2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

17 hours ago, Goalie said:

Biggie looked done to me tho. Like does the non existing valid point defensive tackle make biggie look slower or miss more tackles or just generally be a step behind? At times last season I thought Biggie was done for good. 

Biggie looked done how exactly? Because he didn't have 100 tackles? I would suggest you look at his usage last year. He was playing an almost hybrid MLB/S role. Not to mention that Richie Hall's defence always takes a pass elimination first priority that quite often gets us gashed against the run. I will say it before, and I will say it again, in the CFL if all you have on offence is the run you aren't going to win many games. Doesn't matter if you do it successfully. We could give up 100 yards rushing every game for all I care, as long as we keep teams to 250 yards or less passing.  In this scenario, we will win most if not all of those games.

It is why Biggie is dropped into coverage a ton by Hall. When you are in coverage you aren't racking up tackles. It's why I found it laughable when people were suggesting that Sankey was a better MLB than Biggie and people got hot at me for saying they were dead wrong about that. Sankey was a one trick pony, and lacked the overall skills needed for his position but if you pair him with an all star WIL he can be effective. The GMs around the league seem to agree with my assessment and now he will take that skill to the XFL.

Edited by GCn20

18 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

It's fun watching Mike make valid points and the usual suspects replying with 'ya buts'. :lol:

Mike actually appreciates the "ya buts" as he is fully aware that he is not always right, and is willing not to dig in like a donkey even if someone makes a valid point in rebuttal to his opinion. Mike does not offer his opinion as an absolute. Valid points definitely, no one has denied that, but added context or a "ya but" as you put it, can actually further the conversation if taken properly and without obstinance. 

17 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Stopping the run is a physical thing. Sure MLB's are supposed to do that. But having someone like a Steve Richardson there helps Biggie. Takes a lot of chances for injuries away. if we solve out interior DL issues we;ll win another Grey Cup. If not, we could be runner ups again. Window of opportunity to win it all closes fast. 

Definitely a run stopping DT is necessary in our defensive scheme that often takes the MLB and WIL into coverage.

16 hours ago, Booch said:

the season is shorter yeah...then what...u not being paid.....and really as a player they dont look at that as any factor in it...they look at the $ per yr....that and only that

Let's not forget about cheques bouncing and players having to get home on their own dime when the league pulls the pin midseason.

Edited by GCn20

After a busy negotiation period and active day one, it’s been pretty slow day two and three. Probably not a lot of cap room left for most GM’s. Would love to bring in a DL like Mike Moore, or Shane Ray want to beef up that DLine otherwise I’m pretty content on what we’ve done this off season. Have to rely on our scouts to continue to bring in talent. 

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

After a busy negotiation period and active day one, it’s been pretty slow day two and three. Probably not a lot of cap room left for most GM’s. Would love to bring in a DL like Mike Moore, or Shane Ray want to beef up that DLine otherwise I’m pretty content on what we’ve done this off season. Have to rely on our scouts to continue to bring in talent. 

Sure would be nifty cool if salaries were shared and we could have site like CapFriendly to get a better insight into where everyone is. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Serious question: who takes Jeffcoat over Orimolade this year? 

Not me. I will probably get raked over the coals for this but I think Jeffcoat is a guy we should have moved on from. He just is in the tub way too much.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Probably a 40k difference in their salaries though. 

I would hope it is more than that because last year Jeffcoat was 180k, and he most certainly should not have gotten a raise.

Edited by GCn20

8 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Not me. I will probably get raked over the coals for this but I think Jeffcoat is a guy we should have moved on from. He just is in the tub way too much.

I would hope it is more than that because last year Jeffcoat was 180k, and he most certainly should not have gotten a raise.

I don’t mind bringing Jeffcoat back, but we obviously need a third (and probably fourth) DE that can rotate in. 

The only known guy left that interests me is Shane Ray but obviously he’s pretty injury prone himself and for some reason, I get the sense he’s XFL or USFL bound anyways 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I don’t mind bringing Jeffcoat back, but we obviously need a third (and probably fourth) DE that can rotate in. 

The only known guy left that interests me is Shane Ray but obviously he’s pretty injury prone himself and for some reason, I get the sense he’s XFL or USFL bound anyways 

Definitely need more rotational ends. Would be nice if Kongbo returns. Hope they bring a bunch of rookies to camp.

32 minutes ago, JCon said:

Sure would be nifty cool if salaries were shared and we could have site like CapFriendly to get a better insight into where everyone is. 

Operating a professional sports league with financial transparency and accountability...?

CFL HQ:

felicityjcnes:Black Panther // Infinity War on Make a GIF