Back 2 Back Champs @ VAJ-Cats-tic Voyage: The Week Of Thread

Noeller

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

I’m surprised by this… I’ve always had good food and great service there.  Their Gokstad IPA is a pretty solid beer.

I haven't been there since early 2020 (pre-pandemic) but the food and service were excellent the few times I'd been. Their beers are pretty good, too. Haze Bomb is a personal fave I enjoy on many a gameday and their stall at Beer Fest back in August was awesome.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how the team performs tomorrow. Should be some pretty good experience for those depth players.

4 hours ago, Goldkobra said:

I don't get the hype about brazen hall. The food sucks, the service is terrible and their house beer tastes like chilled piss.

Amazing. Chilled piss indeed. I wasn't sure how to describe it.

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

As long as it isn't Molson Pilsner you can drink what you want as far as I am concerned.

Haha - I can confirm that's not it.

not to continue to derail this thread (of which I'm very proud).......but some thoughts on the beer of it all: 

-Brazen is fine. The Haze Bomb is what my wife and I drink at the games. It's great. I've been to the restaurant once and I enjoyed it. It was a little "fancy" for my tastes, IIRC, but it was nice. It was the first place I ever went where they had the one giant, open-concept washroom area, completely gender neutral, and in this age of gender fluidity and inclusivity, I thought that was a really cool idea.

-TCB is just more like my kinda place. The pizza is great, I love the big long tables, and of course the beer is excellent. The Lamplighter is my favourite core (I'll always favour Reds/Ambers) but they have several that are really well done. 

It all comes down to personal preference, but as long as you're drinking something made in Manitoba, with "as local as possible" ingredients, by Manitoba brewmasters......then you're doing it right. 

25 minutes ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

Big Rock has their assorted pack at Costco, which is what I normally pick up.

Craft Beer | Big Rock Brewery (bigrockbeer.com)

Ain't nothing wrong with a cold 'Hopper on a warm summer day, and the Trad is a great option pretty much anytime, but I particularly appreciate it during fall/winter... 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

so dumb of them...why is he so special that he will heal well before the normal process....playing with fire

If he plays....and since the game means nothing to us we, I hope we just send constant heat/blitzes...and pressures and just be as physical as we can within the rules...10 bucks says he doesn't finish the game...and won't be dressed again

Edited by Booch

3 hours ago, johnzo said:

Brown getting a big opportunity to make a splash ... but down three starting hogs.  Ouch.

Atleast he’s getting some good guys into the right spots. Kola at guard will be fine and couture to c is an upgrade. Gray won’t be Bryant at lt but I have high expectations for him. Dobson is a mean nasty earth moving dude who will finally get to play inside. Lofton is scary but to have kept him soo long with soo many other imp ol they have to see some thing in him. Holding my breath on that spot but other wise the remain four spots are guys who deserve a shot at starting. It’s going to be better than the ol we fielded late last year after Richmond went down. That was ugly. 

3 hours ago, BomberfanMKS said:

Yeh I haven't been since before covid, but I quite liked the food at Brazen Hall a couple of years ago at least.

Same here. I always found the food to be very good and my some what limited business with kristjan were fantastic. Tbh I’ve never seen any one have issue with BH. I hope it hasn’t fallen soo low. It was a gem. 

3 hours ago, JCon said:

Happy to see our future LT getting some reps and giving the legend a week off to heal up. 

Truth. And a future interior ol in Dobson. Could be guard or center long term. I’ve never seen a more powerful violent ol in college. He averaged 13 pancakes a game at Maine. That’s a really good season for many ol. Played 4 positions in his lone year in Texas state. After seeing him in person at the fan appreciation day he is 100% legit at his listed weight. Dudes lost a ton of gut. 

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Rushing him back for the play offs would’ve been reckless and stupid. Rushing him back for that game is a whole other level of incompetence. Even if it ends up being for home field in the semi that’s not worth it. If I was doman id tell Campbell if he tries to start rourke in the regular season he can pack his bags. If mos said that about collaros in the same situation I’d be sick. 

Also, both Calgary and bc would be better served to play the semi in Calgary. Playing that game in the dome then coming to a cold nasty Winnipeg weather is a massive mountain to over come. 

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

so dumb of them...why is he so special that he will heal well before the normal process....playing with fire

If he plays....and since the game means nothing to us we, I hope we just send constant heat/blitzes...and pressures and just be as physical as we can within the rules...10 bucks says he doesn't finish the game...and won't be dressed again

The Lions & Campbell are so damned desperate. The kid ain't ready. The other thing is Rourke himself & especially his agent. The guy wants an NFL shot so why risk a permanent long term injury? Especially for the money they're paying him which is peanuts. NFL teams shut their players down for a year after this injury happens. Everyone associated with this injury are stupid here. Like Booch says, okay play the kid. It's on all of them if something bad happens. 

I'm laughing out loud at folks who are pretending they know that BC's rushing Rourke. Internet DR's pretending they know what they're talking about. :D

Rourke may or may not be ready by the last game of the season on the 29th. If he's ready then he'll play. If not, he won't. I can't imagine that the Lions would force him back on the field before he's ready. That'd be crazy and they're not crazy.

8 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm laughing out loud at folks who are pretending they know that BC's rushing Rourke. Internet DR's pretending they know what they're talking about. :D

Rourke may or may not be ready by the last game of the season on the 29th. If he's ready then he'll play. If not, he won't. I can't imagine that the Lions would force him back on the field before he's ready. That'd be crazy and they're not crazy.

Well, most of us laugh out loud at what you post here so carry on. 

21 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I am so sick of all the Rourke stuff already. Between the "will he won't he" injury drama, and the media slowly leaking out articles to justify their eventual BS vote for him as MOP, I am over it.

Honestly it’d be hilarious if they gave him the mop and collaros led us to another gc. Like when Harris was snubbed in 19 then won moc and mop in the grey cup. 
 People around the cfl just love to give the bombers bulletin board material. 

38 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Lions & Campbell are so damned desperate. The kid ain't ready. The other thing is Rourke himself & especially his agent. The guy wants an NFL shot so why risk a permanent long term injury? Especially for the money they're paying him which is peanuts. NFL teams shut their players down for a year after this injury happens. Everyone associated with this injury are stupid here. Like Booch says, okay play the kid. It's on all of them if something bad happens. 

yup...major dice role on a lot of levels

26 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

and this injury and surgery has never...ever had an unprecedented "miracle" recovery period...and never will...the nature of what was done...the pieces needing to be put in place and the function of what it is intended to do wont allow for it...It may feel "fine" and hopping and running around under no duress...or strain of another human pulling u down in addition to your own weight and torque you will be putting on it is another whole ball of wax....and if he gets a re-occurrencethen he could quite likely ruin his career, or any chance of ever being 100 percent back to health....those are facts and not laughable statements by "pretenders" on a forum

I was a Kinesiology student before i did my engineering, have had 11 surgeries myself, and seen too many rehab situations (from myself and teammates) to count...and coming back in this time frame has never occured....go dig and find one...i wish you luck

I would hope BC signs a waiver they not liable for any further damage if Rourke is driving this train...or Rourke signs one that they are if it's reversed...cause its just plain dumb...and borders on malpractice by their staff....and surgeon...plus how is the team able to insure him if this happens....wont happen...trust me as my demise came essentially when I became un-insurable for injury

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup...major dice role on a lot of levels

and this injury and surgery has never...ever had an unprecedented "miracle" recovery period...and never will...the nature of what was done...the pieces needing to be put in place and the function of what it is intended to do wont allow for it...It may feel "fine" and hopping and running around under no duress...or strain of another human pulling u down in addition to your own weight and torque you will be putting on it is another whole ball of wax....and if he gets a re-occurrencethen he could quite likely ruin his career, or any chance of ever being 100 percent back to health....those are facts and not laughable statements by "pretenders" on a forum

I was a Kinesiology student before i did my engineering, have had 11 surgeries myself, and seen too many rehab situations (from myself and teammates) to count...and coming back in this time frame has never occured....go dig and find one...i wish you luck

I would hope BC signs a waiver they not liable for any further damage if Rourke is driving this train...or Rourke signs one that they are if it's reversed...cause its just plain dumb...and borders on malpractice by their staff....and surgeon...plus how is the team able to insure him if this happens....wont happen...trust me as my demise came essentially when I became un-insurable for injury

Najee Harris has been playing like crap, but he's been playing.

EDIT: Harris did not require surgery, of course.

Edited by Jesse
mistake