2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Fans have been saying that since 2022 but the braintrust says nope. 

If he dies, he dies. 

I think they clearly tried to bring in some nose tackles since stove left. Just doesn't seem like they have found what they wanted in one. They were really hard stuck on walker last year too. 

I can imagine being a nose in the cfl isn't easy. Unlike the NFL you will have to run and move a lot more and can be stuck on the field for a lot longer. Might be that they haven't felt comfortable with the ability of the bigs abilities to stay on the field and remain effective. 

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2024-04-26 at 2:30 PM, wbbfan said:

If he dies, he dies. 

I think they clearly tried to bring in some nose tackles since stove left. Just doesn't seem like they have found what they wanted in one. They were really hard stuck on walker last year too. 

I can imagine being a nose in the cfl isn't easy. Unlike the NFL you will have to run and move a lot more and can be stuck on the field for a lot longer. Might be that they haven't felt comfortable with the ability of the bigs abilities to stay on the field and remain effective. 

There've been some pretty good free agents available the past 2 years but Walters won't pay. Thinks there are priorities elsewhere. I never understood that line of thinking. I'd give up one all star receiver for one all star nose tackle. 

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

There've been some pretty good free agents available the past 2 years but Walters won't pay. Thinks there are priorities elsewhere. I never understood that line of thinking. I'd give up one all star receiver for one all star nose tackle. 

I tend to agree I think in general defensive stars are less of a priority league wide.  
 For us we lacked WRs and were spurned so frequently while we churned out dl talent. I think they are stuck in that mind set. 
 We should be able to get a good rookie nose though. Dl is deep with imp talent. 

15 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I tend to agree I think in general defensive stars are less of a priority league wide.  
 For us we lacked WRs and were spurned so frequently while we churned out dl talent. I think they are stuck in that mind set. 
 We should be able to get a good rookie nose though. Dl is deep with imp talent. 

We can only hope. 

20 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Everything starts in the trenches and moves out from there.

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

Global draft came and went 

We drafted LB Fabian Weitz (University of Buffalo / Cologne) who looks like he could be Thiadric’s younger brother and DB Lucky Ogbeveon (Tirol) who spent a bit of time in the NFL Pathway program

Was just wondering what time it started. That was quick.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Global draft came and went 

We drafted LB Fabian Weitz (University of Buffalo / Cologne) who looks like he could be Thiadric’s younger brother and DB Lucky Ogbeveon (Tirol) who spent a bit of time in the NFL Pathway program

Both were here in Wpg @ the combine in Mar.

Prospect                  #             Pos                                                 Height       Weigh      Bench    40          Ver      Broad       3-cone     Shuttle

WEITZ, Fabian           76             LB    Cologne Centurions (ELF)    5' 10 7/8"      228          17       4.77        32      9' 3 5/8"      7.07         4.59

OGBEVOEN, Lucky 75          LB Raiders Tirol (ELF)            6' 2 3/8"   233     10   4.96    32 9' 5 1/4" 7.33      4.58