Bombers at Lions- very early talk

Nolby

13 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

You see Salty Rivers, I was being facetious. Your post was as astute as mine, but you chose to post your thoughts in a way which vocabulary covers up for lack of substance. 

Why not engage in a constructive discussion and counter my argument instead of resorting to childish behavior? I believe my points are valid, and they are undeniably significant factors contributing to our losses and making life difficult for Zack this season.

I can certainly simplify my vocabulary to better suit your reading comprehension level if that would help facilitate the discussion?

Edited by Pepper_Brooks

Looks like we might see Grant back this week?

Houston didn't practice yesterday so he might not play. I wouldn't be comfortable not having an import DB as depth if he's moved to AR. Does that get Lawrence or ADS back on as the back up?

There's a transaction shown on CFL.CA with Givhan added to the AR???? What the heck? Is there an injury on the DL and why would he be added after being released from the PR.

Another week wondering what the final roster looks like. Might call it the " Jackson watch "!!!

11 minutes ago, Blue In BC said:

Houston didn't practice yesterday so he might not play. I wouldn't be comfortable not having an import DB as depth if he's moved to AR. Does that get Lawrence or ADS back on as the back up?

There's a transaction shown on CFL.CA with Givhan added to the AR???? What the heck? Is there an injury on the DL and why would he be added after being released from the PR.

Another week wondering what the final roster looks like. Might call it the " Jackson watch "!!!

I feel like you missed all of yesterday's discussions........ but the Givhan stuff is new. Interesting, that. 

19 minutes ago, Blue In BC said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lawrence in for Houston to be honest....Grant will be in, but for whom is the question. I would think we may want to have that extra DB rostered as well, so really to facilitate that the only 2 options are Jackson and likely Clements/Cole tho I think Cole gives us more on ST's as well as rotational use on defence. If Gauthier was back he could fill that extra LB role who could be spotted in for defensive reps and not really hurt us...Briggs is not that guy anymore.

Our  roster makeup/configuration is so limiting to us that when we get Grant back and and want to keep Cole on we can't even DA an extra dline guy and DB...It's one or the other....Having Ford back would be so beneficial to us ratio/roster wise as he could fill multiple roles, that and or a savy trade to actually land a legit National starter quality or high end rotational piece to the defence to assist the dline

Edited by Booch

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lawrence in for Houston to be honest....Grant will be in, but for whom is the question. I would think we may want to have that extra DB rostered as well, so really to facilitate that the only 2 options are Jackson and likely Clements/Cole tho I think Cole gives us more on ST's as well as rotational use on defence. If Gauthier was back he could fill that extra LB role who could be spotted in for defensive reps and not really hurt us...Briggs is not that guy anymore.

Our  roster makeup/configuration is so limiting to us that when we get Grant back and and want to keep Cole on we can't even DA an extra dline guy and DB...It's one or the other....Having Ford back would be so beneficial to us ratio/roster wise as he could fill multiple roles, that and or a savy trade to actually land a legit National starter quality or high end rotational piece to the defence to assist the dline

It better be Parker.

36 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Why not engage in a constructive discussion and counter my argument instead of resorting to childish behavior? I believe my points are valid, and they are undeniably significant factors contributing to our losses and making life difficult for Zack this season.

I can certainly simplify my vocabulary to better suit your reading comprehension level if that would help facilitate the discussion?

Calling someone out for childish behaviour- then berating said poster with childish slight.

dodgeball-cotten.gif

40 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I feel like you missed all of yesterday's discussions........ but the Givhan stuff is new. Interesting, that. 

I wasn't on the site much yesterday. Info from the team is always misleading. Houston is nicked but that doesn't mean he can't play, although it does seem on a short week he'll go to 1 game IR. O'Shea mentioned Lawrence is available but there are other choices. It doesn't mean one comes on to replace Houston, especially if Grant is activated.

At this point I do expect Grant back and Parker to start at CB with Houston off the roster. It's the other possible changes that could or should happen that are in question.

Having Ford or Gauthier available would have helped manage the ratio and positional needs.  But not this week and perhaps not this year?

Edited by Blue In BC

16 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Houston has been a liability this season, despite having a flashy stat line. If Houston is dealing with an injury, I'd like to see Parker get some reps in his place this week.

No picks since he whiffed on that long one a couple of weeks ago, I imagine someone set him straight and he's reluctant to gamble now.

36 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Aggressive, disciplined, know your reads/assignments, don't be a spectator, don't be individually selfish is where we need all our DB's.

needs to play that way as he is a horrible tackler...probably the worst of all the DB's we have ...

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Having Janarion back is massive. HUGE. Of all possible roster changes this week this is by far the biggest. What he adds to our roster cannot be overstated. He is good for a hundred yards of bonus field position imo.

100 over an average returner. Over what we e seen since he’s been out? Soo much more. Not only is he dangerous af he’s soo smart and runs tough. Love that guy 

Just now, wbbfan said:

100 over an average returner. Over what we e seen since he’s been out? Soo much more. Not only is he dangerous af he’s soo smart and runs tough. Love that guy 

yup....huge addition back to the lineup...and last I remember BC was actually scared to even kick it to him...so not even touching the ball we are going to be starting off in better field position than we would have been if one of the other guys had to field a kickoff