CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

57 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

apparently there is building resentment on how much the Riders charge for just about everything. From tickets to concessions to merch. That's not helping their attendance issues either.

That's not an issue isolated to the Riders though and their fans got a break that we haven't when the Riders reduced/froze ticket prices for this season.

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

apparently there is building resentment on how much the Riders charge for just about everything. From tickets to concessions to merch. That's not helping their attendance issues either.

That comes with having a team that not only loses, but looks and acts crappy as well.

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Riders look shitty as well with their 2010 era jerseys & striping. 

The Riders and (this years) Argos look like Div II teams. 
The league as a whole is mostly better with the uniforms compared to where they were in 2015. 

The other stuff I’d ditch is

A: the peewee league wordmark that every team has across the jersey and B: Put stripes on all the leotards (Hamilton’s in particular) 

18 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

The league as a whole is mostly better with the uniforms compared to where they were in 2015. 

A: the peewee league wordmark that every team has across the jersey and B: Put stripes on all the leotards (Hamilton’s in particular) 

YEAH.....I hate the team name across the collar bone....looks amateur and stripeless pants too are crap...reminds me too much of practice gear  

22 hours ago, 17to85 said:

#FlagshipFranchise

Canadas team… to hate. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

YEAH.....I hate the team name across the collar bone....looks amateur and stripeless pants too are crap...reminds me too much of practice gear  

I also hate that 3rd/alternate unis are worn as often as the regular ones. Once on the road once at home max. 
 Why can’t we just have simple nice unis with a league theme, team colours and some team flavour. 

4 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Hamilton has looked ghastly for a decade or more. 

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Canadas team… to hate. 

I also hate that 3rd/alternate unis are worn as often as the regular ones. Once on the road once at home max. 
 Why can’t we just have simple nice unis with a league theme, team colours and some team flavour. 

That hockey themed jesey with the W we wore at the Banjo Bowl & now other home games as well is not one of my favourites. I like our blue home jerseys a lot. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Only if people actually buy the other crap. Remember the ugly jersey urban camo blue we had that one year? No one was running out buying any of those jerseys. 

Worst all time. I just remember Jason Vega & Drew Willy looking so unimpressed with them at the unveiling. The team only wore them once & never again. I heard the players refused to wear them again after that single time. No one bought that jersey. 

I'm concerned that New Era is planning on ditching our regular season home & away jerseys we have now next season since they made the helmet striping change permanent this season. Hoefully, nothing's up. Fans clamoured for years to bring back the old look & colours which they finally did. Message to Wade Miller: Please don't mess with what works. Make it better, if you want. Don't change it. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Does this mean that the RBs might not make the playoffs?

Any thing is possible really. Out side of bc tor and wpg the difference between teams is negligible.  I mean some media types are claiming edm as the hottest team in the league. Mtl ham ssk cal edm are all separated by just 2 wins and ott is just one back of them. If ott wins out and ham/mtl lose out ott would host a play off game. 
 Ssk has given up the most points and scored the least. Yet is 3rd in the west and has beat the two teams infront on back to back weeks. 
 Ott has a better points for/ against than ssk, cal, edm, and Hamilton. In the 2nd tier glut only mtl has a better f/a. 

8 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Only if people actually buy the other crap. Remember the ugly jersey urban camo blue we had that one year? No one was running out buying any of those jerseys. 

Yeah I get that they need to constantly reinvent (to get people to buy new jerseys) ... but if those are the ones I'm thinking of, always thought all they were missing was just a few specks of gold and they would've looked alright. As they were, they looked more like Argo jerseys than Blue Bomber ones.

On 2023-09-17 at 10:20 PM, Noeller said:

I maintain we have more true diehards than they do, but they (until recently) have more fairweathers who come out when things are good. But when things were truly shitty for us, we still had a lot of people coming out to games and buying gear and what not. More than any other franchise when things are shitty.... and IMO... that's the true measure of a fanbase. 

Winnipeg is definitely a sports town 

Bombers goldeyes Jets all sold out same day. Says it all. Throw in the Seabears now.. yup 

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

Looking at that SASK depth chart...they getting lean/hardup for National starting talent?....Korte-Moore....Teitz....now Blake has supplanted a lousy Johnson fresh off a pec tear....and who turns 38 in 2 months...so obviously isn't the future there.....yeeesh

Another teams fans can easily say that about our D-line........

Thomas, Lawson, Schmekkle and Bennet are not exactly a CDN group to instill fear

3 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

Another teams fans can easily say that about our D-line........

Thomas, Lawson, Schmekkle and Bennet are not exactly a CDN group to instill fear

I say that about our dline.....tho Lawson is not a yeesh guy....He is actually top tiers for a Canadian and would be more apparent if he didn't have to give reps away to Thomas and Bennett....But our Nationals Neuf...Gray...Eli...Dobson...Demski...BO....Woli absolutely blow their National talent right off the field...without question...If we were to lend them Eli and Dobson for a game their oline would be totally transformed...and they aren't even starting here...Thats my point

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

I say that about our dline.....tho Lawson is not a yeesh guy....He is actually top tiers for a Canadian and would be more apparent if he didn't have to give reps away to Thomas and Bennett....But our Nationals Neuf...Gray...Eli...Dobson...Demski...BO....Woli absolutely blow their National talent right off the field...without question...If we were to lend them Eli and Dobson for a game their oline would be totally transformed...and they aren't even starting here...Thats my point

Overall yes I absolutely agree we are stronger with CDN talent...but our D.line...yikes...although it's been hashed over and over and most people agree there is plenty of room of improvement...I wish we had even some of quality type depth along the D-line we have along our O-line.

Edited by 3rdand1.5

6 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

Overall yes I absolutely agree we are stronger with CDN talent...but our D.line...yikes...although it's been hashed over and over and most people agree there is plenty of room of improvement...I wish we had even some of quality type depth along the D-line we have along our O-line.

wish we would roster a couple of our PR guys to see what they offer....Fox looked good i his 1 game, also looked good in limited time in BC as well, and I have no doubt him and Walker together at same time, as well as rotating with Lawson would be a nice trifecta in the middle...keeping all fresh....same with the Jeff's and Haba....roster those 6 with Bennett to see if he can actually develop into something would be ideal...and all guys we currently have in house...Thomas in my opinion could be taken off for a more useful piece for ST's...(where we are bleeding....christ hemorrhaging)...add in the eventual Hansen return and that group of 8 would definately give us some serious push up front than what we are trotting out now

and if those guys on PR don't have it...or even if we feel without playing them they don't have it...then why they here???

Edited by Booch