2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

I'm sure there will be a number of guys we've signed over the last little while who don't make it to camp.  Happens every year.

For sure, you sign them as they are available and then continue to try upgrade over them.

so hypothetically right now with guys signed/brought back excluding draft picks and any possible FA pickup.. would it be safe to say a tentative starting 24, sans TC competition which would give us our best line-up be:

Willie...Lawson...Fox...Haba up front (I have Haba there as he started games but truly don't think he's our best option...which isn't a bad thing by any means)

Wilson...Biggie...Cole as the LB's

Holm...Parker...BA....Nichols...Ford

on offense

Big Stan...Dobson...Eli...Neuf...and lets say Vanterpool and Kolo as 6th

Lawler...Woli...Demski...Schoen...and lets say big Bodied Keytaon Thompson out wide with Cruickshank for now as the Returner/gadget guy

ZC...and BO in backfield

Can't see that line-up by itself not being at least a 10 win squad at worst....But we have some guys....especially on defense now that I have looked at the roster that could really push for a role/starter spot...as well as a couple sleeper guys in offensive skilled positions too.

We get a solid draft...maybe 1 more under the radar key value signing as a free agent on defense...and things really look pretty good....younger...hungrier....and still have hat key depth with leadership and culture police

Especially if we can un-earth the Biggie heir apparent this yr, and have him be guided along by Biggie in a more rotational role to keep him fresh...

.thoughts?

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

so hypothetically right now with guys signed/brought back excluding draft picks and any possible FA pickup.. would it be safe to say a tentative starting 24, sans TC competition which would give us our best line-up be:

Willie...Lawson...Fox...Haba up front (I have Haba there as he started games but truly don't think he's our best option...which isn't a bad thing by any means)

on offense

Lawler...Woli...Demski...Schoen...and lets say big Bodied Keytaon Thompson out wide with Cruickshank for now as the Returner/gadget guy

ZC...and BO in backfield

Can't see that line-up by itself not being at least a 10 win squad at worst....But we have some guys....especially on defense now that I have looked at the roster that could really push for a role/starter spot...as well as a couple sleeper guys in offensive skilled positions too.

We get a solid draft...maybe 1 more under the radar key value signing as a free agent on defense...and things really look pretty good....younger...hungrier....and still have hat key depth with leadership and culture police

Especially if we can un-earth the Biggie heir apparent this yr, and have him be guided along by Biggie in a more rotational role to keep him fresh...

.thoughts?

Our PA goes up but countered with PF going up resulting in high scoring games ending with a 12-6 record? 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

on offense

ZC...and BO in backfield

.thoughts?

I got 11 wins out of that lineup easily, probably a couple more coin flip games besides those so 11-13 wins as it stands providing our STs are the same level as last year. 

Edited by GCn20

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I got 11 wins out of that lineup easily, probably a couple more coin flip games besides those so 11-13 wins as it stands providing our STs are the same level as last year. 

yeah.....i see no reason for panic at all...plus our offence hits the ground running...not worrying about installing a new system...new key pieces....and core of the defense much the same....

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah.....i see no reason for panic at all...plus our offence hits the ground running...not worrying about installing a new system...new key pieces....and core of the defense much the same....

Yea. I'm not seeing any real weak areas.

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

Not even on D line?? I think its an area of some concern....plus an aging Biggie......

Edited by Piggy 1

On 2024-02-09 at 3:46 PM, Mike said:

Stupid ass article from Friesen, what else is new. Love me some Jeffcoat, but is he really that startled at the thought that his team might have other priorities when he’s the one who openly expresses how much he’s been debating retirement? 

exactly

3 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

Not even on D line?? I think its an area of some concern....plus an aging Biggie......

If we Have WJ...Lawson...Fox...thats a good trio to have as a base....liking that Jamal Woods too now that I realize we have him signed, and Randall is a big body whom could also push for a spot...we know Haba can play, and I truly think Garbutt is better....so even if those are the 2 top guys out of camp...and we actually roster both and not be stupid all yr and waste a spot on Jackson, I think that line is actually better than what we had last yr...especially with Thomas hopefully having minimal reps, and if we could swing Kongbo to keep Bennett out of the rotation...I can't see him bringing more than he did last yr...

I will pass judgment on Biggie when I see what he has in camp, but also if he is a part time guy helping groom a newbie....he can be pretty useful for one more yr....Wilson as well...will be more like he was 2 yrs removed from Achilles repair...he actually was just fine last yr already...so not too worried there.....and we also have Cole in the mix, and we will have some new blood as well

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Kramdi will be a starter despite what coach MBB says. 

even if he is not better than someone else after camp?...if thats the case..then our coaching staff needs a slap upside the head....or aren't this be all end all most claim....you play the best players...not the best...and a few of your fav's and guys that are endearing to u...thats just stupid

1 minute ago, Booch said:

If we Have WJ...Lawson...Fox...thats a good trio to have as a base....liking that Jamal Woods too now that I realize we have him signed, and Randall is a big body whom could also push for a spot...we know Haba can play, and I truly think Garbutt is better....so even if those are the 2 top guys out of camp...and we actually roster both and not be stupid all yr and waste a spot on Jackson, I think that line is actually better than what we had last yr...especially with Thomas hopefully having minimal reps, and if we could swing Kongbo to keep Bennett out of the rotation...I can't see him bringing more than he did last yr...

I will pass judgment on Biggie when I see what he has in camp, but also if he is a part time guy helping groom a newbie....he can be pretty useful for one more yr....Wilson as well...will be more like he was 2 yrs removed from Achilles repair...he actually was just fine last yr already...so not too worried there.....and we also have Cole in the mix, and we will have some new blood as well

We lost Clements to now?  Yeah, i wanna see more of Haba myself...and why we wasted resources on JT is beyond me......

6 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Just took a look at this. Not much info about him other than 6-6 and 315lbs....gotta laugh outta his DOB

the info. on the guy is just overwhelming  .....so hard to follow ....    NOT

.....Guess when someone says about him....were you born yesterday....looking at that DOB they'd be right.....LOL.....Would be nice to hear more about the guy

9 minutes ago, Stickem said:

the info. on the guy is just overwhelming  .....so hard to follow ....    NOT

.....Guess when someone says about him....were you born yesterday....looking at that DOB they'd be right.....LOL.....Would be nice to hear more about the guy

he is a stud....had a string of games/snaps where he didnt allow a sack or a penalty...was a phenomenal amount...off top my head cant recall

WhatI do know is has good feet and athleticism for a big guy...likes to get in second level on runs and cause havoc too....could be the replacement....also has experience at guard too