houston was the one who blew cover.