Grey Cup Game Day Thread. Let's Go!!

SpeedFlex27

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Who gives a **** about Ambles?

He's just a guy.

He's a receiver. It was pretty obvious that we had no stretch downfield as Schoen couldn't do it. So, why wouldn't you play a CFL veteran receiver? Why didn't we sign a couple of other guys? Like Booch & others have said, roster management sucks. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He's a receiver. It was pretty obvious that we had no stretch downfield as Schoen couldn't do it. So, why wouldn't you play a CFL veteran receiver? Why didn't we sign a couple of other guys? Like Booch & others have said, roster management sucks. 

Ambles wouldn't even have been the guy to go in if we benched Schoen. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

I went basically my whole life without seeing the Bombers win a Grey Cup until 2019, and my kids have only seen the Bombers win or play in them. 

There will be change and this is likely the end of an era. But I'm going to take a second and just reflect on the amazing run that this team had. I am so appreciative to pretty much everyone involved in the organization. Management, coaches, players...they've put so much into it. Winning Grey Cups is just difficult. 

I'm not prepared to do that tonight. Nice guys finish last. I don't care how hard they tried. They ****** this game up & guys like Ritchie Hall should be sent packing. Maybe in 2-3 weeks, I'll feel different but not now. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm not prepared to do that tonight. Nice guys finish last. I don't care how hard they tried. They ****** this game up & guys like Ritchie Hall should be sent packing. Maybe in 2-3 weeks, I'll feel different but not now. 

Not telling anyone how to deal with this loss. Totally up to you. Just sharing how I've approached it now. 

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't think the receivers were the reason we had no stretch downfield.

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Dude for God sake, Ambles was healthy. He could run. The others playing couldn't. We brought NO ONE in to put them on the PR. Why the **** was he brought in if they had no intentions of playing him. So, we dressed receivers that couldn't & shouldn't play. Our passing game looked like **** today. 

We stop a 3rd and five, we are celebrating three cups in four years. We make a doable field goal last year that changes to a four peat. Make TWO plays, TWO in the last seconds of the last two GC appearances we are having a bit of a different discussion right now.

Heart break city but c’mon after all said and done not bad considering. 

Next year will be really interesting in how this team fares. We’ll all be there for the ride bitching and complaining. :)

Couple of thoughts...

We've seen qbs have a good few games and then taper off. I'm talking about Maier as recently as last year.

I'd like to keep brown around but I'd ease up on the cut collaros talk. That's a very bad idea.

Hate to eat crow but @Boochyou were right.

Here's what I really don't get it. There's 35 seconds left in the game. Even if we sack them they are still in field goal range. What is hall thinking bringing the house? We're playing for overtime at that point. WHY?

That being said, terrible night for Hall but he's a good coordinator and had a perfectly schemed game last week. Not sure what happened here.

Having trouble processing this. I was telling my girlfriend that runs like this come around once in a life time. Our dynasty talk is over.

Great season, minus the last half 

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

We stop a 3rd and five, we are celebrating three cups in four years. We make a doable field goal last year that changes to a four peat. Make TWO plays, TWO in the last seconds of the last two GC appearances we are having a bit of a different discussion right now.

Heart break city but c’mon after all said and done not bad considering. 

Next year will be really interesting in how this team fares. We’ll all be there for the ride bitching and complaining. :)

Honestly.

We make one stop and that was the game. We didn't. And it should not have gotten to that point. But -  it's the Grey Cup - you don't get the trophy before the game is played.

We put ourselves in position to win in each of the last two years, but lost in coin flip fashion. It does suck, but I'd rather be in this position than sitting in the place of the other 7 teams. 

Ambles I bet would have made a huge difference and gave Lawler more room to do his thing....Even in WF....We dressed Mcrae...who isnt a receiver in lieu of Ambles when Schoen couldnt go...then parked him on bench all game...like wtf was that?

Also the none use of Bailey in the run game...or the crossers he did, and same with Demski showed they were not comfortable with them taking a heavy load, and yet still didnt roster another true receiver or actually use one we have...Bolo if actually utilized would be very effective.

Our offence the last 3 games has been a shell of what we have done and were successful for solely because roster issues and not having the horses to actually help it out.

Same on defence...last several games we barely seen Bennet or Thomas on the field...thankfully but we over used the Jeffs and Walker /Lawson....No dline is gonna be dominant with 90 percent of snaps between 4 guys all game..game in and game out....and especially when we saw how effective the Wilson/Cole/Clements/gauthier use was when Biggie went out in WF....to not roll with that...against a similar QB...one with less passing skills than VA and not bring on Fox for Biggie and Haba for Jackson was just inexcusable...And what happened with Hansen...I didn't even see him on defence today.....Yanking Rose for whatever reason also in a big game...well last 2 games was foolish...vet leader who has seen it all...and has always came up big in play-offs, and played just fine all yr...why?...Cause they got swayed by 7 picks, but overlooked the busted converges and huge gains against all year...and the worst tackling on the team??...When Rose is actually excellent in run support or coming in to tackle on that short crap we all knew the Faj would use.....just stupid roster use

If we wanna hang the goat horns on anyone it should be square on the head of our HC....as he put this together, and was a culmination of poor use and decisions all yr, that finally came home to roost at the worst possible time...we escaped a lot of L's during the year, despite it....but I said all along...u let it continue and we'd be sorry....feeling pretty sorry now I bet

11 minutes ago, Jesse said:

which would have been again...a piss poor roster decision....cause it would have been Mcrae

8 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Going to have to rewatch when I’m sober. Didn’t worry about the outcome til way late in the game. 

I think we were outcoached. No way we should lose this game. 

we were

47 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

I know you're upset. I am too. I have been a die-hard (really die-hard) since 1957. (Yes, I'm that old.) Seriously, there is always next year, more for you because I don't have that many left.

Next time you blink it will be training camp...we just have to keep moving forward. 

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

the use of Bailey in the run game...or the crossers he did, and same with Demski showed they were not comfortable with them taking a heavy load, and yet still didnt roster another true receiver or actually use one we have...Bolo if actually utilized would be very effective.

This is an offensive game plan fail.

And, IMO, was the biggest factor of the last two Cup losses.