Weak (week) 15 Non Back-to-Back Champions games

Geebrr

11 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

“That was the plan the whole time. The guys fought their butts off. They’re protecting with six and sometimes seven and we still got pressure on the quarterback,” Jones said.

What a **** slap to the face that comment is. 

You’re rushing 3 on 6 and getting pressure?

And Sask OL isn't even screwing up really.  They make a pocket, the OT's ride the ends out of the play, Fajardo looks downfield and can't decide what to do vs 9 in coverage and just starts spinning around until he's bumping into his own guys and getting sacked.

2 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Around 3:03 of the game highlights posted on cfl.ca.

You can see Marshal giving a "throw it over here" wave at Corny for a few seconds before the snap and then Mitchell just owns him on the go route.

I don’t doubt this is true and it is fantastic 

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

And Sask OL isn't even screwing up really.  They make a pocket, the OT's ride the ends out of the play, Fajardo looks downfield and can't decide what to do vs 9 in coverage and just starts spinning around until he's bumping into his own guys and getting sacked.

We should be doing a lot of this on the 30th.

I’m sure it has been mentioned but Edmonton did this without Lawler.

By far their best offensive player 

Like Stegall in the late 90s

Duke Williams has essentially been benched at this point? They said he would be ready for Labour Day 

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Player safety? :D Sure, the extra 2 seconds on 2 or 3 plays a month are a player safety issue. Talk about a blowingly stupid thing to say. 

The reality is that the right team should always get the ball. If Refs on the field get it wrong, then the CC should be able to give the ball to the right team.

'No clear recovery' doesn't come into effect until after the whistle has blown. So, yes, the whistle is a big part of the problem. If they don't whistle until their has been a clear recovery, then the right team gets the ball, which is the only fair way to do things.

You like to whatabout other plays instead of dealing with the play the Refs got wrong in the first place. I'm not talking about other plays and you know it. FTR: The Riders had chances to overcome the bad call, but that doesn't change the fact that their was a bad call that gave the wrong team 7 undeserved points.

I say the rule is wrong because the wrong team gets the ball & it can be fixed without changes by simply waiting for the ball to be recovered. Last night the Elks got 7 points they didn't deserve because the refs got the call wrong & won by 2. In our Stamps game, we got 3 points we didn't deserve from a wrong call by the refs & won by 2. That's 2 games in the last month or so that have been won in a large part by a bad call by the refs giving the ball to the wrong team that couldn't be fixed by the CC.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47jmu9zjizx0bqzdci26

4 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Fajardo is regressing hard.

That spin move is a good power move if there's already contact on him, but he's just doing it constantly in the pocket, taking his eyes away from both the rush and any hope of throwing downfield, usually putting himself in a worse position.

It reminds me of playing Madden on the Super Nintendo and accidentally hammering on the the top bumper buttons which would make the player do a bizarre spin which usually resulted in getting tackled instantly.   

Fajardo looked absolutely ridiculous in the 4th quarter when he would do it with nobody around him. 

14 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It reminds me of playing Madden on the Super Nintendo and accidentally hammering on the the top bumper buttons which would make the player do a bizarre spin which usually resulted in getting tackled instantly.   

Fajardo looked absolutely ridiculous in the 4th quarter when he would do it with nobody around him. 

Qbs practice this move all the time. It's a D Gap escape from the Edge rusher as they call it in this video. The problem is Fajardo uses it all the time which is why it's so noticeable. The thing I've never figured  out is why the edge rushers keep coming at the guy on a hard shallow angle while knowing he'll try to escape the opposite way. They explain this at 1:35. It's not from Madden or Super Nintendo. 

Official call: (12:48) T. CORNELIUS Run QB Sneak (0 yds), T. CORNELIUS Fumble forced by D. SANKEY, Recovered by T. CORNELIUS at S1 (0 yds), Tackle: D. SANKEY, PLAY REVIEWED (Coach): Call Stands, CHALLENGE: Saskatchewan challenged for a fumble recovery.

I'm not sure how Cornelius recovers a ball that was behind him, but that means you are right & I'm wrong. It was called a fumble and recovery by the Elks.

Flame away folks.

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The thing I've never figured  out is why the edge rushers keep coming at the guy on a hard shallow angle while knowing he'll try to escape the opposite way.

There was a great example last game of Jeffcoat knowing it was coming, playing it and causing a massive loss of yards because of it. Saw the Lks D sit and wait for it a few times last night too. Play contain on fajardo and he will sack himself.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

got this from a site called " the football database"

dont know how accurate this is.

Duron Carter 2022

games played 8

solo tackles   12

assisted tackles   0

int      1

Duron, giving it his all, for his beloved elks.

If he doesn't stick somewhere in the CFL or such, he has to go live at his parents' house.

51 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Qbs practice this move all the time. It's a D Gap escape from the Edge rusher as they call it in this video. The problem is Fajardo uses it all the time which is why it's so noticeable. The thing I've never figured  out is why the edge rushers keep coming at the guy on a hard shallow angle while knowing he'll try to escape the opposite way. They explain this at 1:35. It's not from Madden or Super Nintendo. 

Lol I know it didn't originate from a Super Nintendo Game...  I was trying to say he uses the spin move at the wrong time similar to when I used to play Madden on the SNES and would accidentally hit the spin button rather then the turbo/speed burst button.       

33 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

There was a great example last game of Jeffcoat knowing it was coming, playing it and causing a massive loss of yards because of it. Saw the Lks D sit and wait for it a few times last night too. Play contain on fajardo and he will sack himself.

Yup, right after the TD to Moore got called back JJ let him walk right into a take down. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Lol I know it didn't originate from a Super Nintendo Game...  I was trying to say he uses the spin move at the wrong time similar to when I used to play Madden on the SNES and would accidentally hit the spin button rather then the turbo/speed burst button.       

He uses it more than any other qb. The defenses should account for that on the backside rush off the edge. He should get pancaked after three seasons as a starter.