2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Well now we have to. We found Stove and Sayles back to back, let’s get going fellas. 

I’m thinking quality CFL DB’s are not a dime a dozen. Really looking forward to seeing who we bring to camp.

Let’s find ourselves a Stiggers type player please and thank you. As much as I hate the Argos I so enjoyed watching him play.

3 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I’m thinking quality CFL DB’s are not a dime a dozen. Really looking forward to seeing who we bring to camp.

Let’s find ourselves a Stiggers type player please and thank you. As much as I hate the Argos I so enjoyed watching him play.

The last Stiggers situation was Juran Bolden, I think. Maybe Dee Alford was similar? Doesn’t come along very often.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Sayles and Walker were both very meh after having Nevis and Stove.... not that those guys are always available, but let's be closer to that than Walker/Sayles...

Sayles and Walker were both really good football players, not really sure what more you could’ve asked for to be honest. Sayles especially was great. Better than Stove, to be honest … he just didn’t do it in a way that stood out because he was built like a normal DT not the second coming of Jerome Haywood.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

what did we figure out about Holm? Is he a pending FA? He was supposed to be getting NFL tryouts but not sure anything happened there. I assume we can pencil him in to one of the secondary spots, along with Nichols and Parker.... Nick Hallett at S, likely...... then someone else (Ford??) in the last spot...

As of right now, I would imagine it’s going to be Parker on one corner, Holm and Nichols playing the HB spots and then another corner and a safety spot up for grabs. I don’t think we go Canadian at safety, I would assume they see Kramdi and Lawson as the starting Canadians on our D.

Marquise Bridges and Travon Fuller are both guys I like, although I don’t see either one of them really being able to play safety. Fuller would be my early bet to be a standout at corner for us, very rangy player, good length. 

Marcus Hillman seems like a safety candidate. Don’t really know much about him, but that’s the body type and 8 sacks as a DB in one year seems … like he must’ve been playing safety against some horrible teams 

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

As of right now, I would imagine it’s going to be Parker on one corner, Holm and Nichols playing the HB spots and then another corner and a safety spot up for grabs. I don’t think we go Canadian at safety, I would assume they see Kramdi and Lawson as the starting Canadians on our D.

Marquise Bridges and Travon Fuller are both guys I like, although I don’t see either one of them really being able to play safety. Fuller would be my early bet to be a standout at corner for us, very rangy player, good length. 

Marcus Hillman seems like a safety candidate. Don’t really know much about him, but that’s the body type and 8 sacks as a DB in one year seems … like he must’ve been playing safety against some horrible teams 

I'm not sure where Marcus Hillman plays in the CFL exactly but his highlights are f****** awesome

18 minutes ago, Mike said:

We've got both of the Hallet brothers signed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Nick play safety?? I recall him at safety last year. Noah has a bad knee and I'm surprised that he's coming back.

20 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Pretty good day at Clandeboye School today, both Willie Jefferson and Patrick Neufeld made the trip out and read to the kids for I Love to Read month. Junior was able to wear the Oliviera jersey he got for Christmas and got autographs on his W chain. 

Nephew gave me a call yesterday all excited that Demski and Neufeld read to his class.

I figured BA was done but hopefully he comes back on a team friendly salary. I like Nick Hallett at safety a lot. He looked really solid in his reps there last year. 

Do you think Clements goes elsewhere? I prefer Cole over him but having both of them could be key to giving Bighill a lower snap count, especially if we go Canadian in several other places.

A few key resignings for me are Castillo, Grant, Gauthier (if possible) and BOLO. I love Bailey but at this stage I'd rather have BOLO to back up Demski and Woli and for his high upside. 

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Ranthony signed with the Bombers a couple of times. He was signed in 2020 but when the season was cancelled he opted out of his contract. He re-signed in 2021 but was cut in camp.

Raleigh was on the Bomber practice roster before.

Ranthony was also on the Als and the RB's PR lists as far back as 2018, it appears he's still a FA lookin' for work.

16 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Nephew gave me a call yesterday all excited that Demski and Neufeld read to his class.

The kids were told Demski would be there today too but something came up. He says is totally tops Jake Thomas reading to his class back in grade 3 when we were still in the city. 

Just now, Fatty Liver said:

Wouldn't be surprised if BA eventually went into coaching, taking on Younger's previous job once Hall officially retires.

Wouldn’t mind that at all, got some major concerns he’s going to be a penalty machine this year if he’s a step slower and still bringing the same heavy lumber 

I'm fine with BA back ...he only just turned 30...and can play multiple spots and his vet presence is invaluable. I'm in the camp of seeing how he does this yr 2 yrs removed now from his surgery ..the fact he still had brace on leads me to believe it wasn't 100 percent

Also I think in a more traditional role of safety he would again be top of his class...what we had going on last yr was odd to me and didn't compute

2 hours ago, Mike said:

The last Stiggers situation was Juran Bolden, I think. Maybe Dee Alford was similar? Doesn’t come along very often.

Sayles and Walker were both really good football players, not really sure what more you could’ve asked for to be honest. Sayles especially was great. Better than Stove, to be honest … he just didn’t do it in a way that stood out because he was built like a normal DT not the second coming of Jerome Haywood.

Stove made others better where as sayles became better as an individual player. Stove was more than the sum of his individual play imo. He also didn’t come close to maxing out his potential. Damn shame. Sayles though stays healthy and gets better constantly. We still haven’t seen his best yet either. 

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'm fine with BA back ...he only just turned 30...and can play multiple spots and his vet presence is invaluable. I'm in the camp of seeing how he does this yr 2 yrs removed now from his surgery ..the fact he still had brace on leads me to believe it wasn't 100 percent

Also I think in a more traditional role of safety he would again be top of his class...what we had going on last yr was odd to me and didn't compute

With how they benched rose for the gc, and the changes we’ve seen already I don’t think ba will be old boys clubbed into a starting position. Great guy to have in camp, low risk high reward. Perfect scenario is he trains up other young dbs to becoming the next him. 

35 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Would we give up a few percentage points on FGs for better kickoffs?

5% for 5 yards of depth or more? I would, as long as it’s not at the cost of hang time. Those bede kick offs make it real hard on the return team. Another guy like that isn’t in the league tho imo  

5 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I wonder if Grant isn't brought back and they go with a kid like Aron Cruickshank ?

I think that’s going to be the plan A. Hard to pay grant big money with the unknown state of the ko return game. He played it for money last fa and didn’t get it. He was awesome last year, when healthy. But not healthy nearly enough. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I hope your right....Cuz like Mike said ,hes one player i wanted gone......

Just now, Piggy 1 said:

I hope your right....Cuz like Mike said ,hes one player i wanted gone......along with Number 4.