Elks at SSK

11 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The Riders are 3-1.

First win on a goal line stand against Edm.

2nd win in OT because Maier didn't throw the ball away.

3rd win on a single late drive + 2 point convert + returner error for 1 against Edm.

Worst 3-1 team ever. 

cant argue....typical smoke and mirrors Riders record to date again....I bet they lose to CGY next week...Maier McCheese and all

1 hour ago, Booch said:

your returner should have been coached to be behind the 10....ball bounced barely inside the 10...hardly was a booming kick...was a colossal coaching fail and huge brain fart by the returner...unexcusable

yup....100 percent...was not a glorious kick by any means

missing their firt filed goal attempt from inside the 30 didnt help either

That kicker should be kicked right out the door, he squandered momentum twice early in the game by missing very makeable FG's.  Hard to believe Jones couldn't see the wisdom of holding onto Castillo, but I suppose you have to make sacrifices when you decide to pay $500k for 2 receivers.

I tuned in this poor excuse for a game.....especially the first half.....Both teams look like bottom feeders and the loser looked exactly like the winner....I have to admit that Harris injected 'a little' at the end of the game, to put an end to the battle of the basement .....otherwise the game was an example of how not to play football 

24 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

That kicker should be kicked right out the door, he squandered momentum twice early in the game by missing very makeable FG's.  Hard to believe Jones couldn't see the wisdom of holding onto Castillo, but I suppose you have to make sacrifices when you decide to pay $500k for 2 receivers.

And yet we managed to fit him in with our top 2 receivers pulling in $425K and a QB adding another $600K to that total, which exceeds Edmonton’s $908K when you add in Cornelius (now THAT is the real overpay at $392,000!). Roster management! 😁

33 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

The only thing I enjoy watching as much as the Bombers playing good football is the Riders playing bad football. I thoroughly enjoyed last night's game...even though Edmonton gave them a hold by beer we are more useless win.

same.....a loss would have made the weekend, but to see that ineptitude and the fact that they are a bad team...was still enjoyable

Went and read their forum for friday laughs.....seen stuff like great teams win ugly....Business like team.....among others.....so much fun reading those brain dead gummers

2 minutes ago, johnzo said:

I just watched the highlights because I'm not as strong as the rest of you.

The sequence where Harris threw to the same corner 4x in a row, with the last one being intercepted in the endzone, was pretty weird.  Don't think I've ever seen a QB lock in on a piece of turf like that before.

Harris was working it because they had keyed in on their secondary playing that area very softly.....until they didn't because Harris went to the well too many times in a row.

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Harris was working it because they had keyed in on their secondary playing that area very softly.....until they didn't because Harris went to the well too many times in a row.

oh yeah, I get what they were doing and why, it's just funny how bad both teams look on that sequence -- Edmonton repeatedly gets burned on the boundary corner ... and then Harris figures out one throw too late that he's been made.

35 minutes ago, johnzo said:

oh yeah, I get what they were doing and why, it's just funny how bad both teams look on that sequence -- Edmonton repeatedly gets burned on the boundary corner ... and then Harris figures out one throw too late that he's been made.

It was the only 3 play sequence he threw well all game. Guess he was practicing those all week.

2 hours ago, johnzo said:

I just watched the highlights because I'm not as strong as the rest of you.

The sequence where Harris threw to the same corner 4x in a row, with the last one being intercepted in the endzone, was pretty weird.  Don't think I've ever seen a QB lock in on a piece of turf like that before.

What highlights? I didn't see no stinking highlights. 🤣

15 hours ago, Stickem said:

I tuned in this poor excuse for a game.....especially the first half.....Both teams look like bottom feeders and the loser looked exactly like the winner....I have to admit that Harris injected 'a little' at the end of the game, to put an end to the battle of the basement .....otherwise the game was an example of how not to play football 

I fell asleep in the second half but woke up with the Riders driving for the tying TD. Then the two point convert & the botched kickoff. That was the entire game.  Four minutes at the end of the game. 

On 2023-07-07 at 8:38 AM, Booch said:

cant argue....typical smoke and mirrors Riders record to date again....I bet they lose to CGY next week...Maier McCheese and all

Incredulously, Maier said after the game that he never regretted that throw for the winning pick because he was playing for the win. Dickenson afterwards said he agreed as he says he coaches to win & not to tie. Yeah, all well & good until the Stamps miss the playoffs by one point. The stubborn mindset. Sounded like something Mike O'Shea would have said in 2015. 

18 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Incredulously, Maier said after the game that he never regretted that throw for the winning pick because he was playing for the win. Dickenson afterwards said he agreed as he says he coaches to win & not to tie. Yeah, all well & good until the Stamps miss the playoffs by one point. The stubborn mindset. Sounded like something Mike O'Shea would have said in 2015. 

Can’t argue with the mindset or intent… no doubt the throw was horribly executed, but would rather the coach publicly support the competitive spirit of his qb.  They’re already on to Sask, no time for regrets.

52 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Can’t argue with the mindset or intent… no doubt the throw was horribly executed, but would rather the coach publicly support the competitive spirit of his qb.  They’re already on to Sask, no time for regrets.

What both said was ridiculous. That's like never going for field goals because scoring 3 points instead of 7 is just like a fail.