Week 13 - Labour Day Classic, Bombers @ Riders

MOBomberFan

22 minutes ago, HC85 said:

At what point does an action like the headbutt so far after the play become a criminal assault? Honest question, I'm not sure how these things work.

It was not part of a football play, was very violent and totally unexpected, and could have seriously injured him.

Lots of interesting situations in pro and rec hockey with this and late hits or vicious stick attacks.  Many legal cases over the years.  Significant one with a high school rugby match too and a future NHLer who killed an opponent with excessive contact outside the bounds of what is part of game.

29 minutes ago, HC85 said:

At what point does an action like the headbutt so far after the play become a criminal assault? Honest question, I'm not sure how these things work.

It was not part of a football play, was very violent and totally unexpected, and could have seriously injured him.

I said when it happened I'd press charges! Where does overenthusiasm cross the line into straight up assault? I don't think we are being dramatic here. That was violent and totally outside of the game. My blood boils in the checkout at Costco and I barely ever headbutt other people

10 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Lots of interesting situations in pro and rec hockey with this and late hits or vicious stick attacks.  Many legal cases over the years.  Significant one with a high school rugby match too and a future NHLer who killed an opponent with excessive contact outside the bounds of what is part of game.

I wonder what kind of liability waivers CFL players sign. 

1 minute ago, MOBomberFan said:

I said when it happened I'd press charges! Where does overenthusiasm cross the line into straight up assault? I don't think we are being dramatic here. That was violent and totally outside of the game. My blood boils in the checkout at Costco and I barely ever headbutt other people

Right! Head injuries can be life changing. 

52 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I believe it was around 2009-2010 when the Montreal police force was pursuing criminal charges against Zdeno Chara for a hit on Max Pacioretty, it didn’t go anywhere, but I suppose it’s a possibility. 

Or if you look at Steve Moore/Todd Bertuzzi, Moore’s family did sue Bertuzzi and I believe won(?) not 100% sure.

13 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I believe it was around 2009-2010 when the Montreal police force was pursuing criminal charges against Zdeno Chara for a hit on Max Pacioretty, it didn’t go anywhere, but I suppose it’s a possibility. 

Or if you look at Steve Moore/Todd Bertuzzi, Moore’s family did sue Bertuzzi and I believe won(?) not 100% sure.

"On August 19, 2014, it was announced that an out-of-court settlement had been reached in Steve Moore's lawsuit. Terms of the settlement are confidential."

from the wiki

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Bertuzzi–Steve_Moore_incident

It was much more complicated than that.... check the wiki for full details.

12 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

It would have automatically been reviewed by the Command Centre as it was a scoring play. It doesn't need to be challenged. It sure looks like it wasn't a touchdown. Looks like the ball touched the ground before the Rider receiver cradled it. 

Right or wrong ( looks wrong to me) the CC calls it. Once they make a decision, it's not reversible. No doubt we got screwed. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It would have automatically been reviewed by the Command Centre as it was a scoring play. It doesn't need to be challenged. It sure looks like it wasn't a touchdown. Looks like the ball touched the ground before the Rider receiver cradled it. 

Right or wrong ( looks wrong to me) the CC calls it. Once they make a decision, it's not reversible. No doubt we got screwed. 

The Command Centre may not have reversed the call but from this year's CFL rule book:

"A coach may challenge a play that has already been reviewed by the Command Centre."

I may have missed it but I don't think that O'Shea used his challenge during the game. There was one play (a guy draped over Lawler) when the Suitor mentioned that O'Shea had his hand on his flag but decided against throwing it. So, I believe that O'Shea could have challenged that 2-point OT play.

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The play definitely could have and should have been challenged. 

3 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Not only that one, but the so called non catch by Dalton Schoen near the end of the first half that would have at least given the Bombers a chance at a FG. Where was the challenge?

The one near the sideline where the ball hit the turf? I don’t think that had a chance of being overturned tbh.

8 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Are u freaking kidding?? Just as he defended Marino...dude has no control over his team and truly think he is scared to discipline...not that bad...a head butt to face..well after whistle to what should have cost them the game if our defence wasn't so bagged...wow

8 hours ago, DTonOB said:

On the No Yards decline, the decision was to take the ball at the 25 and no point or give the point and take it at the 40. 15 yards difference.

Osh said in preaaer 30....or 40..I thought 30 as well....what's correct..he on rule committee so should know...regardless....dumb decision..he preaches his guys are all number ones...so he should have believed we would churn out some first downs...or keep em out of endzone up 4...epic fail on the call there 

7 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

McSorley as well

Dicklesson cements just show what an idiot he is... unbelievable...and that attack basically on officiating should have recourse...there's a difference about being disciplined after the whistle..and haven't any control of your team like him

.what a ******...funny but expected

The reviews are automatically triggered by CC in OT.  There wasn’t a full minute between the end of that play and the Bombers first snap.

I don’t believe they reviewed it.  Most of their reviews take 3-4 minutes.  The PI challenge took that long in the 4th quarter.  Would be nice for the media to question that.

O’Shea needs to get that challenge flag out on huge plays.  PI on Lawler is a 50 yard swing early in the game.  Use the challenge on plays like that.  Had a similar one vs BC.  Then used the challenge on a RTP call against us that was clearly a penalty.  Challenge when the result is a massive swing like a bunch of yards or change of possession if play goes right way (say it’s 3rd down or penalty negates turnover).

The interesting part is a spear...withim the whistles can be and most times is an automatic 25 yard disqualification penalty...how is this any different...well for one is worse..a blatant attempt to hurt someone .. AFTER the play is whistle dead...and by a guy who was not engaged with anyone after the whistle...as per Dicklesson excuse in the media...how that wasn't a disqualification right there...is baffling and if not suspended next week it's a joke...the even bigger joke is Dicklesson left him on field for.next play even tho he could have coat them the game...he's a joke as HC and I pray they extend him to.be honest haha..they just a rudderless ship of misfits and assbags from top on down

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The reviews are automatically triggered by CC in OT.  There wasn’t a full minute between the end of that play and the Bombers first snap.

I don’t believe they reviewed it.  Most of their reviews take 3-4 minutes.  The PI challenge took that long in the 4th quarter.  Would be nice for the media to question that.

O’Shea needs to get that challenge flag out on huge plays.  PI on Lawler is a 50 yard swing early in the game.  Use the challenge on plays like that.  Had a similar one vs BC.  Then used the challenge on a RTP call against us that was clearly a penalty.  Challenge when the result is a massive swing like a bunch of yards or change of possession if play goes right way (say it’s 3rd down or penalty negates turnover).

And usually they announce it under review...which was never done....joke all around really....refs aren't the sole reason we lost and that would make us sound like rider fans...but it was questionable ..we just didn't get it done on a few levels consistently and a lot is on coaching...and.mot to beat a dead horse but our roster management burned us again tho many of u will argue it.

Or just don't see it...but I expect a serious trip behind the woodshed next week to put those losers back in check