Which Vets do we cut next season

Brandon

3 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Folks on here that were questioning the roster management have to feel a bit vindicated after this one (after the sadness/anger goes away). We stuck with the same ol same ol and didn't find and develop enough guys. Bighill playing tonight was a mistake. Schoen playing tonight was a result of not developing someone to step in and be the guy.

We could have dressed Rose, we could have dressed a d lineman. Hell, without Jackson we could have dressed 2 d linemen.

We really relied on Jeffcoat and Willie getting home and they were well schemed against. 

Defense was okay but not good enough. Offensively we were playing with 3 injured receivers and a QB who for some reason can't seem to make the big throws in the big game.

Im beyond frustrated. 

I feel bitter af and angry. Like we’ve been stuck on a train track watching the train move faster and faster closer and closer till it plowed over us. 
 I want to throw up. 

Just now, Brandon said:

I think Alexander is still a stud,   I'd keep him.  

Jeffcoat is injury prone,  I'd rather the salary go elsewhere.    Something something Buono used to cut guys in time etc.. etc...

Our D is not the same without Jeffcoat. I'd keep him ahead of almost everybody. 

What’s with all the hate for Sheahan lol? Is it his weird technique that throws people off? His average distance of 47.2 was not far off the 47. 9 that led the league among full-time punters and I am willing to bet his net yardage ranks even higher (anyone know where I can find that stat?). 

edit: found some in-depth punting stats. Looks like Sheahan ranks about the same in that category: https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/2023_CFL_League_Stats_Report_Week_21.pdf

I think the biggest issue on special teams this year was Castillo’s distance on kickoffs.

I would personally like to see what Dru Brown can do as the starter in this offence. Not sure I trust Collaros anymore.  Overall I think the roster is still strong, but I wouldn’t mind seeing guys like Thomas and Houston let go.

Edited by Yourface

2 minutes ago, Alpaca said:

It’s just weird that Zach can play so good in the regular season and then play so bad/tight in the playoffs. Like how he doesn’t move in the pocket and gets sacked. Is he playing bad or being handcuffed? Crazy.!

Thing is he wasn't THAT good in the regular season. Cracks definitely started to show and he was a lot more hit or miss. 

Father time is unbeaten and collaros might be at the end of his time as a top tier guy. The comeback was amazing but....

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I think Alexander is still a stud,   I'd keep him.  

Jeffcoat is injury prone,  I'd rather the salary go elsewhere.    Something something Buono used to cut guys in time etc.. etc...

Alexander gets matched up downfield we have a bad day.  Doesn't make any plays when he comes down into box.

He was a stud but hasn't been for 2 seasons now.  Not sure it'll be any better next year, likely to continue down the path it's been going.

I would start with a Ritchie Hall retirement, and possibly replacing Paul Boudreaux (SP) as special reams coordinator,

Players we need to know who is staying first, can we re-sign Oliveira and Schoen? I would be willing to move on my Zach if that means we can get Strevy. 

Eli needs to start at C, and as much as it pains me, maybe Grey to RT for Hardrick. I can’t see Augustine back but he is good on specials. 

On Defence, Thomas and Biggie for sure and then a couple new fresh cheap Canadian LB’s for specials. 

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Thing is he wasn't THAT good in the regular season. Cracks definitely started to show and he was a lot more hit or miss. 

Father time is unbeaten and collaros might be at the end of his time as a top tier guy. The comeback was amazing but....

He was the best QB in the league.

11 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I would start with a Ritchie Hall retirement, and possibly replacing Paul Boudreaux (SP) as special reams coordinator,

Players we need to know who is staying first, can we re-sign Oliveira and Schoen? I would be willing to move on my Zach if that means we can get Strevy. 

Eli needs to start at C, and as much as it pains me, maybe Grey to RT for Hardrick. I can’t see Augustine back but he is good on specials. 

On Defence, Thomas and Biggie for sure and then a couple new fresh cheap Canadian LB’s for specials. 

Is he?

38 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Folks on here that were questioning the roster management have to feel a bit vindicated after this one (after the sadness/anger goes away). We stuck with the same ol same ol and didn't find and develop enough guys. Bighill playing tonight was a mistake. Schoen playing tonight was a result of not developing someone to step in and be the guy.

We could have dressed Rose, we could have dressed a d lineman. Hell, without Jackson we could have dressed 2 d linemen.

We really relied on Jeffcoat and Willie getting home and they were well schemed against. 

Defense was okay but not good enough. Offensively we were playing with 3 injured receivers and a QB who for some reason can't seem to make the big throws in the big game.

Im beyond frustrated. 

I don’t feel vindicated at all. I would’ve rather sat here listening to Noeller and TrueBlue4ever tell me what an idiot I am for ever questioning anything our team did.

Feels like ****, man. Is it exactly what I dreaded all year long? Pretty much. We fostered a sense of complacency and just coasted on by thinking we didn’t need every single roster spot in order to win games. I hope our front office takes a long, hard look in the mirror tonight because quite honestly as much as they’re gonna sit here and say all the right things, what they did really was a slap in the face to the fans. You can’t expect to win it all when you openly handcuff yourself and then treat everyone else like they’re the dumb ones for pointing it out. 

40 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Nobody wants to just be the division champs but this was a good team and there is good reason to remain optimistic. Look around the league, I'm not trading coaches or rosters with anyone. Gpas here and there, who can;t say the same? See how the offseasons goes and take it from there

I think this is a good point. If we could trade shoes overall would we with anyone? I'm not so sure I would.

Dissapointing end for sure, but we've been spoiled by riches. Then again maybe this is why I'm so hesitant to move forward. I don't want the ride to end 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I don’t feel vindicated at all. I would’ve rather sat here listening to Noeller and TrueBlue4ever tell me what an idiot I am for ever questioning anything our team did.

Feels like ****, man. Is it exactly what I dreaded all year long? Pretty much. We fostered a sense of complacency and just coasted on by thinking we didn’t need every single roster spot in order to win games. I hope our front office takes a long, hard look in the mirror tonight because quite honestly as much as they’re gonna sit here and say all the right things, what they did really was a slap in the face to the fans. You can’t expect to win it all when you openly handcuff yourself and then treat everyone else like they’re the dumb ones for pointing it out. 

I was never that guy. I agreed with you. 

Just now, CodyT said:

I think this is a good point. If we could trade shoes overall would we with anyone? I'm not so sure I would.

Dissapointing end for sure, but we've been spoiled by riches. Then again maybe this is why I'm so hesitant to move forward. I don't want the ride to end 

There was no ride.... It was a mirage.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

The thing is, did you openly advocate for Zach to be benched all year long?

The marine didn't kill us tonight. It was our inability to score and sustain drives. Zach's post-season malaise and some questionable decisions by Buck. Would using a NI Fullback and benching Bighill have helped with that?

I dont feel vindicated either, as I would rather eat crow, but I will also say I told you so...I took barbs all yr, but seen this song and dance before, and the longer it festered...I knew it would become a huge issue.

I'm more pissed because it didn't have to be as so......and that they allowed the complacency to continue because the win's glossed over a lot of the little issues....and yeah they were little, but at the same time huge, but easily fixed....and we didn't

I like Osh as a coach, but he needs to evolve a bit, and also put his stubborn personal biases to the side for the better of his team, and sometimes not be the buddy, but the guy who makes the hard decisions even tho its the tough one

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

The marine didn't kill us tonight. It was our inability to score and sustain drives. Zach's post-season malaise and some questionable decisions by Buck. Would using a NI Fullback and benching Bighill have helped with that?

It might have, in the domino series that it would impact....

Just now, Jesse said:

Marine didnt help us...not one bit...But Fox..Haba...Rose...even an Ambles would have helped us

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

No, but did I watch a crippled Bighill get torched on a touchdown tonight? Yes. Did I watch our pass rush get gassed by the time it came down to crunch time? Yes. Did I see us dress multiple players that didn’t take a single rep? Yes.

Now tell me - why am I watching all of that? And could fixing any of it have possibly helped us cover up our offensive woes?

Just now, Booch said:

Marine didnt help us...not one bit...But Fox..Haba...Rose...even an Ambles would have helped us

They would have helped Zach get the ball away and sustain drives?

Would have stopped Buck from running Demski up the middle 3+ times for no gain?

Would keep Prukop on the bench on 2nd and short when the should be running their god damn offence?

I just....I just don't see this the same way some of you do.