Back 2 Back Champs @ VAJ-Cats-tic Voyage: The Mahfuggin GDT!

Noeller

I saw the Calgary Sun headline that O'Shea was unhappy we lost. As good a coach as he is, I just don't get the mindset. He rests a number of veterans, plays a rookie qb in his first start & we go into BC Place & put up 32 points on a high scoring team that really should have blown us up. We have three missed FG's & 2 pick 6's. take those away we win going away.

If Mike O'Shea hates losing so much, then he should play his starters & win. He should be satisfied that his 2nd string qb looks like he has the potential to be a starter for us. that the backups played hard & the overconfident Lions had to work hard to beat us. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

https://calgarysun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/bombers-backups-hang-tough-but-ultimately-fall-to-highly-motivated-lions

Bombers coach Mike O’Shea was salty after the loss, even though it didn’t cost anything in the big picture.

“I hate losing and we lost,” O’Shea said. “I liked the way we battled, I liked the way we gave ourselves a chance at the end, but frick, we came here prepared to win a football game and it didn’t work out. It stinks.”

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I saw the Calgary Sun headline that O'Shea was unhappy we lost. As good a coach as he is, I just don't get the mindset. He rests a number of veterans, plays a rookie qb in his first start & we go into BC Place & put up 32 points on a high scoring team that really should have blown us up. We have three missed FG's & 2 pick 6's. take those away we win going away.

If Mike O'Shea hates losing so much, then he should play his starters & win. He should be satisfied that his 2nd string qb looks like he has the potential to be a starter for us. that the backups played hard & the overconfident Lions had to work hard to beat us. 

The mindset us that who ever plays is capable. And when you lose ultimately due to mistakes like missed field goals and pick 6s it's even easier to be mad about it.

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think he is setting expectations among his players, first string and backups. He is saying no excuse for losing if your not a starter. 

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't ever want a coach that excuses losing. If you are part of our team you get paid to win. I like that mindset.

Look at the team to the west, always excuses. This guy was hurt, so and so is playing injured,  blah blah blah. Vs. Back to back Champs where sure it was glorified preseason and the coach goes "doesn't matter we still should have won" and he is right.  They had every chance to win that game if not for some self-inflicted wounds.

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The fact he isn't and neither is the rest of the team... is a big reason why they are the class of the league. 

The game plan was solid- if it wasn't for two pick-sixes or the missed field goals- we win this one. I would be upset with the loss- hell, I am upset with the loss. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Look at the team to the west, always excuses. This guy was hurt, so and so is playing injured,  blah blah blah. Vs. Back to back Champs where sure it was glorified preseason and the coach goes "doesn't matter we still should have won" and he is right.  They had every chance to win that game if not for some self-inflicted wounds.

Honestly I came into that game expecting a loss, however, now that we lost I'm kind of upset that we lost because we were the better team imo.

5 hours ago, Rod Black said:

I think he is setting expectations among his players, first string and backups. He is saying no excuse for losing if your not a starter. 

yeah...he is basically conveying the anti-Craig Dickenson...and I like it...no excuses pre/post game....and thats that

BC has come away from this game not feeling to good about it...that much u can bet on...and even tho we lost, and I hate it too...s I am sure do all the players we really should have won that game...we lost basically from what happens from a first time starter making learning moment errors...and 2 were worst case result...silver lining in that is it didn't effect his play...he continued to run his full offence and went right back at it....great sign

We also found out several players who got first starts, and some first starts in a new position are 100% capable there....

39 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah...he is basically conveying the anti-Craig Dickenson...and I like it...no excuses pre/post game....and thats that

BC has come away from this game not feeling to good about it...that much u can bet on...and even tho we lost, and I hate it too...s I am sure do all the players we really should have won that game...we lost basically from what happens from a first time starter making learning moment errors...and 2 were worst case result...silver lining in that is it didn't effect his play...he continued to run his full offence and went right back at it....great sign

We also found out several players who got first starts, and some first starts in a new position are 100% capable there....

Brown seems unfazed at least not noticeably bothered about his two pic 6 throws. Not that he didn’t care, but recognized that he needed to put that behind him. Buck might have been helpful in that as well. A year to date 120 efficiency, 5 td’s, 2 ints, and basically over 240 yards passing in the second half, proves he could adjust. 
Dobson was deserving of some highlights, Adams was very serviceable - he might have got a sac too, after being released by Sk (apparently he asked for it - because of locker room poison) and Lofton can only improve from here. 
Bighill, Jeffcoat, Bryant and Hardrick are big shoes to fill. These second stringers didn’t just fall into being adequate, they were coached to win and worked to be respected by their bosses. 

Edited by Rod Black

The first pick 6 was where Brown's inexperience really showed - I'm fairly certain the throw was supposed to get released so that ball arrived just after the receiver made his turn to the sideline (a timing route).  The bobbled snap disrupted that timing and Brown tried to force the play anyways.

The receiver was open if the ball was coming just as he made his turn.

Just now, BomberfanMKS said:

The first pick 6 was where Brown's inexperience really showed - I'm fairly certain the throw was supposed to get released so that ball arrived just after the receiver made his turn to the sideline (a timing route).  The bobbled snap disrupted that timing and Brown tried to force the play anyways.

The receiver was open if the ball was coming just as he made his turn.

was totally that...he panicked and rushed it, next time I am sure he will go to a diffeent lead, or buy time and let reciever break it up feild..especially if the HB bites on it

When is the Bombers coaches show on cjob? Tuesday? Would like to hear MOS opinion of the illegal kickoff in the 4th. Does he think it was an illegal kick? He wouldn’t say in public the refs made a mistake, Id guess. Was it suppose to be a short kick, a squib, or did the camera work miss it heading out of bounds? Have the Mafia asked the league for further clarity on the call? 
can’t listen to it on Tuesday, I’ll be busy in some mom’s basement - for real, so if it’s mentioned, a comment here would be cool! 

Edited by Rod Black