Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

10 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

Kicking is the least of our worries IMO. As has been stated almost ad neauseam ,we need a large punishing nose tackle.

I’m sure you didn’t mean it this way, but your comment sounds like you think our roster is a disaster and we need help at so many positions…. ‘Kicking is the least of our worries’

Every team has a weakness. With the Bombers right now it’s at kicker. Every other area of our team (including nose tackle which I’m sure they’ll fill adequately) is the top of, or near the top of the league. 10 years ago most of us who were on here then, would have been ecstatic with the team Walters has assembled for 2023. Even with an inconsistent kicking game. Heck, with our receiving core we may never have to kick FG’s anyway 😁

1 hour ago, IC Khari said:

Every team has a weakness. With the Bombers right now it’s at kicker. Every other area of our team (including nose tackle which I’m sure they’ll fill adequately) is the top of, or near the top of the league. 10 years ago most of us who were on here then, would have been ecstatic with the team Walters has assembled for 2023. Even with an inconsistent kicking game. Heck, with our receiving core we may never have to kick FG’s anyway 😁

Tackle is a way bigger issue than kicker... i feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Legs is fine and still developing. ******* hard gig following medlock.

Leggz has improved each yr..and u have to remember he was what ..a 23 yr old kid when he arrived..and was basically tossed right into the fray ..I not overly concerned with the kicking game...let's revisit after game 6 before we start calling for his head

Pretty sure we will have adequate d-tackle competition in camp this yr...we are quite set at db save for injuries and I would guess our starting 6 are already set...and we also have some prospects signed ..so that whopping amount we had last couple yrs when we were needing to replace 2..3..starters isn't an issue...so bring in the beef.

31 minutes ago, Goldkobra said:

Leggs right now, is basically troy Westwood. 70% on fieldgoals, good punter. Has long stretches of brilliance and some awful games mixed in. Usually at the worst times. We rode westy for years. It's actually quite difficult to find someone better.  Not impossible though.  

Except he's 85%

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The CIS career leader in FG%.... and again this fan base wants immediate results and not letting a kid grow. This is how we end up with great kickers who started with us and ended up on other teams. 

I understand with new kickers that there will be growing pains but it has cost us games. I'm very excited for him if he can make a jump like he did from the year previous to last year this year but if not then he needs to be challenged in training camp.

Edited by Nolby

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The CIS career leader in FG%.... and again this fan base wants immediate results and not letting a kid grow. This is how we end up with great kickers who started with us and ended up on other teams. 

Like who?  Willing to go on record that in hindsight you think MOS should have coddled Hajrullahu and not pursued Medlock?  Seems to be who/what you're hinting at.

Or are you talking about Rob Pikula? 🤣

Liegghio will be the option until there's a better one, and if he remains inconsistent he forces their hand to look at other options like they did with Castillo in 2021.

There's no time to "grow" now.  It's year 3 for Liegghio and he's on a team that expects to win.  We know what Liegghio is capable of (especially as a punter) but like all positions on the field if he can't consistently meet the basic expectations and meet the standard he sets for himself too his career will be abbreviated.