2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

6 hours ago, ShyGuy said:

Stanley Bryant is making 'slightly less' than his 2023 salary which was reportedly $190k and will be 38 when the season starts. He's been in the league what... 14 years now? 

Oliveira is coming off pretty much an MOP season, making $115k in 2023. As a 26 year old running back, the nature of the game is likely he has this and one more decent contract left in his career. The drop off for Running Backs as they approach 30 is huge. Dude needs to get the bag.

I'm sure BO will try to get as high an offer as he possibly can before coming to his senses and coming back to us at a reasonable rate. 

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. It was pretty much a foregone conclusion Brown was leaving. I'm impressed we were able to get anything at all as it was crystal clear he was heading to FA... OTT taking no chances on someone else swooping in. Kudos Walters and congrats to OTT, they poached one of the most coveted pending FAs

Edited by MOBomberFan

1 minute ago, blue85gold said:

Good to get something since Brown was gone anyway.

Glad he's in Ott and not in division.

that's the other part of this move from Walters POV.... you're keeping him outta the West. So that, plus a pick which could be a ST guy or something..... it's a win. 

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

At this point any return is better than none.

At this point sure. Still kind of surprised it's only A 5th. Doesn't seem like we got the most return we could have if we traded him earlier. Damn

Just now, BBlink said:

At this point sure. Still kind of surprised it's only A 5th. Doesn't seem like we got the most return we could have if we traded him earlier. Damn

that was before Strev came back in equation....I can see Schoen and Strev in at expense of BO...Prukop..and now Brown, 

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

that was before Strev came back in equation....I can see Schoen and Strev in at expense of BO...Prukop..and now Brown, 

Yeah I can see that. Ottawa may have been in the running for Strev. This essentially puts them out of it.

Also, as pointed out, the negotiation window for Ottawa is a lot smaller than it would have been if they had him earlier so hence the lower value.

To me it just comes down to timing and I think to an extent we blew it a bit. 

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

Your math is wonky, you cut maybe $320k in assets and you want to add at least $500-$600k in assets, considering they'd have to bring in another player to replace Brady.

Edited by Fatty Liver

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

that's the other part of this move from Walters POV.... you're keeping him outta the West. So that, plus a pick which could be a ST guy or something..... it's a win. 

It's supposed to be a deep draft this year so I'd take a flyer on an NFL guy with that type of "free" pick.  We don't currently have any of those high level guys waiting to catch on down south (other than Ford I guess but I expect him back this year).  Could be a good time to add a future prospect.

I'm not sure why people think they didn't get enough, or dropped the ball. Lol. As soon as that clock hit 00:00 in the Grey Cup, Brown was gone. He was never coming back regardless of the wishful thinking. Getting anything for what is essentially an unproven QB who was absolutely going to the FA market is a very solid move. 

Good luck to Brown. And Fantastic move by Walters.