Argos at Bombers, The Big One

Nolby

1 minute ago, bb1 said:

There is risk anyway you do this. Rest a guy too much is he rusty come that one out playoff game? Or does he get injured because he wasn't playing or injured because he was. We will see how it works for Dinwiddie in November.

Coaches will always do what Dinwiddie is doing so that's why rules are being brought in for other leagues.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Coaches will always do what Dinwiddie is doing so that's why rules are being brought in for other leagues.

And how would you react as a fan if we were “forced” to play an Oliviera, Collaros, Schoen, Lawler, Jefferson, etc. in a nothing game and we lost them to a season-ending injury heading into the playoffs?

7 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

And how would you react as a fan if we were “forced” to play an Oliviera, Collaros, Schoen, Lawler, Jefferson, etc. in a nothing game and we lost them to a season-ending injury heading into the playoffs?

Some of us were unhappy with the decision to rest players at the end of the season last year if you will recall. Didn't like icing a team that was rolling. 

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Great answer.... 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47zvexd1hcyreci1zhzd

It isn't Load management? It's risk aversion? Just what do you think Load Managemet is anyway? The resting of healthy players so they don't get hurt. It's the same thing. 

Other leagues Load manage even when games matter. Players may miss one or two of those if they think they can make up for it down the stretch. Especially for aging players that could use some extra rest to heal. Kelly isn't old. Kelly isn't hurt. This game does not matter. It would be stupid to play your star player against a great Dline for no reason whatsoever. 

This is the 1st time a CFL team has clinched this early in how long....? couple decades. So you think the league should change rules based on something that happens once every couple of decades? Good luck.

14 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Some of us were unhappy with the decision to rest players at the end of the season last year if you will recall. Didn't like icing a team that was rolling. 

Did that bother you more than seeing Milt Stegall get hurt in 2002 in a meaningless game before the playoffs? Or imagine if Kevin Glenn’s broken arm happened in garbage time or in an unimportant tune-up? Which is worse?

This is not a lineup that makes a mockery of competition. Yes, they are not starting their starting QB, but other than that this is just about as full a lineup as they could muster. Two guys sitting out (McManis and Peters) got injured last week. Oakman might be considered a healthy scratch although he has been dinged a couple of times in recent games. Putting in Brinkman to replace him is not much of a step back, if at all. Oakman, Hendrix and Brinkman are all top-notch DTs; both Brinkman and Oakman were healthy scratches earlier this season when they were unable to dress three INT DTs because of roster issues elsewhere. Argos sat one regular (Ouellette) as a healthy scratch last week, and are arguably sitting one and resting one (who Dinwiddie said might see some action). 

I wish we had a who cares emoticon.

I'm with the WBB players/coaches on this one when they say they couldn't care less on who they field or not field and the coaches justifications for doing so. 

Our goal is to execute and win not to decipher and care about what the argblows are doing.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

19 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I wish we had a who cares emoticon.

I'm with the WBB players/coaches on this one when they say they couldn’t care less on who they field or not field and the coaches justifications for doing so. 

Our goal is to execute and win not to decipher and care about what the argblows are doing.

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

*Couldn't care less....

.... but yes..... one week at a time, as has always been the mantra. Just win this week, worry about BC after that. 

Whoopsies. Corrected sir.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Did that bother you more than seeing Milt Stegall get hurt in 2002 in a meaningless game before the playoffs? Or imagine if Kevin Glenn’s broken arm happened in garbage time or in an unimportant tune-up? Which is worse?

So nice that you bring up Kevin Glenn, throw in Collaros last year too. Injuries can  happen at any time. Did resting collaros last season help keep him healthy for the Grey Cup? You step on the field you run the risk of an injury. Just the way it is. You play the game to win.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

During my time playing high school football, we prided ourselves on toughness and didn't require "wussie" water breaks. Nowadays, it seems like today's players are all well-hydrated and focused on their health. Should be rules against it.

/s

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Who says they are doing it for 6 games?  And if they do, they earned that right. We benched Collaros effectively for two games in 2021, again strangely silent here. And if a Calgary or Montreal opponent complained that we made their games easier, would we say “rightfully so” or say “why should we put our players at risk in a nothing game so that Ottawa or Hamilton or Saskatchewan don’t feel ripped off? Pretty sure I know what the answer would be with the shoe on the other foot. 

I personally thought it was BS when we did it and think it’s BS that the Argos are doing it now.

I never liked the resting and coasting as a player...and it often led to injuries when you get back...and or lack luster play....in football u never let up or pause....just don't do it

We should never have let up in Banjo Bowl ..and we let up in Ottawa...look what happened there..

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

this feels very much like playing to the local media..... 

The crowd alone would make me want to have Kelly in. He needs seasoning 

44 minutes ago, Booch said:

I never liked the resting and coasting as a player...and it often led to injuries when you get back...and or lack luster play....in football u never let up or pause....just don't do it

We should never have let up in Banjo Bowl ..and we let up in Ottawa...look what happened there..

This far our is beyond ridiculous

2 hours ago, Booch said:

100% agree.

It’s the same argument with non-contact practices. If you never prepare your body for taking hits, how is it going to react to them in game scenarios?

Chris Schultz (RIP) used to bring up rest vs. rust all the time when this scenario presented itself. I’ve always been an advocate of letting your players play.

Also, because I got tired of Pepper Brooks not looking or talking like Pepper Brooks, I went to chat GPT for some assistance.

Bluto to GPTPlease answer all of my questions in the style of the character Pepper Brooks from the movie Dodgeball.

You got it, buddy! Pepper Brooks here, ready to bring the dodgeball-style flair to your questions. Fire away, and I'll knock 'em out of the park!

Bluto to GPTHow should the Winnipeg Blue Bombers set themselves up to play the Toronto Argonauts?

Well, when it comes to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers taking on the Toronto Argonauts, you gotta remember one thing, my friend: dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge! But in this case, it's more about football strategy than dodgeball.

First things first, the Blue Bombers should focus on their defense. They gotta bring the heat and pressure on the Argonauts' quarterback. Blitz 'em like a dodgeball barrage, make 'em uncomfortable, and force those turnovers!

On the offensive side, they should mix it up, throw some trick plays in there, keep the Argonauts guessing, and move that pigskin down the field with precision. Catch 'em off guard just like you catch a dodgeball to the face when you're not paying attention.

Lastly, teamwork is key. Just like in dodgeball, you need a solid squad working together. So, the Blue Bombers better be communicating, supporting each other, and giving it their all. And who knows, maybe they can pull off a victory that'll go down in history, just like Average Joe's did in the dodgeball world!

Bluto to GPTThanks Pepper, I appreciate your perspective on this important match for Winnipeg.

You're welcome, my dodgeball-loving amigo! Remember, it's all about passion, heart, and a little bit of crazy to make history happen. Go Blue Bombers, dodge those Argonauts, and let's see a victory that'll make Winnipeg proud! If you got any more questions or need some dodgeball-style wisdom, you know where to find me!

16 hours ago, Booch said:

NO.. we are in troubled as these thing's that need to be fixed were likely the same bs issues that have caused us to lose all yr long...and have been left to fester...what makes you think Osh will address them??..he will have his smug usual answer/excuses and we will likely be in 2nd place as the Lions will likely pummel the sad sacks right after us

So losing...again to a 3rd stringer QB...Not being prepared...again....losing at home in front of a packed house, and then basically have to win out and hope the lions dont makes this yes a god forbid loss...I have zero faith that come playoffs and we have to win 3 in a row that we can...the "anomaly" games have happened way too often this yr...its a trend now...not an anomoly...

I think Osh would fix them because that is his job, and he has clearly demonstrated an ability to do so. You guys sure have your **** tied in a knot about the capability of the league's best coach.