Which Vets do we cut next season

Brandon

I know we are all charged up from that disappointing loss... but which guys do you think should get cut next season and which ones do you think the team actually will move on.  

I'm going to assume realistically that they won't cut Zach and won't cut Bighill. 

Houston?  Jeffcoat?  Punter?  

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I know we are all charged up from that disappointing loss... but which guys do you think should get cut next season and which ones do you think the team actually will move on.  

I'm going to assume realistically that they won't cut Zach and won't cut Bighill. 

Houston?  Jeffcoat?  Punter?  

So. Many..... I hope Walters gets a new deal (cough JBR.....) and he can figure out the rebuild. But I'm done with this core.

See who wants to play first.

Only way I'm keeping Hardrick around is if Bryant retires for continuity.

Guy had a shitty season and got busted up trying to lean on pass pro in this game leaving ZC dancing around.

Yeah yeah, OL of the year.  It's a lifetime award.

Don't really see much use for Alexander at this point unless he comes cheap.  Wilson, Bighill not very impactful and likely to fall off cliff.

Secondary needs a rebuild around Nichols, Holm, Parker with a free agent and a rookie.  See what Kramdi does, might be headed back home.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

See who wants to play first.

Only way I'm keeping Hardrick around is if Bryant retires for continuity.

Guy had a shitty season and got busted up trying to lean on pass pro in this game leaving ZC dancing around.

Yeah yeah, OL of the year.  It's a lifetime award.

Don't really see much use for Alexander at this point unless he comes cheap.  Wilson, Bighill not very impactful and likely to fall off cliff.

Secondary needs a rebuild around Nichols, Holm, Parker with a free agent and a rookie.  See what Kramdi does, might be headed back home.

I think Wilson was still fine otherwise I agree with most of what you've said.

Just now, do or die said:

lack of..... helped us lose cups in 22 and 23

yup....and sad part was we were the team to kind of establish and start that trend of having 7..8 more than capable dline guys

1 minute ago, MOBomberFan said:

Half those guys replacements already on the roster more than likely. Reload not rebuild. We will be back.

and thats the frustrating part....we had dline help on PR that wouldhave been huge....but we wasted a spot all damn yr on a useless position

Our punting and coverage all yr...literally all damn yr sucked...our punter cant flip the field unless he gets a lucky bounce/roll....yet we had another on PR all yr who could boom it...had great hang time.....and then we cut him 15 games into season...like wtf?!?

Just now, Noeller said:

There's like a half dozen guys still on the roster that arguably cost us the last two GCs.....???

Who cost us the Grey Cup that we should have moved on from? That wouldn't have prevented us from making the Grey Cup in the first place.

It was a poorly played game. Doesn't take away from everything that got us to the opportunity to play in the last two Grey Cups.

Folks on here that were questioning the roster management have to feel a bit vindicated after this one (after the sadness/anger goes away). We stuck with the same ol same ol and didn't find and develop enough guys. Bighill playing tonight was a mistake. Schoen playing tonight was a result of not developing someone to step in and be the guy.

We could have dressed Rose, we could have dressed a d lineman. Hell, without Jackson we could have dressed 2 d linemen.

We really relied on Jeffcoat and Willie getting home and they were well schemed against. 

Defense was okay but not good enough. Offensively we were playing with 3 injured receivers and a QB who for some reason can't seem to make the big throws in the big game.

Im beyond frustrated.