Week 13 - Labour Day Classic, Bombers @ Riders

MOBomberFan

3 minutes ago, Bomberman said:

Does Kramdi even know how to tackle?  

Ever since he's been inserted into the lineup i havent slept. I dont get it. He's a typical Canadian special teamer and nothing more. Not starting material at all. He is Sam Hurl 2.0. O'Shea just cant help himself.

1 minute ago, Bomberman said:

Does Kramdi even know how to tackle?  

Practices hard...guys like seeing that...nuff said...as per osh

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

No they played a ton of zone.  We just kept running out 3 by 2.  No real use of motion or formation tonight to create matchups.

Our scheme has sucked for 3 games

2 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Pete Robertson head-butted the league MOP and then kneed him in the head a second time when the QB was down. If that doesn't draw a fine and suspension thisleague is a joke. 

If league wants to show they are "protecting" QBs they have no choice other than levy a suspension ...and 2 game min

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

O Lineman are going to get beat. Why do fans think that if players don't play perfect then they must be shitty? Johnson can still play. Judge the guy on the whole game. Not one play. Our line wasn't the problem today. How about our secondary being stupid & trying to play heroes constantly & giving up huge chunks of real estate?? Why has Lawler suddenly gone quiet? Why does it take us nearly a half to get going?? Whose decision was it to concede a single point when we were up by 4????

We don't know how the game would have played out if the Bombers didn't give up the single.

Its possible the Riders would have got a touchdown at the end of the game and there would have been no overtime.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

O’Shea continues his spiral 

This is possibly a bit dramatic. 🙂

That said, I mean I remain genuinely perplexed as to why we don’t not use all the tools in the arsenal. It’s almost like he feels using your challenge on a close play is sucky or something? ?  Or, what?

Can someone explain to me why we don’t use it earlier in the game on the Schoen catch? I mean we might’ve lost but it certainly look like he caught the ball.
And speaking of Mr. Schoen, he dropped yet another ball right in his hands late in the first half that took 3 pts off the board for us. Love the guy but he has had a few critical drops this year… Like, I mean a pro receiver just can’t drop in that situation.

3 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

We don't know how the game would have played out if the Bombers didn't give up the single.

Its possible the Riders would have got a touchdown at the end of the game and there would have been no overtime.

They drove the whole field including their return so ya they very well could have. 

I still don’t mind the single being given up. If the O got a couple first downs they are kicking a FG to up the lead 

Edited by blue85gold

We are first and goal..inside 5...choose not to run ball 3 times...kick FG

We decline no yards for 10 extra yards in field position...give up a single

6 dlineman who were whipped by mid 4th....no team dresses 6

Keeping challenge flag in pocket

Not utilizing Nationalized American

Being unprepared and not ready to start game...again

That's why we lost....now answer me this...who's feet does that fall on.???...go

3 minutes ago, Bombertown said:

Agree. But crap vs less crap is still crap

Why we havnt brought in a legit returner...as they are out there...is inexcusable as well

3 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

From the 23023 CFL Rule Book

• In overtime, a team does not need a time-out to challenge a play

Yes but also from the rulebook:

*Each team has one challenge per game

They had zero challenges available when regulation ended as they had no timeouts.

There's nothing in the rules that says the zero becomes one in OT.

I think focussing on how we got the jobbed by the refs is weak. I hate it when the rider fans do that every time their team loses. And make up huge conspiracy theories about the bombers being favoured... Like WTF? tinfoil hat city! Let’s not stoop to that level, shall we?

no, the rules are there… If we believe the ref has made an incorrect call, we have a tool to address that. We just don’t use it. So the focus has to be on the coaching not the refs.

28 minutes ago, Goalie said:

It's almost like ppl will blame everyone but the guy who touches the ball on every Offensive play 

Concern has been creeping in with Zach recently.  The interceptions (,another one today). Dudes head ain't in it. Happy feet also 

The happy feet ive noticed most of the season. He's been getting knocked around more than usual and it seems like he's almost lost faith in the o-line to protect enough to step into throws. Its very concerning. O-line has not been their usual wall this season. Far from it. I'd bet my bottom dollar that theyre right near the top of QB's pressures given up.

This team has lots its edge. No way does a real contender lose in OT to Crum and Dolegala.

I still hate giving up that point. Before it even happened I said to my wife "just watch...monster punt, give up the single, field goal, lose in OT". The D just has a knack for crapping the bed at the worst times....3 times now in the last 15 games if you include the Grey Cup they had the win with a stop. And that is with the offense playing like hot trash in those games. Plus the special teams are an embarrassment.

I realize I am ranting and that this is partially therapy for me, but we are seeing some awful signs lately and NO signs of trying to fix them.

Just now, WinnipegGordo said:

You don't give up a point in that situation. Not with a 4 point lead under 3 minutes left. It meant a FG ties instead of a TD to win & look what happened. To me, by giving up the point we opened the door for the Riders. Our secondary was terrible all game long. Not surprised we lost the way they played. These guys just want the accolades. Instead of making sure the pass is incomplete they want a Pick 6. Look what happened. 

On offense, no return game meant a long field all game long. The Riders were always starting at or close to mid field. Not one kick or punt return for over 10 yards. Put McCrae back there returning punts & kicks. He's better than Parker who is useless. 

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Has one end of the ball but not the other and settles it against turf.  Can't imagine that being called a catch more than 1/10 times on review.  Bail themselves out maybe with "inconclusive"

Thanks JBR. And yeah the next frame I added is even worse

3 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I can echo the Kramdi sentiment… he’s slow to react, can’t tackle well, and is useless on a blitz. Surely Parker or Darby could do better than him 

Darby has run over O'Shea's dog or something. He missed some plays out there early on in the season(so has the almighty Kramdhi in spades) but has been in the doghouse nearly all season. Not idea whats going on there.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

This team has lots its edge. No way does a real contender lose in OT to Crum and Dolegala.

I still hate giving up that point. Before it even happened I said to my wife "just watch...monster punt, give up the single, field goal, lose in OT". The D just has a knack for crapping the bed at the worst times....3 times now in the last 15 games if you include the Grey Cup they had the win with a stop. And that is with the offense playing like hot trash in those games. Plus the special teams are an embarrassment.

I realize I am ranting and that this is partially therapy for me, but we are seeing some awful signs lately and NO signs of trying to fix them.

What's the similar thing in those..lack of defense depth on Dline...