Elks at SSK

The esks kicker missed a chip shot fg in first quarter too...and that hold on the elk td was bs too

1 minute ago, greenrider55 said:

Hahaha… I have no words. That was the worst win I’ve ever seen in my life.

I wouldn't even call that a win

Edited by Booch

And what a selfish dumb play by Marshal to run around trying to take it back...woulda laughed if he got stripped and they end up kicking fg

Just now, wbbfan said:

Random but bombers should grab darel Middleton off the elks pr. 6’7 305 dt with elite nfl athleticism. I didn’t realize he ended up up here.  

Yeah I seen he been on there a few weeks now

Just now, Booch said:

And what a selfish dumb play by Marshal to run around trying to take it back...woulda laughed if he got stripped and they end up kicking fg

He needed to go down immediately. He didn’t need to run the clock. Show boating and selfish. It almost looked like he wanted to lateral it at one point.

I remember a time in the late 70's when then GM Norm Kimball said the Eskimos won't miss the playoffs for the next 25 years. Well, now the Elks may not make the playoffs for the next 25. 

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

He needed to go down immediately. He didn’t need to run the clock. Show boating and selfish. It almost looked like he wanted to lateral it at one point.

He's a DB. There's a reason he is. I knew what he was trying to do but it was totally unnecessary as the Riders would have had a first down. 

18 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Was the returner playing too far up on that kick off or did Lauther hammer the **** out of that kick?

Either way, what a way to lose a game.

As bad of a kicker as Lauther is, he knew exactly what he was doing and hammered it deep for the rouge on the kickoff. Smart play that was aided by Elks incompetence.

19 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

As bad of a kicker as Lauther is, he knew exactly what he was doing and hammered it deep for the rouge on the kickoff. Smart play that was aided by Elks incompetence.

Pretty sure it  bounced between the 15 and 20... I say a combination of the returner playing too far up and Lauther putting everything behind it.

After penalty on TD play for Elks their options are take the 15 on the kickoff, take 15 on a single PAT kick from 10, or take the ball on the 1 yard line for a 2 point PAT.

They took it on the kickoff.

2 point PAT there makes it a 12-3 game.

Rider TD at most would have made it 12-11 for the Elks.

Major strategic failure.

9 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

your returner should have been coached to be behind the 10....ball bounced barely inside the 10...hardly was a booming kick...was a colossal coaching fail and huge brain fart by the returner...unexcusable

8 hours ago, Sard said:

Pretty sure it  bounced between the 15 and 20... I say a combination of the returner playing too far up and Lauther putting everything behind it.

yup....100 percent...was not a glorious kick by any means

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

After penalty on TD play for Elks their options are take the 15 on the kickoff, take 15 on a single PAT kick from 10, or take the ball on the 1 yard line for a 2 point PAT.

They took it on the kickoff.

2 point PAT there makes it a 12-3 game.

Rider TD at most would have made it 12-11 for the Elks.

Major strategic failure.

missing their firt filed goal attempt from inside the 30 didnt help either