Bombers vs Als - Canada day weekend edition

The Zipp

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Darby has been fine so I disagree with your take. 

Really been the corners that are the #1 issue.

I am hoping that bringing in (or someone getting healthy) makes the difference.   Remember how much better this defense looked after Alexander returned from injury?  

28 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Darby has been fine so I disagree with your take. 

Really been the corners that are the #1 issue.

I think he got pulled because whenever BC ran that split zone look with Cottoy Darby completely blew his assignment looking in to the run when they ran playaction out of that and passed the ball.

Montreal runs that look a lot too with receivers or a fullback type.

11 hours ago, Bombertown said:

I have concerns with Houston’s consistency considering the preseason games, Lawrence just repeating the same mistakes over and over (he’s gotta be getting roasted in film), and Darby getting pulled this last game brings his position into question (based on his shitty performance I don’t think it’s injury). It will be interesting to see things play out. I do think rose will be back soon since they’ve said he’s running at practice.
I still think we have some of the best DBs in the cfl and it’s been exciting to watch. 

I don't think Darby was pulled due to performance....he has played fine all year.....and if your roster replacement for him if he sucked is Kramdi...well then whats the point of pulling him?....When you look how we are set pre-snap....4 DB's off the LOS and giving 8 to 12 yard cushion, and having the safety play some odd hybrid role...well you get what we have witnessed....easy pitch and catch with our guys having to come up to make the play, The dline has to be in QB face in a matter of a second, and that not happening...Maybe if we had a stud or 2 in the middle collapsing the pocket immediately to hurry the QB a bit we could fend it off, but we aren't...and we cant...and we been pourus as a result.

Go watch all the other games and see what they do....Guys are engaging receiver's right at l.o.s and or are playing tight coverage so many of the quick hitters or pitch and catch plays the DB's are right on them , almost draped on them as others fly in to clean up.

We are sending one or 2 extra guys.....and have 4 dbs in a deep zone...and for us the DBS have to come up to close, and our guys making up the front 7...8...generally are in chase mode following up the play and as we have seen when you have some waify DB's who miss the tackle or cant wrap a guy up, you get those  y.a.c plays that been killing us....thtas one of the reasons many here are saying we look old....or appear to be old as some of our playmakers are schemed to be either chasing...or running up to the play...and if you miss...well we seen the gouging going on.

Surprisingly we have actually been fairly decent on the run, but I think it more a matter of teams are just not focusing on it as they know that sad sac scheme will be easy to exploit to eat up yardage and clock and gas the defense...Teams are smart, and see the poor depth on roster and know they can basically bag out our ends by making them run all game long chasing when we only have 2 effective ones on the roster, as opposed to letting them attack...same can be said on the DT spot....Fix the Dline..Jeffcoat back and a Hansen rotating in will go a long way...if they not gonna be back anytime soon bring in Lemon...no time to train up a new guy with upside, as we should have done that the day of final cuts on the PR...but no we cut all the prospects..a few of whom looked good in pre-season and in camp.

Use one of our big bodied receivers...or even Gauthier or Briggs and the fullback blocking role and free up that DI spot for Mouhamad...Cole....Or a big bodied legit DT....and use em all in rotation...Briggs and Gauthier...have played CFL ball their whole lives, and am sure can do the role Jackson is doing from being here a grand total of 40 days or so...Dump that extra 7th oline guy who is taking up a spot for who knows what, and use it with a ST guy who can actually serve a purpose, and get reps....Or be an actual viable replacement candidate in case of an injury...seeing as they have Jake declared another oline guy and actually have gave him a number almost makes you think he would go in before this guy...like wtf is that all about and why even declare that??

Fix/address/realize these things and we go from looking like a middling confused "old" team to basically close to what we been the last few yrs...Offence I am not concerned about....unless the same crap happens back to back this week....or sporadically in games up to labour day...but I doubt it as we always throw out one stinker a yr.

The sky is definitely not falling, and across the board I will take this team over any.....Osh and his Co-Ordinators just need to pull their heads out of their asses and look around....see whats going on and not rest on status quo and loyalty/allegience...whatever you wanna call it cause it worked in past...that stuff usually has 2..3...yr shelf life then you need to tweak/add/replace a few things...player and or scheme and way you attack....Teams have 4 yrs of film and history now to go after the Bombers as it's been status quo now basically since late 2019....correct that....and we will be sitting in the Hammer come Nov

Edited by Booch

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Ritchie Hall likes to fall back into these old habits. He has the worse disguised blitzes in all of history.  Qbs don't need to stop and think, they just known where to go when the pressure comes and they make the easy completion. 

Seen it a million times.

and on at least one occasion Darby ran to Pembina Hwy thinking he was going to be able to close that gap quickly....and no surprise he couldn't.

11 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

If it's status quo for the week and we don't get any help off the injury list it will be interesting to see what kind of success Fajardo has against us?

If we don't manage lot's of hurries and pressures against Fajardo with that o-line then I don't think anyone can dispute that the D-line is not good enough.

saving grace is that I think our defence is so ingrained in the Faj's head that he will never have success against us....so if we field another roster and effort of suck again we may sqwueek away with the Win

1 hour ago, Booch said:

4 DB's off the LOS and giving 8 to 12 yard cushion, and having the safety play some odd hybrid role...well you get what we have witnessed....easy pitch and catch with our guys having to come up to make the play, The dline has to be in QB face in a matter of a second, and that not happening...Maybe if we had a stud or 2 in the middle 

Fix the Dline..Jeffcoat back and a Hansen rotating in will go a long way...if they not gonna be back anytime soon bring in Lemon...no time to train up a new guy with upside, as we should have done that the day of final cuts on the PR...but no we cut all the prospects..a few of whom looked good in pre-season and in camp.

AND it's very fixable.....give Lemon a call.....and the db's can't be giving the space they are at present.....I hope we're working on that this week

1 hour ago, Booch said:

at the pro level you can play press...man...bump and run...jamming......and if you can't then you shouldn't be on a roster....and if we are playing to not get beat deep, or playing scared/conservative...then time to put that strategy back in the drawer and break out the aggressive stuff....aggressive defenses cause turn overs...confusion and are scheme disruptors.....right now we are letting teams offences take the play to us and we react to it...time to reverse the scenario

Edited by Booch

48 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I guess once the stats are ready we can analyze the data.

23 hours ago, bugsybomber said:

This is tottally unrelated to this topic, but caanot find answer to this question. I read MBB all the time but decided to check out the other bb forum and it seems to  have disappeared. Anybody know what happened?

The site is down - below is what their office told me "

I have not had a timeframe yet ..

Carol

Carol Barrott

Manager, Fan Services & Ticketing | Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Call or Text: 204-784-7420

cbarrott@bluebombers.com | www.bluebombers.com

315 Chancellor Matheson Road,  Winnipeg, MB  R3T 1Z2

1 hour ago, Booch said:

saving grace is that I think our defence is so ingrained in the Faj's head that he will never have success against us....so if we field another roster and effort of suck again we may sqwueek away with the Win

You're totally wrong man, Cody's a new man now, he doesn't eat corndogs anymore, smokes cigarettes 2 at a time and curses 3 times every Saturday.....in French!

Brent Just/Getty Images

4 hours ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

If we don't manage lot's of hurries and pressures against Fajardo with that o-line then I don't think anyone can dispute that the D-line is not good enough.

I'd rather they don't even try and pressure him. He only does good stuff on broken plays.  Just let him sit in the pocket all day and he will beat himself.