Winnipeg Versus the Ponies Aka Battle of the Reserves GDT

rebusrankin

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

There hasn't been a QB free agency derby like there's about to be for Dru Brown in some time.

Combination of what he's shown and how bad most teams are at QB right now.

Not going to happen,   the only team that needs a starting QB is Ottawa.     Maybe Calgary moves on from Maier since he sucked the big one tonight?      

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

There hasn't been a QB free agency derby like there's about to be for Dru Brown in some time.

Combination of what he's shown and how bad most teams are at QB right now.

Didn’t Harris and blm both get 500k range this last off season? Some one is gonna offer him 400k plus and the helm of their team. And he deserves it.  

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Didn’t Harris and blm both get 500k range this last off season? Some one is gonna offer him 400k plus and the helm of their team. And he deserves it.  

Yeah I think Cornelius/Maier contract will be opening bid for Brown.

And I expect 7 teams in it unless BC pulls off miracle run to Hamilton.  Obviously 4-5 teams are a lot more desperate.  But for anyone thinking guaranteed money will keep teams out...they can trade most of the guys who have the guaranteed money, and even if they have to cut them it's $100,000 of an almost $6,000,000 cap.

Say Calgary signed Brown.  I'm sure they could deal Maier to Ottawa or Montreal, even Sask depending on what happens there.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

Just now, Brandon said:

Not going to happen,   the only team that needs a starting QB is Ottawa.     Maybe Calgary moves on from Maier since he sucked the big one tonight?      

Montreal too. Faj has held them back. And that’s two play off teams. I can see edm offering him a bag, maybe ham decent chance ssk. 
 I think it also means a team like ssk likely takes a run at buck and brown. But I don’t think they have a chance at either. 

Yeah I think Cornelius/Maier contract will be opening bid for Brown.

And I expect 7 teams in it unless BC pulls off miracle run to Hamilton.  Obviously 4-5 teams are a lot more desperate.

You really think BC signs Brown and cuts VAJ + Dane Evans for him?  

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Brown is a better QB than anyone 7 teams have for sure.  There's no reason for teams to not look into making a move.

BC is going to do something if they don't make Grey Cup this year.  Sask clearly doesn't have a franchise QB.  Edmonton doesn't.  Calgary doesn't.  Montreal doesn't.  Ottawa doesn't.  Hamilton has a raw rookie and two guys over 30 who have been injured repeatedly in the past 3-4 seasons.

Brown is a better QB than anyone 7 teams have for sure.  There's no reason for teams to not look into making a move.

BC is going to do something if they don't make Grey Cup this year.  Sask clearly doesn't have a franchise QB.  Edmonton doesn't.  Calgary doesn't.  Montreal doesn't.  Ottawa doesn't.  Hamilton has a raw rookie and two guys over 30 who have been injured repeatedly in the past 3-4 seasons.

You really think that after all that Tre Ford showed in his first real season of starting that they cut him and sign Dru Brown.   You crazy!  

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

You really think that after all that Tre Ford showed in his first real season of starting that they cut him and sign Dru Brown.   You crazy!  

I mean if you love having a guy that can't pass but can bust off one big scramble a game while you win 5-6 games a season.  Yeah Tre Ford is your guy.

Realistically they can have both and move on from Cornelius.  I don't believe Ford is a starter.  I think he's a Streveler type player.  Real nice complementary piece.  But you need someone who can pass, especially if Ford can't develop it.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Chris Jones is clearly not a Ford fan; but apart from some crazy escape plays, he hasn't proven himself to be the guy yet.

Outside of BC and TO, every team will be talking with Dru's agent to see what it would take. They wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't. 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Talking to Bailey now on CJOB.

Great interview. 

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I mean if you love having a guy that can't pass but can bust off one big scramble a game while you win 5-6 games a season.  Yeah Tre Ford is your guy.

Realistically Dru Brown has Ottawa and maybe Saskatchewan.  Dickenson won't go with a mostly unknown QB because that isn't his style.  I assume he goes for Rourke or Evans or whoever that has more experience.      I like our chances of keeping Brown long term since the QB  position is settled across the league.