Elks versus RR Week One

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Just think how powerful we'll be when Lawler gets back... I've never said the word powerful before EVER... when describing any football offense. I've used words like explosive, dominant & exceptional. That's what we are, powerful. How do other defenses stop us??? 

Okay thanks but Locksley blew it. I have my doubts that Ford would do better than Cornelius. He missed nearly the entire season last year so he's really still a rookie. 

That receiver on the 3rd down try really boned them...a right pusssy arsed effort....not a FIFO style receiver doing the dirty work like here

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Did you see Dickenson\s reaction as TSN cut right to him as Harris was writhing in agony. He didn't even care his qb was hurt. Instead, telling his players on the field to "Get back!! Get Back!!" Didn't like the way they were lining up. What a strange response. 

Just keeps cementing what a fool and lousy HC he is...You would think the Ridets stupidity,lack of any sense of actual legitimacy would get better...but just keeps gettin worse

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

I can only imagine how long the home losing streak would continue if that were to happen.

sad part...any competent play calling in the 4th quarter and the Elks walk away in that game with a win...Sask fans I sur feel good about that win, figured they earned it...but in all practicality, if not for bone headed coaching decisions and penalty aided Sask scoring drive in the 1st...they lose that...Also Corny and his total lack of presence on the field and horrid passing.

They should have been kicking a FG late ijn that 4th if he has any sense of a pass rush coming at him and throws the ball away instead of a sack....and then they kick a FG at goal line to go up 2....Harris and that pop gun offence wasnt scaring anyone, 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

sad part...any competent play calling in the 4th quarter and the Elks walk away in that game with a win...Sask fans I sur feel good about that win, figured they earned it...but in all practicality, if not for bone headed coaching decisions and penalty aided Sask scoring drive in the 1st...they lose that...Also Corny and his total lack of presence on the field and horrid passing.

They should have been kicking a FG late ijn that 4th if he has any sense of a pass rush coming at him and throws the ball away instead of a sack....and then they kick a FG at goal line to go up 2....Harris and that pop gun offence wasnt scaring anyone, 

And that that was their best shot at a home win for a while - they did the guaranteed win night against the Riders for a reason.  They have some winnable games but they need some luck and way better coaching/qb'ing.  

I could see them going winless at home until week 12 when they play Ottawa (they host Toronto, Hamilton, BC & the Bombers before that).  

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Looked like an early battle for the basement in the West.

Great hitting by both teams. 

Just kick the F'ing FG on the last Riders play. 

If it takes most QB's 3 years to 'get it', then the Elks QB is never gonna get it. 

Yeah Dickenson should seriously be slapped upside his head...Like wtf was that...Old geriatric Harris is gonna be feeling that this week....especially on a short turn around and based on seeing that sieve Sask O-line Hall best be sending the house all game as Harris will...as usual wilt under pressure and likely not last the game...That receiving corp scares nobody, and did they even do much with vertical shots down the field?...I don't recall much...and that was with 2 raw rooks in the Elks secondary

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Accuracy is a tool he has lacked since day 1. 

Guy couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

To be fair to corny, sometimes at the lake my boat is left on the beach 

My thought watching parts of this one

Bombers gonna kill the green teams this year but you know Edmonton gonna break their home loss record against us  

4 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

So Edmonton got ride of Sergio and his replacement doesnt kick field goals longer than 40 yards? Yeah, that was a smart move.

thats what happens to your roster when you blow a nut on 2..3 guys in a dumb spending spree...u end up raping other parts of your roster, as well as depth

48 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The way Harris reacted after that last hit, I thought they would be calling a priest to administer last rites, but he seemed to walk it off.

It always happens, but I thought that an inordinate number of guys looked like they were headed to the 6 game but returned to play. 
Aklin was one, and it looked like Sheed had a broken arm the way he was favouring it, but there he was, back next series.  

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost