Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

we need to go back to the best home blue jersey ever and the normal gold pants for 90% of home games...plain and simple...as well as the mid 80's away whites....solid white with the  blue/gold/blue wrap around the bicep and just numbers...no blue shoulders...no other crap

Edited by Booch

we need depth regardless of the Haba injury, as well...we had none...and now have worse than none....so you have to think we do some kind of roster moves

Forgot about Gwachum and would be a good stop gap...and likely cost less than Lemon tho as the weeks tick on Lemons ask will be getting smaller and smaller and more limited

We had/have a case of serious warts and still escaped...yes escaped at 5-2 going into the break and first place is still under our control....The game coming out of the bye is the biggest of the season, and this is the game the statement needs to be made....and definitively at that....will the staff do the required things to allow us to do that...History says yes....so we shall see

7 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So with Habba on the 6 and Bennett being a JAG, we obviously need another DE or two. Lemon is an obvious choice but who else is there? Do they bring Sterling back? A vet whose currently out of work other than Lemon such as Boom Gwacham or Stefan Banks? A few young prospects?

I hoped they would go after Boteng last off-season but he just announced his retirement.  Sounds like several teams were still interested in him.

https://3downnation.com/2023/07/20/canadian-de-kwaku-boateng-retires-from-cfl-despite-interest-from-teams/

7 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Patience with Walker Jr seems to be paying off as I like what he has done the last couple of games, getting another inside guy to push the pocket would really benefit this line.

I wasn't sold on him to start the season but willing to eat crow now. He's looked good the past few games and seems to be emerging. 

there was a good quote from Walker in Tait's last piece "Upon Further Review..." where he talked about "getting it" now. It took awhile for the game to slow down for him, but he's in a good place now. I'd love nothing more than for him to be an impactful guy every game... a poor man's Nevis/Stove...

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

That stinks about Lemon.

Very sour news but what did everyone expect from the guy. Lemon's always been a selfish, Me First player. he'll never change. Montreal lost Weineke & Lewis to free agency before the ownership change. They obviously had extra money lying around that other teams didn't. As far as Usher goes, maybe he comes here with all the veterans around him & he changes his style of play because there'd be hell to pay in the locker room with Bighill, Alexander Jefferson & Jeffcoat as well as others not very happy if he didn't. If we sign him & that's a big IF, we have to give the guy a chance.