Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

Walters has already committed to bringing in extra kickers.

ML has to earn his spot, but I'm content if he's the one that wins out.  One play never decides a game. And there aren't other kickers in the league that did a significantly better job. 

Edited by Jesse

9 minutes ago, Jesse said:

You think having 14 guys instead of 12 is going to be the difference?

There are only so many reps to go around.

Yeah it could be - weird logic m, because then May as well bring in 10. Only so many reps to go around. 

especially when you are eating spots on water bottle fetchers 

6 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Most our roster spots seem pretty set. Maybe we should just bring in 30 kickers and kick FGs all camp?

That's another thing.

We have to bring in bodies at receiver and DB, but we're only looking for depth - there aren't any starter spots available unless we're blown away by someone. There's plenty of room in TC for a couple of kickers.

9 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

This.  You simply can't miss 8 extra points - it's not acceptable.

Sure...they are 32 yards...but always from the middle of the field.

I'd be more concerned if he was the only one having trouble with it, but I feel like half the league's kickers were the same or worse.... Bede and Castillo, just to name a couple, were awful at times last year...

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

Just avg 4 TDs a game...u miss 2 pat and u still have 26 points there alone haha...with our offence and defense....toss in a FG here and there I see more wins than losses haha

that got us a 15-3 record last year.... I have no worries about the kicking. That's for the mouth breathers on social media to complain about...

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Just avg 4 TDs a game...u miss 2 pat and u still have 26 points there alone haha...with our offence and defense....toss in a FG here and there I see more wins than losses haha

The best hockey team will have an off - game, but the goalie can steal the win for them

I'd just like our football team to have a kicker who could do that

That's all. 

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

that got us a 15-3 record last year.... I have no worries about the kicking. That's for the mouth breathers on social media to complain about...

Same and agreed ...100 percent sure leggz will be improved

And as for kickers . Leggz just turned 26...that's a baby in kicker yrs..to give up now if foolish

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

When I read all the discussion about Legghio and punting I find myself thinking “Do we even need a punter this year?” I truly feel like we have enough offended weapons that we should be scoring on every possession. 

Last year's Banjo Bowl every game.... Is that too much to ask? 

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

When I read all the discussion about Legghio and punting I find myself thinking “Do we even need a punter this year?” I truly feel like we have enough offended weapons that we should be scoring on every possession. 

2022 scored 30 points a game and punted 5 times per game, kicked FG/PAT 5 times a game, kicked off 5 times per game.

The only players on the team who touch the ball more than Liegghio are Collaros, whoever is at centre, Benson and sometimes Oliviera.

They won't get too far into 2023 watching Liegghio struggle on place kicks again and we have the DI spot easily for an American kicker.

I rather the di spots go to receiver...linebacker...defensive line..not kicker...we went 15-3 with a still maturing Leggz...and didn't lose grey cup cause of him .. shouldn't even have been a close game...we sucked as a whole....based on putrid play ZC should be cut based on that thinking...he was god awful...but was also pretty much gonna be useless due to his injury...we as a team just don't use excuses so it's never been mentioned or touched on...he shouldn't even have been on field..but a wounded ZC was our best shot..

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

I rather the di spots go to receiver...linebacker...defensive line..not kicker...we went 15-3 with a still maturing Leggz...and didn't lose grey cup cause of him .. shouldn't even have been a close game...we sucked as a whole....based on putrid play ZC should be cut based on that thinking...he was god awful...but was also pretty much gonna be useless due to his injury...we as a team just don't use excuses so it's never been mentioned or touched on...he shouldn't even have been on field..but a wounded ZC was our best shot..

Good. Then the kicking situation will unfold as it should. 

2 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Perfect post for a sports forum.

22 minutes ago, Booch said:

His kicking was a big reason why the game was as close as it was. Awful in all phases.

He is not the reason , but between field position and missed points- he was trash that day. 

Sure bring in some competition for leggs. But let him keep the job if he looks any sharper then last season.  We let go Canadian kicker Lirim Hajrullahu Paradis, Castillo, Maher.  Not every kicker is an instant success and his numbers aren't bad for this stage of things.  

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

ehhhhhhh..... he made a massive jump from 2 years ago to last year, and I fully expect him to take another jump from last year to this year. His punting and kickoffs were great all season long, and really the biggest issues was converts, which feels like a mental thing, more than anything. I'm not concerned. Too many people are concerned with a blocked kick in the championship game that wasn't his fault. 

He's lucky it was blocked as he missed it otherwise. Then the shitshow would have really begun. 

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

Sure bring in some competition for leggs. But let him keep the job if he looks any sharper then last season.  We let go Canadian kicker Lirim Hajrullahu Paradis, Castillo, Maher.  Not every kicker is an instant success and his numbers aren't bad for this stage of things.  

Castillo isn't Canadian.