Grey Cup early chat

Nolby

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

During presser this morning, Andrew Harris says he believes it will be a very pro-Argos crowd, with all the Riders fans in attendance (not sure about that...) and also that while he'd still like to play next year, he is "mulling over his future" at this point...

One day contract with the Bombers. Retire.

Based on the number of tickets for sale for the game, it seems everyone and their grandma/aunt/cousin is dumping their seats.

Did they REALLY think the Riders were going to be there? 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Based on the number of tickets for sale for the game, it seems everyone and their grandma/aunt/cousin is dumping their seats.

The ironic (don't know if that's the right word to use here), is some Rider fans won't be going not only because their team isn't there, but also because they are currently pissed with their team in the direction it's heading.

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

They were all in! They had former west mop* Cody Fajardo at qb! If only they knee brace wasn't there...

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

During presser this morning, Andrew Harris says he believes it will be a very pro-Argos crowd, with all the Riders fans in attendance (not sure about that...) and also that while he'd still like to play next year, he is "mulling over his future" at this point...

They’ve lost to us 7 straight times, you’d think they’d want to cheer for a winner for once. 

We feel right at home there - whether they cheer for us or not 

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

yes, they did... which is the best part about how terrible the team actually was

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

there's definitely something to that... flip the script and the Riders are going for the third straight GC in Winnipeg (sorry... just needed a minute to stop laughing before I can continue this analogy)... you can guarantee we'd all be Argo fans for a week

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

there's definitely something to that... flip the script and the Riders are going for the third straight GC in Winnipeg (sorry... just needed a minute to stop laughing before I can continue this analogy)... you can guarantee we'd all be Argo fans for a week

But I'm not sure we'd be at the game, is the thing....

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Maybe not. Hatred of Toronto is kind of a Western Canada thing. And although those that hate Sask REALLY hate Sask, I think some (not all) could at least respect a good Sask team and their loyal fans over a non-entity like the Argos and the media love-in to make them and their dozens of fans and NFL-wannabe owners relevant for one game. If Winnipeg hosted the Stanley Cup finals would we choose to cheer for divisional and geographic rival Minnesota over the Maple Leafs (apples to oranges a bit I know)?

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Maybe not. Hatred of Toronto is kind of a Western Canada thing. And although those that hate Sask REALLY hate Sask, I think some (not all) could at least respect a good Sask team and their loyal fans over a non-entity like the Argos and the media love-in to make them and their dozens of fans and NFL-wannabe owners relevant for one game. If Winnipeg hosted the Stanley Cup finals would we choose to cheer for divisional and geographic rival Minnesota over the Maple Leafs (apples to oranges a bit I know)?

Nah, I couldn't cheer for the Riders.

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

i hate you lol GIF