Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Really happy that Brady got the double nod. He’s a shoe in for moc mop will be interesting. I think Willy will get serious consideration for dpoty as well. 

Knowing he's well liked here but how the CFL media has propped him up this year, Betts gets it hands down.

And you just know CK has the inside track, barf.

What matters most is bring home the Cup where it belongs.

6 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Knowing he's well liked here but how the CFL media has propped him up this year, Betts gets it hands down.

I feel like Betts slowed down a bit towards the end of the season.  As much as TSN made a big deal out of the plays he was making, I'm hopeful that the voters are a little more objective and see that Brady was consistent all year in what he was doing.  I'd say the same with Chad Kelley as he had a few down games where his D bailed him out.

1 hour ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

My 2 cents

Kelly will win MOP

It will be tough between Brady and Betts for MOC...but whichever comes through the West will win the league award

I don't think Willy will get through the West

I think it will certainly be tough for him to beat Kelly, even if he shook hands down. 
 Idk I think they will push through Willy just a hunch though. 

fwiw, being that it's a Saturday, I've got no problem with them pushing back the time of the game. Yeah, it's November and it's going to be chilly but whatever... it's not like an hour makes THAT MUCH of a difference. Wear your ice fishing gear and load up on the "anti freeze".... it's going to be a time! 

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I think a lot of people league wide cooled on his second half. I think the dpoty should be from the east this year. But I think they will vote west. 
 I also think you could have an interesting conversation on the value difference between 7 sacks and 13 pass knock downs and on who was more valuable between Willy and Betts. But honestly both had a good half of a season being invisible. 

Betts should get it. He had a great season.

Here are the contestants.

2023 TEAM AWARD WINNERS
* Denotes a unanimous selection

MOST OUTSTANDING PLAYER

• BC: Vernon Adams Jr.*
  • Edmonton: Tre Ford
  • Calgary: Reggie Begelton*
  • Saskatchewan: Larry Dean
  • Winnipeg: Brady Oliveira
  • Hamilton: Tim White
  • Toronto: Chad Kelly*
  • Ottawa: Devonte Williams
  • Montreal: Austin Mack

MOST OUTSTANDING DEFENSIVE PLAYER

• BC: Mathieu Betts
  • Edmonton: Jake Ceresna
  • Calgary: Micah Awe
  • Saskatchewan: Larry Dean*
  • Winnipeg: Willie Jefferson*
  • Hamilton: Simoni Lawrence
  • Toronto: Adarius Pickett
  • Ottawa: Bryce Carter*
  • Montreal: Tyrice Beverette

MOST OUTSTANDING CANADIAN

• BC: Mathieu Betts
  • Edmonton: Tre Ford*
  • Calgary: Cameron Judge*
  • Saskatchewan: Samuel Emilus*
  • Winnipeg: Brady Oliveira*
  • Hamilton: Stavros Katsantonis*
  • Toronto: Royce Metchie
  • Ottawa: Cleyon Laing*
  • Montreal: Marc-Antoine Dequoy*

MOST OUTSTANDING OFFENSIVE LINEMAN

• BC: Jarell Broxton
  • Edmonton: Martez Ivey
  • Calgary: Sean McEwen
  • Saskatchewan: Logan Ferland
  • Winnipeg: Jermarcus Hardrick
  • Hamilton: Brandon Revenberg
  • Toronto: Dejon Allen
  • Ottawa: Jacob Ruby
  • Montreal: Pier-Olivier Lestage

MOST OUTSTANDING SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER

• BC: Sean Whyte*
  • Edmonton: Scott Hutter
  • Calgary: René Paredes
  • Saskatchewan: Adam Korsak*
  • Winnipeg: Sergio Castillo*
  • Hamilton: Tyreik McAllister
  • Toronto: Javon Leake*
  • Ottawa: Brandin Dandridge
  • Montreal: Joseph Zema

MOST OUTSTANDING ROOKIE

• BC: Ryder Varga*
  • Edmonton: Kai Gray
  • Calgary: Clark Barnes
  • Saskatchewan: Adam Korsak*
  • Winnipeg: Jamieson Sheahan
  • Hamilton: Taylor Powell
  • Toronto: Qwan’tez Stiggers*
  • Ottawa: Dustin Crum*
  • Montreal: Reggie Stubblefield

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Betts should get it. He had a great season.

yes...and no...pretty easy when u can just pin ears back and rush a QB and for most part ignore the run....and take dumb penalties.....I don't think he should be a shoe in for either award in all honesty....Who would have more of a profound effect on his team if he was missing for any time...BO or Howdy Doody?.....BO all the way and then some

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

yes...and no...pretty easy when u can just pin ears back and rush a QB and for most part ignore the run....and take dumb penalties.....I don't think he should be a shoe in for either award in all honesty....Who would have more of a profound effect on his team if he was missing for any time...BO or Howdy Doody?.....BO all the way and then some

Brady is by far, and it is not even close, the best NAT this year. He should win MOP too. Strictly talking about MODP and it's only because there isn't a lot of MODP worthy performances this year and Betts put up some impressive numbers and he was impactful because of that. One dimensional sure....but they used him to his strength and he was a difference maker for them. However, BO just beat his next biggest rival for MOP imo. Kelly OVERRATED.

Edited by GCn20

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

Brady is by far, and it is not even close, the best NAT this year. He should win MOP too. Strictly talking about MODP and it's only because there isn't a lot of MODP worthy performances this year and Betts put up some impressive numbers.

ahh yes....If Judge was nominated for that and not that dirtbag Awe I would have liked to see him get it

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

Betts will win but their run D is absolutely terrible. Rushing the quarterback is only one part of the job. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

ahh yes....If Judge was nominated for that and not that dirtbag Awe I would have liked to see him get it

On that note, I hate that Awe and Simoni Lawrence are the nominees from their respective teams.  I always hate how TSN pumps them up to be these great players when they both have a reputation of being dirty with garbage after the whistle.

Edited by Sard
typo

3 minutes ago, Sard said:

On that note, I hate that Awe and Simoni Lawrence are the nominees from their respective teams.  I always hate how TSN pumps them up to be these great players when they both have a reputation of being dirty with garbage after the whistle.

TSN loves dirty players. Sanchez has a job on their panel. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

TSN loves dirty players. Sanchez has a job on their panel. 

I've never thought about it this way, i.e., how former elite offensive guys on the panel, i.e., Dunnigan, Stegall look at dirty defensive players like Awe, Lawrence that reminds them of how Sanchez played and how that type of consistent dirty, dangerous play risks the livelihood of players trying to put food on the table. That games of throne meme where they're shaming someone comes to mind.  

I've never thought about it this way, i.e., how former elite offensive guys on the panel, i.e., Dunnigan, Stegall look at dirty defensive players like Awe, Lawrence that reminds them of how Sanchez played and how that type of consistent dirty, dangerous play risks the livelihood of players trying to put food on the table. That games of throne meme where they're shaming someone comes to mind.  

He is, Dirty Sanchez.