Elks versus RR Week One

• 2 months later...
On 2023-06-12 at 9:49 AM, bigg jay said:

And that that was their best shot at a home win for a while - they did the guaranteed win night against the Riders for a reason.  They have some winnable games but they need some luck and way better coaching/qb'ing.  

I could see them going winless at home until week 12 when they play Ottawa (they host Toronto, Hamilton, BC & the Bombers before that).  

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952y3r8iw4ek0gnyj44t

This loss may have sealed Bob Dyce's fate. The RedBlacks looked just awful. The entire team just looks to be regressing. Dustin Crum's star has just crumbled. For some reason, it looks like KJ has told him not to run but to stand in the pocket or throw on the run behind the LOS instead of taking off with the ball. Which is a big part of his game like Tre Ford does. Crum will never beat a CFL team with his arm. The Ottawa secondary isn't good at all. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This loss may have sealed Bob Dyce's fate. The RedBlacks looked just awful. The entire team just looks to be regressing. Dustin Crum's star has just crumbled. For some reason, it looks like KJ has told him not to run but to stand in the pocket or throw on the run behind the LOS instead of taking off with the ball. Which is a big part of his game like Tre Ford does. Crum will never beat a CFL team with his arm. The Ottawa secondary isn't good at all. 

I don't see Dyce being canned after a season.  The team is starting a no name 3rd stringer and on defense really only lacks a few players in the secondary to fix those issues.     If only Masoli returned healthy I think Ottawa would have a record similar to Monteral. 

41 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't see Dyce being canned after a season.  The team is starting a no name 3rd stringer and on defense really only lacks a few players in the secondary to fix those issues.     If only Masoli returned healthy I think Ottawa would have a record similar to Monteral. 

But Masoli is not healthy so they need to figure out a way to win without him.

4 hours ago, Jesse said:

But Masoli is not healthy so they need to figure out a way to win without him.

Arbuckle is also hurt,  its not like the team is being blown out every single game.   They are really handicapped by having a QB who can not throw and who has no experience.    Were they able to get MBT then I'd think it would make a world of difference for that team.  They are only a few players away from being really good.  

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

Winning is the only thing in pro football. No one felt sorry for LaPo when he lost Massoli last season. He knew he was done as soon as Marino took his star qb down. Fans in Ottawa have put up with some bad, bad football the past few years & patience is at a premium. The RedBlacks as an organization can't be okay with the status quo staying the same. I think he'll be replaced at season's end. They never should have lost to the Elks. 

47 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Arbuckle is also hurt,  its not like the team is being blown out every single game.   They are really handicapped by having a QB who can not throw and who has no experience.    Were they able to get MBT then I'd think it would make a world of difference for that team.  They are only a few players away from being really good.  

More than a few. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Doubt Ottawa will can their new coach after 1 yr.....he gets until this point next yr at minimum

There's talk about the league tinkering with the coaches cap so it isn't punitive anymore  affecting changing up or firing staffs. If that happens there'll be more than one team that'll be looking for new people as managers & coaches. Ottawa will be one of them.

They also lost their KR, right? And he was arguably their best player. They've got Mauldin, who's really good, but otherwise it's a lot of average pieces. Like most teams, they're one decent QB away from being a solid team...

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

They also lost their KR, right? And he was arguably their best player. They've got Mauldin, who's really good, but otherwise it's a lot of average pieces. Like most teams, they're one decent QB away from being a solid team...

The RedBlacks have holes in their secondary. Receivers as a group are average. The OL is weak. They can open holes for the run game but they aren't good at pass blocking. Dustin Crum plays in a very conservative, don't take any chances passing attack. His biggest weapon are his legs & for some reason he doesn't run anymore. Right now, the biggest problem is a lack of coaching. The players need help but aren't getting it. They are right where they deserve to be. Last place & sinking.

Edited by SpeedFlex27