2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

18 hours ago, Goalie said:

Hill is definitely an interesting signing. Dude seems to have speed and moves to burn so the waggle might be a positive for him. It’s all about picking it up tho. Interesting signing. More excited about Ohio state guy than Alabama guy lol. 

Enroll him in Professor Schoen’s intro course at Waggle U. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I still say Joey Elliott didn't get a fair shake!!!!

I’d have to agree. There’s another universe where he’s a superstar. 

14 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I really see a lot of favourable comparisons between the two. Schoen was more under rated as an athlete. He can really turn it up and burst in his cuts. 
 Gonna be a tremendous battle for that 3rd imp wr spot. 

All those corner routes in Hills video reminded me more of Clarence Denmark than anyone else. 

I’m still the most excited to see what that Wilson out of Florida State can do on a CFL field. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Who will you be most disappointed about when they are among the first cuts this spring? 

Nobody honestly. Highlight reel videos are just that and I personally have no idea how any of them will adapt to the CFL. Most disappointed tho would have to go to a guy on the current roster like a haba or fox or those types. Guys who have been here would be my pick for most I’ll say surprising cut cuz don’t think disappointed is the right word here with CFL rooks. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Who will you be most disappointed about when they are among the first cuts this spring? 

I know you didn't ask, but we don't get many out to lunch TC reports anymore, Used to be that a couple posters in the past would bang the drum hard for some guy, get our hopes up, and then that dude would be released a couple days later. Nowadays, there's no real hyping up of guys in camp enough to know who to be disappointed about. lol

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

I know you didn't ask, but we don't get many out to lunch TC reports anymore, Used to be that a couple posters in the past would bang the drum hard for some guy, get our hopes up, and then that dude would be released a couple days later. Nowadays, there's no real hyping up of guys in camp enough to know who to be disappointed about. lol

Last year I really liked the looks of running back Jordan Salima but the team ended up keeping McCrae.

There was also lots of hope that Barrington Wade would make the team.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Looks good with the exception of a name missing at the FB position  😭

I think in this new era a fullback is a lot of times irrelevant anyways. Sixth lineman for max protection, extra slot (6 pack) or an H back (Heavy receiver , blocker tight end in backfield type) is the way teams are utilizing that extra backfield spot.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Reacher is this year's Goodson for sure...

Who is this years marine? That’s the real question. Maybe back to a Charles Nelson Esq kr who also starts at wr? 
 Goodspeed would likely be a day 1 starter on this years team even more so. But I can’t imagine he is ever crossing that border. 

26 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

(20+) Video | Facebook

The new Yoshi?

Lofton is such a bad option at rt, I kind of expect it to be him. “He does soo much more out side of pass and run pro… he’s the best damned water boy in the league!” 

Edited by wbbfan

On 2024-02-28 at 4:20 PM, wbbfan said:

Who is this years marine? That’s the real question. Maybe back to a Charles Nelson Esq kr who also starts at wr? 
 Goodspeed would likely be a day 1 starter on this years team even more so. But I can’t imagine he is ever crossing that border. 

Lofton is such a bad option at rt, I kind of expect it to be him. “He does soo much more out side of pass and run pro… he’s the best damned water boy in the league!” 

I disagree on Lofton, with the caveat that I hope someone else is better. Last year, Lofton was actually middle of the pack in the CFL for OTs by PFF. So not stellar, but certainly not a terrible option either. If someone else beats him out in TC, we will be in pretty good shape at RT.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Lol. That's always the case.

Hasn't always been.  We literally have nobody in the Eli/Dobson spots from a year ago.  Major gamble that rookie will be able to play right away.  No one in the queue like we've had before to cover off for guys missing most of seasons and limited space to add in terms of $$$.  An issue.

8 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Hasn't always been.  We literally have nobody in the Eli/Dobson spots from a year ago.  Major gamble that rookie will be able to play right away.  No one in the queue like we've had before to cover off for guys missing most of seasons and limited space to add in terms of $$$.  An issue.

Eli or Dobson will be the 6th oline still. 

Bryant Dobson/Eli Kolo Neufeld American. One of Dobson or Eli will be 6th. 

Edited by Goalie