Banjo Bowl early thread

blue85gold

27 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Also, big angry German certainly won't hurt the special teams coverage. 

In short 2 simple additions to make the team better.

yeh he is a demon on teams....and rarely screws up his assignment

Those 2 alone i the dl rotation would be massive, if for anything limiting the reps for Bennett, and Thomas....I wanna see some Cheetah again now that we have Wilson back in lineup and Biggie can play a more traditional mlb role.

Have also noticed now too, with Rose and Wilson back that BA is allowed to play safety back to a more 2019-2021 role...which helps things

16 hours ago, Booch said:

Rough play disqualification is 25 yards..u will see it on a spear ejection or a really blatant punch ...

And really...how could he not...and also the smart move to not try to appeal

Smart move to not appeal...or basic human self preservation instinct kicking into his 2 cent brain? He saw the look in Yoshi's eyes. I believe the latter because after he showed his intelligence level Sunday I am not willing to give him credit for a good decision of any kind.

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Very disappointed in the news on Grant. We really need him but this was obviously a long term injury. I am super annoyed that we waited until this week to get a returner. The Bombers must have known the severity of his injury weeks ago. 

1) He was out running around at practice last week, so they didn't know. They tried it out and it clearly didn't respond well.

2) They were hopeful that they had a replacement in house, but it hasn't been working, so they were proactive and went out and got someone. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

1) He was out running around at practice last week, so they didn't know. They tried it out and it clearly didn't respond well.

2) They were hopeful that they had a replacement in house, but it hasn't been working, so they were proactive and went out and got someone. 

1.) Last week is now 7 weeks after the injury.

2.) We have not had good returning in 7 weeks.

If this happened a week or two ago I wouldn't balk at this, but nearly two months has elapsed. The return game is too important in the CFL to bang our heads against a brick wall that long.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

And likely he gets pulled off early anyway...this just a "just in case" cost saving move

None the less...we should have brought someone in immediately anyway..same with when Haba went down

That would be the point I was trying to get across. Grant might be ready next week, or in October....however, the second he went down and we knew it was more than a minor injury that would keep him out a week, an airlift of returners should have begun.

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

1.) Last week is now 7 weeks after the injury.

2.) We have not had good returning in 7 weeks.

If this happened a week or two ago I wouldn't balk at this, but nearly two months has elapsed. The return game is too important in the CFL to bang our heads against a brick wall that long.

That would be the point I was trying to get across. Grant might be ready next week, or in October....however, the second he went down and we knew it was more than a minor injury that would keep him out a week, an airlift of returners should have begun.

Yup..epic fail in my opinion...and another example just standing pat with this notion that everyone is a number 1...which they are not

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yup..epic fail in my opinion...and another example just standing pat with this notion that everyone is a number 1...which they are not

I don't even mind that they gave McCrae and Parker a chance. They just didn't hedge their bets at all by bringing in someone on the PR and therefore the McCrae/Parker experiment was far too long. Also, both Parker and McCrae sucked at PR in camp. Not sure why they thought they would suddenly be able to pull it off now.

Edited by GCn20

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I don't even mind that they gave McCrae and Parker a chance. They just didn't hedge their bets at all by bringing in someone on the PR and therefore the McCrae/Parker experiment was far too long. Also, both Parker and McCrae sucked at PR in camp. Not sure why they thought they would suddenly be able to pull it off now.

Yeah...I can see the mindset of giving them a chance...but also the poor foresight knowing they weren't ideal.

They should have brought that Cole back if anything... familiar with things...looked good...prob a better PR prospect that most we carrying as well

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah...I can see the mindset of giving them a chance...but also the poor foresight knowing they weren't ideal.

They should have brought that Cole back if anything... familiar with things...looked good...prob a better PR prospect that most we carrying as well

Anyone with some significant return experience. Hamilton, Montreal, and BC all released returners out of camp that had looked pretty decent in TC. Their names are escaping me right now but I remember watching the pre-season games and thinking these kids might stick.

I will readily admit that I value the return game very highly, probably more than most average football fans, so maybe I am overstating the significance of it but I really feel that this was the Bombers biggest roster management failure this year.

Edited by GCn20

3 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Bombers can't lose now Streveler just announced on Instagram that he is coming in to watch the game.

....and sign a new contract...jk....but that would be sweet. Seriously tho, doesn't surprise me...Banjo Bowl and a guy with Blue Bomber blood running through his veins seem like a no brainer to me.

Edited by GCn20

8 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Anyone with some significant return experience. Hamilton, Montreal, and BC all released returners out of camp that had looked pretty decent in TC. Their names are escaping me right now but I remember watching the pre-season games and thinking these kids might stick.

I will readily admit that I value the return game very highly, probably more than most average football fans, so maybe I am overstating the significance of it but I really feel that this was the Bombers biggest roster management failure this year.

Agreed...that's how we brought Grant here midseason...Hamilton had him...let him go...we brought him in...rest is history 

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

....and sign a new contract...jk....but that would be sweet. Seriously tho, doesn't surprise me...Banjo Bowl and a guy with Blue Bomber blood running through his veins seem like a no brainer to me.

Hmmm....maybe he will get the bug...sign on for a nice friendly deal....

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

Agreed...that's how we brought Grant here midseason...Hamilton had him...let him go...we brought him in...rest is history 

Hmmm....maybe he will get the bug...sign on for a nice friendly deal....

Perhaps negotiations for next year are beginning this weekend.