Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

I thought he swished on that one but on further review the ball popped up a bit so he probably made contact.  If he'd gone for the tackle initially I think he would have stopped him beyond White's FG range, but there is the possibility Rhymes carries him another 10-15 yards.

It looks like he popped the ball out but just by chance rhymes re-caught the ball. It was unlucky. I still wouldn’t have told Holm to go for the tackle in that situation, he made the high IQ decision

3 minutes ago, Bombertown said:

It looks like he popped the ball out but just by chance rhymes re-caught the ball. It was unlucky. I still wouldn’t have told Holm to go for the tackle in that situation, he made the high IQ decision

I also want to add that I was super impressed with Parker’s speed on that play but no one has mentioned that holm was hardly a step behind him and he was coming off the ground! I thought that was just as awesome. I don’t think he’d have been in position to make a tackle before the end zone but it does say quite a bit about his speed. 

4 hours ago, Booch said:

Bighill and BA look to "seem" to be not same guys....but it's due to role being used in....and from what many here have seen as a weak area...yet to be adressed fully....Biggie sure may be a bit slower, but if playing a normal MLB role....scraping to ball...watching the QB and reading the play...would be extremely productive....right now he has to ne nore concerned with gap control and helping with inside pressure...so no doubt a lot of times he seems like he a second to late...in chase....or losing the tackle on a failed arm tackle....he isnt in a position to attack....more react....pretty simple really

Intersting tho in last game I noticed how Cole was used, and brought in specifically to not necessarily spy The Vaj but watch him...

Yeah missing a nose hurt the defense in a lot of ways especially on first down. 

I loved the 3-3 look. I’d be happy if we did that instead of rostering extra dl and just rotated Hansen and Lawson a lot more. Much less Thomas, and much more 3 de set. That letting us get the young lbers in more is great. Even getting the ni backers in for Thomas is a win. A rotating dl of the Jeff’s walker, Hansen, Lawson and a bit of Thomas out of a 30 front would be about the best to hope for at this point. That with a mix of biggie kyrie Cole Clements and Briggs would allow us to keep guys healthy and even blitz effectively. 
 Clements has shown a real good knack for getting pressure off the edge. Imagine if we started showing biggie and dropping him frequently instead of sending him into a guard, then sending one of the twitchy fast imp lbers off the edge? That’s enough of give any cfl qb nightmares.  

12 minutes ago, Bombertown said:

I also want to add that I was super impressed with Parker’s speed on that play but no one has mentioned that holm was hardly a step behind him and he was coming off the ground! I thought that was just as awesome. I don’t think he’d have been in position to make a tackle before the end zone but it does say quite a bit about his speed. 

Holm makes great plays and questionable plays, but you never question his motor. Which is not some thing you find in a cover db very often. 

41 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I loved the 3-3 look. I’d be happy if we did that instead of rostering extra dl and just rotated Hansen and Lawson a lot more. Much less Thomas, and much more 3 de set. That letting us get the young lbers in more is great. Even getting the ni backers in for Thomas is a win. A rotating dl of the Jeff’s walker, Hansen, Lawson and a bit of Thomas out of a 30 front would be about the best to hope for at this point. That with a mix of biggie kyrie Cole Clements and Briggs would allow us to keep guys healthy and even blitz effectively. 
 Clements has shown a real good knack for getting pressure off the edge. Imagine if we started showing biggie and dropping him frequently instead of sending him into a guard, then sending one of the twitchy fast imp lbers off the edge? That’s enough of give any cfl qb nightmares.  

Interesting in OT they went with 3 D-linemen and Cole on all 3 downs.

1 hour ago, Bombertown said:

Parker likely fastest on team...also most explosive in closing on a tackle

59 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Holm makes great plays and questionable plays, but you never question his motor. Which is not some thing you find in a cover db very often. 

yeah...liked the front we were doing....and was the fist game we used minimal Thomas...took long enough to figure that out...If we continue this....and can get Haba on for u know who...we could be prtty interesting and fast with how Hall has used Cole and Clements

17 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Interesting in OT they went with 3 D-linemen and Cole on all 3 downs.

yeah mentioned that earlier...Cole took a lot of reps late in game...and all of O.T...seemed to be responsible for the Vaj, and when he didnt look to be taking off...he delayed rushed and flushed him out...well done Mr Hall

Dunno, if it's accurate or not, but Parker in as a regular starter feels a bit like when Alexander took over at Safety in '19..... just feels like a different vibe in the secondary right now. Hoping it translates in the same way through the end of November.... 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Dunno, if it's accurate or not, but Parker in as a regular starter feels a bit like when Alexander took over at Safety in '19..... just feels like a different vibe in the secondary right now. Hoping it translates in the same way through the end of November.... 

You made me remember Hecht.

ace_ventura_barf-250x200.gif

37 minutes ago, Noeller said:

more a Taylor and Maston vibe....Parker should have been in a long time ago.....

22 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

The atmosphere at that game was truly amazing! It felt incredibly special to be surrounded by a sea of Blue. It was also the most nerve-wracking and thrilling game I've experienced in the 5+ years I've been attending Bomber games at BC Place as an expat.

I wasn't behind the bench -- I was in the last row of the lower bowl behind the Lions bench, and when the giant wall of blue rose up on our 3rd down stop I realized my mistake.  Next year will be in the Blue section!

BC Place has been an awful place to watch Bomber games for me.  In the 2016 WSF and the 2017 regular season game the Bombers were anti-clutch, blowing 10+ point leads in the fourth quarter both times.  hell, in 2013 we blew a lead to lose in BC Place, which is remarkable because I don't know how often in 2013 we actually led a game.

In fact, I've seen eight bomber games live since I moved to the West Coast.  They were 0-7 in those games before Friday.  That win was even extra sweet for me because I've been waiting 20 years to see a Blue victory live. 

Needless to say, that Rhymes reception gave me a trauma response and Parker is now my favorite Bomber.  He was channeling the spirit of Joe Lobendahn there!

Edited by johnzo

28 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Needless to say, that Rhymes reception gave me a trauma response and Parker is now my favorite Bomber.  He was channeling the spirit of Joe Lobendahn there!

You don't mean this do you?

4 minutes ago, johnzo said:

that guy made Taylor Loffler look like Juran Bolden.

I just rememebr him as the guy who broke the Manny show.

7 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

You don't mean this do you?

hell yeah -- this is one of my top ten bomber plays of all time.

gotta mix in the Milt Miracle, some plays from the 2019 and 2021 playoffs, the 1984 Mikawos Grey Cup killshot TD, the Michael Gray interception in 88, Deon Beasley ending Casey Printers' career in 2010, and now the Parker Pursuit from last week. 

might be a fun offseason project to pull all those together into a youtube.

Edited by johnzo

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Replacing who?   

Houston....and or Holm....Holm would be better at corner on wide side...It was Parkers job in camp before he got hurt whether most of you wanna believe it or not....and in my opinion....Swarmay should have actually been in over Houston...Fancy stats are nice and all....but there are a lot of holes in Houston's game

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Houston....and or Holm....Holm would be better at corner on wide side...It was Parkers job in camp before he got hurt whether most of you wanna believe it or not....and in my opinion....Swarmay should have actually been in over Houston...Fancy stats are nice and all....but there are a lot of holes in Houston's game

I still think Parker would be killer in Kramdi's spot. He's a great tackler, tons of speed, he'd make some big plays there.

8 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

I still think Parker would be killer in Kramdi's spot. He's a great tackler, tons of speed, he'd make some big plays there.

Yeah he would excel there as well....He was decent as a raw rookie with reps there last yr....Kramdi serves no purpose there if we are not gonna utilize another American Dtackle as a starter on he dline....He is average there...and thats at best.

Thank god he's a horrible cover guy and tackler and couldn't bring down Rhymes or we would be staring up at first place right now..... 

1 hour ago, blue85gold said:

Parker would be great in coverage at SAM, but I think he would struggle with the more physical aspects needed in the run game.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Yeah he would excel there as well....He was decent as a raw rookie with reps there last yr....Kramdi serves no purpose there if we are not gonna utilize another American Dtackle as a starter on he dline....He is average there...and thats at best.

Thank god he's a horrible cover guy and tackler and couldn't bring down Rhymes or we would be staring up at first place right now..... 

Review the play previous to that one, Kramdi was on Rhymes like a wet blanket on a ***** cat. 

Jeez can't even use *****.

Edited by Fatty Liver

15 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Parker would be great in coverage at SAM, but I think he would struggle with the more physical aspects needed in the run game.

nah....u can tackle...u can tackle....He's a way better tackler than Kramdi...and also way more physical, with better closing speed....if anything worst case he would slow up the runner for the posse to swarm in

Just now, Fatty Liver said:

Review the play previous to that one, Kramdi was on Rhymes like a wet blanket on a ***** cat.

sure u can cherry pick a play here and there...but overall...he is maybe average...also isn't fast enough...every player will make a play here and there thats noteworthy...it's what they do the majority of the time that matters