East Final GDT - Argonauts vs Alouettes

MOBomberFan

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Isn't Oakman up too? Or did he re-up last year? 

FA according to 3DN:

Defensive line

Brandon Barlow (A)
Thomas Costigan (A)
Dewayne Hendrix (A)
Shawn Oakman (A)

But there's more!

Linebacker

Jack Cassar (N)
Trevor Hoyte (N)
Jonathan Jones (A)
Wynton McManis (A)
Adarius Pickett (A)

Robert Priester (A)
Henoc Muamba (N

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Argo fans on social media are still trying to justify Chad kelly (probably) going to win the MOP Award by saying he was the best qb in the league because his team won 16 games. That's it. They won 16 games. That makes him automatically the best. As if  winning the most games had anything to do with it.  They don't like the criticism that Kelly is getting from other team's fanbases. Anyone see Bluto, yet? 

Yeah, I called him a game manager as he benefited from a good return game and a good defence that produced sacks and turnovers.

The replies I got was that I was describing Collaros. Lol

Like, who the hell would call Zach a game manager? Not with his escapability, his deep ball threat and ability to produce game winning drives.

Just now, Noeller said:

Well, I mean.... he and his wife did when they came up with those hats. But that was in jest, I suppose.... but Nichols and Glenn definitely were game managers. And did it well. 

I think Glenn could go out and win games occasionally. Nichols through and through was a game manager though.

4 minutes ago, CodyT said:

I think Glenn could go out and win games occasionally. Nichols through and through was a game manager though.

Nah... Nichols was 9-1 until his injury in 2019. He was a winner, for sure. He and Glenn weren't superstars, but they were just a tier below...

5 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I would definitely label Nichols a game manager. My memories of him is throwing the ball into the stands whenever there was a hint of trouble.

Yeah, I mis-read your earlier post...  insane that people were calling Zach a Game Manager. At times he can be (playoff games) but during summer months he has absolutely decimated teams by himself. Collaros, however, definitely was a game manager. He could bust out and throw for big gains, but by and large, he was a winner who didn't have to do it himself. 

32 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Nah... Nichols was 9-1 until his injury in 2019. He was a winner, for sure. He and Glenn weren't superstars, but they were just a tier below...

For once I agree with Noeller,   pre big injuries the guy was able to throw the ball down field and would attack.   

Post big injury he was a noodle arm who had to be a game manager because physically he was done.    

I posted a long time ago the stats of him before his injury where he averaged nearly 300 yards per game... post injury it was a bunch of 150 -225 yards where he dunked it off to the running back because he played extremely defensive.    

I just always remember him being "meh" and we were happy to have him because we'd had a terrible string of qbs before him.

Maybe I don't give him enough credit. But I do remember getting into playoff games and thinking, Nichols ain't gonna get the job done

Glenn I liked watching play when he was on. Was a better version of Trevor Harris in his glory days imo

2 hours ago, CodyT said:

I just always remember him being "meh" and we were happy to have him because we'd had a terrible string of qbs before him.

Maybe I don't give him enough credit. But I do remember getting into playoff games and thinking, Nichols ain't gonna get the job done

Glenn I liked watching play when he was on. Was a better version of Trevor Harris in his glory days imo

Ironically Matt played excellent in the playoffs for us.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Glenn remains my favourite Bomber QB. I have one framed Bomber player photo on my wall and its Glenn. I will defend that man to the death. He was a Kevin Eiben belly flop away from ending our drought.

And Nichols was a big part of the foundation we built. The way our D played in 2019, he could have won it for us too.

Two QBs denied a special place in Bomber history due to injuries, IMO.

21 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I don't remember. I retract my statement. I just remember having that "feeling" that we weren't going to get the job done.

With some time to think, I think it's because we were so conditioned to losing. 

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Heartily disagree with this.  Lost 2018 WF in a game where the D was dominant and if offense could put together one drive we would have been in that Grey Cup.

2016 big first half, couldn't put together a couple drives in 2nd half to ice it.  2017, got hammered by Edmonton, put up some nice stats after beatdown.

42 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Heartily disagree with this.  Lost 2018 WF in a game where the D was dominant and if offense could put together one drive we would have been in that Grey Cup.

2016 big first half, couldn't put together a couple drives in 2nd half to ice it.  2017, got hammered by Edmonton, put up some nice stats after beatdown.

This is how I remember it.  They didn't generate enough points or time killing drives, as an offense.