Lions v Bombers Part 2

Jpan85

6 hours ago, Booch said:

That's why its not a going concern for me...HE's had sack seasons of 2 (6 games) 0 (13 games with 8 starts)...7 (18 games started)...and now 10 (7 games)...hardly the all Dan Clarke of Dlineman 

He and they as a team had a quick start and a few games where they accumulated the majority of their sacks, and were also playing the jump the snap routine until they started to get flagged heavily for it...and assume was some teams likely sent tape to the league, and when they stopped that....the numbers tapered down

Interestingly enough they are tied with us for the league league, whereas ours are racked up consistently game in and game out, yet it seems nobody wants to acknowledge it, let alone admit we pressure and get the sacks probably better than any team in the league...lead the league in passes knocked down by 16 over the second best team ....and lead league in opponent completion % against....which are key indicators that the dudes up front are getting things done....

and I like that nobody is realizing it let alone recognizing it....and that was with a beat up defense...missing key parts throughout the first 7 games

He can disappear at times, and a very streaky player.  He has been that way even when he was in Usports with Laval. My Western Mustangs nullified him in the 2017 Vanier Cup and  Betts was a non factor in that game. Keep pounding him, he is a player that gets very agitated easily.

31 minutes ago, Bombertown said:

I think McRae was returning kicks for practice. Could be wrong but I think I saw that on twitter. 

One returns kicks and one returns punts I think. At any rate, Tait said earlier this week that Parker would likely stay on as a returner and Holm stay on D.

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

Holm and Parker are both playing. Holm at DB and Parker returning kicks...

That was last game...

4 hours ago, Purple_Reign said:

He can disappear at times, and a very streaky player.  He has been that way even when he was in Usports with Laval. My Western Mustangs nullified him in the 2017 Vanier Cup and  Betts was a non factor in that game. Keep pounding him, he is a player that gets very agitated easily.

Hence my earlier comments that I was told he can be a bit of a knob/doucher on the field

4 hours ago, Bombertown said:

I think McRae was returning kicks for practice. Could be wrong but I think I saw that on twitter. 

Parker also repped heavy at HB this week...and he was the projected starter before he got hurt

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

One returns kicks and one returns punts I think. At any rate, Tait said earlier this week that Parker would likely stay on as a returner and Holm stay on D.

Tait doesn't set let alone create the roster

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Why not just go Parker or a different DB at SAM. Holm might make a good SAM but he's been arguably our best db so Parker there makes some sense. 

Holm is a bit small for SAM IMO. He might make a better corner than HB to be honest. Parker at SAM makes more sense in my mind. I bet Nichols would make a damned good SAM too but he's also one of the best halfbacks in the league so what do you do

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Holm is a bit small for SAM IMO. He might make a better corner than HB to be honest. Parker at SAM makes more sense in my mind. I bet Nichols would make a damned good SAM too but he's also one of the best halfbacks in the league so what do you do

Continue to play Krahmdi there, of course.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

F2iCXuDWgAAYqEr?format=jpg&name=900x900

Remember the OL that was wrecked by the Lions last time? We're running it back! 

Our DL, who should feast on Evans, will be gassed by halftime. 

and...with Burtenshaw back...we still burn a DA on Jackson....and dont add a DL guy...or keep Parker on...like wtf Oshea??...again....just questionable stupid roster management...

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Oh good, Kramdi starting at strong side again. Yipee!

I'm starting to feel like Kramdi is this years version of Sam Hurl.  OSH loves giving chances to the Canadian kids, despite how brutal they can be.   

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

Remember the OL that was wrecked by the Lions last time? We're running it back! 

Our DL, who should feast on Evans, will be gassed by halftime. 

FFS.   Let's not address problems we've seen for the past 5 games. 

5 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Oh good, Kramdi starting at strong side again. Yipee!

yup...no need to start him there ratio wise, and BC receivers will chew him u and spit him out....Get your starting National fullback back...and still burn a DA spot on an American one so you have to remove your only true punt returner in Parker and a guy who can play SAM...CB...and HB.....or go into game lean on the Dline where u could have dressed Fox, or the new DE...again another example of a pathetic use of the roster....but didnt expect anything different to be honest

Edited by Booch

I get MOS's trust in the Oline and not making changes (I would but I get his rationale). I don't see why we keep using Jackson as a DA when it could be used on the Dline or Secondary. I don't understand only dressing 6 Dlinemen when most teams go 7-9 and your team has had great success doing that. I don't get the love for Kramdi. If Darby has lost his job, then why not use Parker instead?

Just now, Jpan85 said:

Would Darby not be able to come in for a Canadian at any point?

yeah if they declare only 1 starter on defence than Kramdi or Thomas/Lawson can be subbed for freely....be a nice option to toss in Fox to the dline mix all game....but oh wait...we chose to dress an American fullback with one of our DA spots.....for minimal pointless use now that we have Burtenshaw back.....

I just dont understand dressing Jackson when Burtenshaw is back and youve got a healthy Parker who could come in for some secondary reps and/or replace someone if they get nicked-up . Not to mention Parker looks way more comfortable than McCrae fielding kicks. It make zero f**king sense.