Back 2 Back Champs @ VAJ-Cats-tic Voyage: The Mahfuggin GDT!

Noeller

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

They do know the rules. On a kickoff the receiving player can step out of bounds, stay out of bounds, and files the ball in bounds and it is considered an illegal kickoff. Illegal participation is where a player goes out of bounds without being forced out and re-enters the files of play to play the ball. Here the BC player deliberately stepped out of bounds and fielded the ball, which makes the ball out of bounds. 

If that’s the rule,fine. Seems weird tho. 

I hope BC feels really good about that win... because the bombers treating it like a preseason game gave them all they could handle and with some better kicking likely win the game. 

BC gonna get it handed to them in Winnipeg no matter who the bombers choose to play. 

2 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

If that’s the rule,fine. Seems weird tho. 

If that's the rule it's a god damned stupid ******* rule. 

8 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

They do know the rules. On a kickoff the receiving player can step out of bounds, stay out of bounds, and field the ball in bounds and it is considered an illegal kickoff. Illegal participation is where a player goes out of bounds without being forced out and re-enters the field of play to play the ball. Here the BC player deliberately stepped out of bounds and fielded the ball, which makes the ball out of bounds. 

By your definition it's also illegal participation 🤔

That rule is beyond dumb anywaya

They do know the rules. On a kickoff the receiving player can step out of bounds, stay out of bounds, and field the ball in bounds and it is considered an illegal kickoff. Illegal participation is where a player goes out of bounds without being forced out and re-enters the field of play to play the ball. Here the BC player deliberately stepped out of bounds and fielded the ball, which makes the ball out of bounds. 

That rule is beyond dumb anyways

That rule is beyond dumb anyways

Edit: well that's weird and I'm on my phone and can't figure out how to fix this easily.

Edited by BBlink

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I hope BC feels really good about that win... because the bombers treating it like a preseason game gave them all they could handle and with some better kicking likely win the game. 

BC gonna get it handed to them in Winnipeg no matter who the bombers choose to play. 

If that's the rule it's a god damned stupid ******* rule. 

Imagine Zach,  Kyrie,  Ellingson,  the o-line, Jeffcoat... all coming back in cold weather against BC?     Not going to be pleasant day for the Lions.  

14 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Tricky interpretation.  If he's standing on the sideline and field the ball in the air, or on a bounce, sure.  He's got one foot in, one out and picks the ball off the turf in bounds.

IMO that's illegal participation.

Here's the relevant section bolded to emphasize the particular situation:

It is illegal for a player of either team to go out of bounds, without contact with an opponent, and to reach back into or re-enter the field of play to touch or recover a loose ball.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

21 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

They should really change that rule. It kinda punishes kickers for managing to have the ball settle in the field of play near the sideline, which sometimes is what you want.

It is weird. I get the illegal kick off if the receiving player catches the ball out of bounds, but the pigskin laying on the field, hard to understand. It’s possible the ref was convinced by the BC player. It better get sorted our for every game from here if the ref was wrong. 

Edited by Rod Black

Just now, 17to85 said:

I still think this is BC trying to sell hope and or trying to play mind games with their potential playoff opponents. 

VAJ or Rourke it doesn't matter. We can handle those ***** cats.

I honestly can't believe Rourke's agent would let him play in a competitive game 10 weeks after an injury with a 6 month timeline given his obvious shot at the NFL this off-season when he's at full health.  That right there is negligent.

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I hope if Rourke plays and is carted off the field that the lions and their medical staff along with tsn who was pushing the narrative all night are held responsible.  This is like the Tua stuff from nfl but our media seems to want to rush back the injured player 

The announcers need something to generate excitement. Faint hope for Rourkes early return. 

Just now, Rod Black said:

It is weird. I get the illegal kick off if the receiving player catches the ball out of bounds, but laying on the field, hard to understand. It’s possible the ref was convinced by the BC player. It better get sorted our for every game from here if the ref was wrong. 

Yeah if he fields it standing out of bounds, even if it's bounced up in the air over the field of play I agree it's an illegal kickoff.

But fielding it on the turf, one foot in, one foot out is illegal participation..."reaching back into the field of play"

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I honestly can't believe Rourke's agent would let him play in a competitive game 10 weeks after an injury with a 6 month timeline given his obvious shot at the NFL this off-season when he's at full health.  That right there is negligent.

The only thing I've been thinking is that they've been in contact with people in the NFL and they want to see something specific on tape.

Imagine Rourke spends another season in the CFL at $65,000 plus incentives because he tweaks his foot and needs another surgery on it.  Then in that next CFL season comes down to earth.  The NFL is out the window at that point.  It's all about timing, and his time to make that NFL jump is RFN.

29 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Tricky interpretation.  If he's standing on the sideline and field the ball in the air, or on a bounce, sure.  He's got one foot in, one out and picks the ball off the turf in bounds.

IMO that's illegal participation.

Here's the relevant section bolded to emphasize the particular situation:

It is illegal for a player of either team to go out of bounds, without contact with an opponent, and to reach back into or re-enter the field of play to touch or recover a loose ball.

I don’t disagree with you that this seems inconsistent, especially when his deliberate intent seems clear here. I am looking into a possible explanation as to why the rule is the way it is, hopefully my source can give me a coherent answer. 

Nothing to hang our heads about tonight. BC acting like they won the Grey Cup says all you need to know about their team and ours considering we were playing with what was essentially a B team. All that said...

- For a first start I was very impressed with Dru Brown. He certainly played better than Adams and you could say he looked better than Cornelius or anything that Ottawa has trotted out all year.

- Grant, as previously stated is just fine.

- Our special teams kick and punt coverage is not.

- Not going to harp on Legs too much. I wonder if he was maybe getting under the ball a bit too much on those kicks considering the kick he made in Saskatchewan, and I highly doubt our coaching staff would trot him out if they felt those kicks were outside his range.

- Desmond Lawrence may not want to unpack the rest of his belongings since he arrived in town. Time for another apple and a road map.

- BA looked awesome! Re-establishing that physical presence over the middle.

- Really happy for Rasheed Bailey. He's mostly been an after thought behind Demski, Schoen and Ellingson. A great leader and foot soldier who got rewarded tonight for all he does.

- Don't love not trying the onside kick, but nothing I'll lose sleep over in a meaningless game.

- Stamps or Lions, don't care. Bombers by 30 in the west final.