Which Vets do we cut next season

Brandon

Ya you can't take anything MOS says in the post game as an indicator of the future. He'll keep everything in house. Having said that, I have a lot of questions about this current "run" we're on and how much is real and how much is a fluke/mirage. I'm gonna take the two cups we technically won and thank Christ for them and then remember who we really are... The team that gets to the dance and then finds a way to lose every time. Remember when Osh was the guy who never lost a GC??? Seems like we imagined all that.

8 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Even if he was going to, you wouldn't hear it in a press conference. 

No but his reaction on the injury stuff is just kind of sickening.  As a player do you lap that **** up or wonder what happens if we go 46 v 46 instead of 44 v 46?

1 minute ago, Colin Unger said:

If Zack isn't the best qb in the league who's better? Is someone going to argue that Kelly or Adams performed better in the playoffs?

By the time you get to this game the result is what matters.  Results haven't been great without Harris dragging the whole team.  Oliviera doesn't quite have that gear.

Think of the 21 West Final.  Sask should have killed us with the turnovers.  Harris had to dominate the 2nd half.

I'd say 21 Grey Cup is only one post Covid that ZC led the way.

16 minutes ago, Jesse said:

They would have helped Zach get the ball away and sustain drives?

Would have stopped Buck from running Demski up the middle 3+ times for no gain?

Would keep Prukop on the bench on 2nd and short when the should be running their god damn offence?

I just....I just don't see this the same way some of you do. 

they would have helped the gassed defense likely prevent Th Faj of all people look like a stud tho....would have took a crippled linebacker off the field that got torched for a TD....basically the deciding factor in a win or loss that game

Rose Likely makes those tackles Houston whiffed on.....so yeah.....replacing G.I Joe with a useful player would more than likely had a net positive outcome

20 minutes ago, Jesse said:

They would have helped Zach get the ball away and sustain drives?

Would have stopped Buck from running Demski up the middle 3+ times for no gain?

Would keep Prukop on the bench on 2nd and short when the should be running their god damn offence?

I just....I just don't see this the same way some of you do. 

How about the TD drive to start the half when we had no backup DB because Parker got dinged on the return?  Now we have Alexander getting burned at half and Bighill in man cover on the 3R getting burned for a TD.

Yeah you don't see it I guess.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

No but his reaction on the injury stuff is just kind of sickening.  As a player do you lap that **** up or wonder what happens if we go 46 v 46 instead of 44 v 46?

By the time you get to this game the result is what matters.  Results haven't been great without Harris dragging the whole team.  Oliviera doesn't quite have that gear.

Think of the 21 West Final.  Sask should have killed us with the turnovers.  Harris had to dominate the 2nd half.

I'd say 21 Grey Cup is only one post Covid that ZC led the way.

whats the link to his presser?...I didnt watch any post game stuff...shut er down when we attempted that stupid punt at the end

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

How about the TD drive to start the half when we had no backup DB because Parker got dinged on the return?  Now we have Alexander getting burned at half and Bighill in man cover on the 3R getting burned for a TD.

Yeah you don't see it I guess.

I agree with all of that. Biggie and Schoen should have been riding the pine, 100%.

Our offence still should have been able to win us this game. There were no excuses or roster management issues on that side, they just didn't perform. 

I'm not really sure if some people think some players are literal gods or what.  You play continually as a team with a handicap and it bites you in the ass from time to time.  Almost all of our losses this season followed the same pattern.  Had a chance to plan, prepare, manage better to mitigate that.  Chose not to.  Lost the game.

Yeah someone could have pulled out a 70 yard run or something, down by down we got ground down to a pulp and mismanaged the game in all 4 quarters down to the clock in the 4th.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'm not really sure if some people think some players are literal gods or what.  You play continually as a team with a handicap and it bites you in the ass from time to time.  Almost all of our losses this season followed the same pattern.  Had a chance to plan, prepare, manage better to mitigate that.  Chose not to.  Lost the game.

Yeah someone could have pulled out a 70 yard run or something, down by down we got ground down to a pulp and mismanaged the game in all 4 quarters down to the clock in the 4th.

But if we just threw a touchdown bro 

I said after the west final I was more worried about Bighill playing hurt than not playing at all, surprise surprise, the old guy who is barely hanging on when healthy wasn't good enough to play hurt. 

Houston should never have been in for rose. Houston missed the tackle in the backfield on stanback on the als first TD and he got beat for the final TD. 

they never should have gone as much of the season as they did without proper defensive line depth. 

Kolankowski should not have kept the starting job all year when he clearly isn't as good as Eli. Hell Eli was ahead of Grey before the vaccine issues, why was he relegated to backup? Not like Gray is killing it at guard. 

Collaros has problems but no one seems to be helping him out of it. 

playing schoen hurt was a bad call too. 

Just so many things that were building. This core was built 4, 5, 6 years ago, I was OK running it back this year but it didn't work, time to make some hard choices and reload. 

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

I am curious @Jesse what changes if any do you make for next year if you're in charge?

The only thing I really wanted this year was some depth and competition along the DL. I'd be bringing in lots of bodies. Haba would have never seen the bench, but even he was brought in last minute. There was just a dearth of competition this year. 

I don't know if we'll be able to re-sign Schoen, so receiver would be another big target. But that was really a last year thing to prepare for this coming year.

The "big change" I would make is to move on from Bighill.

I don't think I have the guts to move on from Collaros but I can 100% get the urge to. We were without a QB for decades and the only hope he ever had was the back-up; because the starter could never do the job. That seeps into people. 

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

and his competition was vernon adams and Chad Kelly.... 

Collaros being the best qb in the league is a damning indictment of the quality of qb in the league right now. I've said that for years. 

I agree, but unless you got the next Ricky Ray hiding somewhere, it is what it is. 

Just now, Jesse said:

The only thing I really wanted this year was some depth and competition along the DL. I'd be bringing in lots of bodies. Haba would have never seen the bench, but even he was brought in last minute. There was just a dearth of competition this year. 

I don't know if we'll be able to re-sign Schoen, so receiver would be another big target. But that was really a last year thing to prepare for this coming year.

The "big change" I would make is to move on from Bighill.

I don't think I have the guts to move on from Collaros but I can 100% get the urge to. We were without a QB for decades and the only hope he ever had was the back-up; because the starter could never do the job. That seeps into people. 

I agree, but unless you got the next Ricky Ray hiding somewhere, it is what it is. 

u move on from Bighill there is Schoen money right there

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I said after the west final I was more worried about Bighill playing hurt than not playing at all, surprise surprise, the old guy who is barely hanging on when healthy wasn't good enough to play hurt. 

Houston should never have been in for rose. Houston missed the tackle in the backfield on stanback on the als first TD and he got beat for the final TD. 

they never should have gone as much of the season as they did without proper defensive line depth. 

Kolankowski should not have kept the starting job all year when he clearly isn't as good as Eli. Hell Eli was ahead of Grey before the vaccine issues, why was he relegated to backup? Not like Gray is killing it at guard. 

Collaros has problems but no one seems to be helping him out of it. 

playing schoen hurt was a bad call too. 

Just so many things that were building. This core was built 4, 5, 6 years ago, I was OK running it back this year but it didn't work, time to make some hard choices and reload. 

Cant believe it but i pretty much agree with all of this. 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

u move on from Bighill there is Schoen money right there

Yeah there's a bunch of money that should be freed up really.

I can't imagine there won't be 3-4-5 guys retiring and most of them are 90s-six figures types that probably you'd replace almost all of them with rookies.

I don't see cap space being an issue for the 2024 team.

The problem will be finding the guys to backfill.  But there's no reason they should be losing guys for money reasons that they want.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules