CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

8 hours ago, CodyT said:

Man seeing Rourke potentially end up on a practice squad 🙄 total bummer

Kids a number 2 in that league. Sucks to see him end up on a pr instead of playing in canada. Hopefully that's not the case and he's picked up 

Yeah but at least his unfortunate detour to the CFL is over.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

That was the game that the Kamau Incompleterson nickname was born I believe. Dropped a sure TD catch and run on probably the nicest ball Tee Martin ever threw in his life to seal the loss.

Oh man i remember that. You could see the life essence sucked out of Martin after that drop. He was livid. Thought he was going to kill Peterson.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

21 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Oh man i remember that. You could see the life essence sucked out of Martin after that drop. He was livid. Thought he was going to kill Peterson.

It was the epitome of our entire season that year just wrapped up in one play really. After watching Tee just stink the joint out, he finally uncorks a beauty like that and it would have won us the game and Kamau had oven mitts on.

18 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I remember being so mad that Peterson refused to come on CJOB and talk after that game.

I remember being in disbelief. I think I took it worse that Tee, and he took it pretty badly. That play completely shattered his confidence I think and was pretty much the end of the road for his football career.

I will also lay a dump truck of blame on Taman for poor Tee's short lived CFL career. Taman hyped him as the greatest QB prospect in the CFL for many years, when he signed him. We thought we were getting Doug Flutie. Poor Tee was never allowed to develop, grow. and learn our game and we rushed an unready, way overhyped prospect out there and fed him to the wolves until his confidence was shattered. I get why Taman did it, the Bombers financials were not strong, and he was trying to raise hope and thusly ticket sales.....but it ruined Tee.

18 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I remember being in disbelief. I think I took it worse that Tee, and he took it pretty badly. That play completely shattered his confidence I think and was pretty much the end of the road for his football career.

I will also lay a dump truck of blame on Taman for poor Tee's short lived CFL career. Taman hyped him as the greatest QB prospect in the CFL for many years, when he signed him. We thought we were getting Doug Flutie. Poor Tee was never allowed to develop, grow. and learn our game and we rushed an unready, way overhyped prospect out there and fed him to the wolves until his confidence was shattered. I get why Taman did it, the Bombers financials were not strong, and he was trying to raise hope and thusly ticket sales.....but it ruined Tee.

Years in NFL, full season as starter in NFL Europe, half a season on the sideline here, and was the backup to Glenn who was injured when Martin got in.  Not quite which narrative you’re remembering.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Years in NFL, full season as starter in NFL Europe, half a season on the sideline here, and was the backup to Glenn who was injured when Martin got in.  Not quite which narrative you’re remembering.

That o-line in 05 was absolutely horrible as well. Who knows what could have been. Getting Khan and St.Germaine in the disposal draft from Ottawa really helped turn around our offence the following season but that was tough to see Tee Martin just get smacked around on every play. 

9 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

That o-line in 05 was absolutely horrible as well. Who knows what could have been. Getting Khan and St.Germaine in the disposal draft from Ottawa really helped turn around our offence the following season but that was tough to see Tee Martin just get smacked around on every play. 

yeah we destroyed him...He should have been a legit QB up here, but we ruined that...feel for the guy

49 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The point of my narrative is that Taman, and this is completely accurate, painted him as the future of our QB room and a bonafide superstar in waiting. Expectations were so high for him after that he couldn't just be a rookie CFL QB learning our league. I get that he had a career before us, but you know as well as I do, that the transition to the CFL takes time. Cripes, I remember before Glenn got hurt the fan base was already pushing hard for Martin to take over and Glenn was playing some decent ball. He was a CFL rookie and he was shredded for playing like one.

Edited by GCn20

54 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

none of that really matters... some guys need more time in the bolded part to get it done in the CFL

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

none of that really matters... some guys need more time in the bolded part to get it done in the CFL

Agreed. It was unrealistic to think, and unfortunately many people jumped on the hype, that Tee would do much in his first start. After which he was mercilessly criticized for his poor play. I have never seen a rookie QB in his first start take such a brow beating afterwards.

My only memory of Peterson was Tee Martin launching a bomb and he was wide open and the ball was like a feather slowly dropping into the hands... only for Kamau to move his hands and drop a sure fire TD.     I just remember sitting in the stadium and you can feel the energy of the crowd just dissipate into the air.  

I will say however the Burke era was probably even more deflating to a point where people were questioning why they are even at the game in the first place.  That was the lowest low that I ever witnessed.      

17 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think they literally started like 30 different DB's that season.  A mix of guys cast off elsewhere and rookies.  Marcus Howell played DB.  Geoff Drover played safety.

Funny enough those two weren’t even the worst dbs we played lol. 
 Both were good Canadian foot soldiers. Drover was a surprisingly good tackler. 

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I do believe you're right. Folks here were hoping Stubler would come here as the new DC under O'Shea . Instead we got Etcheverry. 

I was pretty surprised by that for sure. 

11 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I think that was the Edmonton game that year.  The D kept stepping up and Tee Martin just couldn't do squat.  The Bombers lost on the last play of the game, gave up a FG or something.  It took me a few hours to calm down I was so pissed after that game.  I think Tee Martin left soon after and the Kevin Glenn era began.

I remember pining for an offence that would put up like 300 combined yards a game back then. An offence with blink and milt. Horrible times. 

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

That was the game that the Kamau Incompleterson nickname was born I believe. Dropped a sure TD catch and run on probably the nicest ball Tee Martin ever threw in his life to seal the loss.

that was a heart breaking moment. Had soo much hope for k9 and he was such a good dude. 

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I was annoyed when they first signed Peterson and made a huge deal about it. I said his hands were **** but oh no, it was a great move. 

I mean in an era of fa pick ups like Wayne mcgarity it was a low water mark. Idk who would’ve been our best vet cfl pick up in that era but I’m sure it wasn’t good. 

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

Samuel Eguavoen...now there is a guy worth grabbing...4 yrs in the League....no PR eligibility...and likely now too pricey for any team to sign as a back-up or role guy...I'd be in his agents ear in a heartbeat....

Huh. In the tweet I read that said he had been released, it said it was expected that'd he'd be moved onto the PR.

18 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Huh. In the tweet I read that said he had been released, it said it was expected that'd he'd be moved onto the PR.

I didn't look at tweet...so not sure...I just know he been cut...and 4 yrs now in league..and lot of it on game day roster would make u think he be an overly pricey guy now as a pr or depth guy