2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I don't understand man. What's the difference between Behar and Jake Thomas? 

You're the one arguing we should shed this type of player, but know you want to sign another team's version?

For the record, I am totally open to bringing in Behar as veteran depth - but you and others have been adamantly against these deals for our players because they "block a young player".

Done deal. The speculation is that Bede is going to Edmonton.

Behar has use on ST....Offence....he's not in decline....thats the difference...I said shed players who are not up to par....and blocking young guys.....Behar is none of those...we have no young player at receiver thats being blocked, and Behar is good replacement for the loss of BOLO....Murphy on our roster is the only other Canadian....and he's not gonna be a world beater....anytime soon....if ever

14 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I don't understand man. What's the difference between Behar and Jake Thomas? 

You're the one arguing we should shed this type of player, but know you want to sign another team's version?

For the record, I am totally open to bringing in Behar as veteran depth - but you and others have been adamantly against these deals for our players because they "block a young player".

You're talking as if Behar is a super old guy when he's only 29.  He's the same age as Lawler - who missed a 3rd of the season this year (suspension) and last year (injury).  Would you advocate for the team to move on from him since he fits the same criteria as the one you're applying to Behar?

1 minute ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I’m very appreciate for Walters ability to keep players here and field a dominant roster from 2019-2023 seeing what’s happening with Toronto and even B.C to a smaller extent makes me realize what a tough job it must have been for him. 

True. But, also, players want to play here.

Who wants to play in front of 8k people who got in free because there is fair going on? 

3 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Can’t imagine Ottawa is going after Schoen after re-signing Hardy. Already have Hardy, Ryhmes, Acklin, and Addison under contract. 

Rhymes is the only receiver in that group making top dollar, Behar  and Acklin made around $160k, the rest much less.

Edited by Fatty Liver

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

they all are...just wait and see haha...

Seems that Mace isn't the drawing card Riderfans we're hoping for. They will probably throw gobs of money at Oakman, a guy benched for half the season, then exalt in their savior Corey Mace..lol

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Seems that Mace isn't the drawing card Riderfans we're hoping for. They will probably throw gobs of money at Oakman, a guy benched for half the season, then exalt in their savior Corey Mace..lol

this belief guys will follow a former co-ordinator...from a good team...to a dumpster rarely occurs....especially when the dumpster is sitting in Regina....

3 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Was Pickett released early?  FA hasn't started yet, thought Argos had to wait until this weekend to make a counter offer?

Wondered the same. Can a player just accept an offer from another club during the so-called tampering window? I thought Argos would have a chance to match or counter ...

Edited by Doublezero

Just now, Fatty Liver said:

Was Pickett released early?  FA hasn't started yet, thought Argos had to wait until this weekend to make a counter offer?

I think they are under belief that the Argos wont be matching the Ottawa numbers...so he will sign there, unless another team steps up and knocks Ott down a peg

I do see Barlow possibly being here tho

4 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

They can agree to terms but the current team will still have 48 hours at the end of the tampering window to try & get a deal done.  No deal is official until FA starts.