Weak (week) 15 Non Back-to-Back Champions games

Geebrr

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

wonder why they releasd him/...he was one of their better, if not best dlineman for most of the season

According to 3DN, he was recently taken off the active roster due to a ratio change with Canadian rookie Nathan Cherry taking over the starting job.  Also Woody Baron coming off the 6 game for the first time this season.

27 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’d be on the phone. We need depth there and he was good for them this year.

agree....and I sure he would love to join us for those back to backs...and chance to be 1 game away from Grey Cup...Dude is good and certainly his intimate knowledge of BC's schemes and lingo wouldn't hurt...if anything would make them have to change things up against us, which would likely cause some miscues

21 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

According to 3DN, he was recently taken off the active roster due to a ratio change with Canadian rookie Nathan Cherry taking over the starting job.  Also Woody Baron coming off the 6 game for the first time this season.

Yeah seen that...basically a ratio thing...He would be a nice rotation with the Jeff's....and has middle of Line experience too, so be a nice piece when we run all DE types for Cheetah

Edited by Booch

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Tim Bonner cut by the Lions, 6-5" 250 lbs. and only 26, he's a DT but maybe he can play outside.

https://3downnation.com/2022/09/21/b-c-lions-release-defensive-tackle-tim-bonner/

Totally. I’d love to see him as a 4i end and as a twist on our cheetah package. 
 We could run him Wj and jj with. The stunt potential with him would be tremendous. 
 He could play 4i with sayles in a 2i alignment.  Twists would be incredibly hard to defend for the opposing ol. Then you can essentially counter act not having a nt by forcing three ol to defend those two. 
 We could deploy Wj as a stand up rusher, and we could use a run stopping 30 front with him jake and lawson. That lets you spell Wj and jj or throw either in with a stand up rush or line them up in a 3-4 over with a straight line to the qb. 

it’s open up soo much versatility and that’s some thing that our defense thrives on. 

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

But he is NOT the immovable object nose tackle we really need.

No...but we sorely missing a rotational end ..heck any dlineman to offset loss of Hansen and Kongbo...that rotation of ends is really hampering us..especially when we had lots of sets with de's in the middle...and we were very good against run...we need a few pieces and an experienced one in CFL game..and in CFL game shape would be huge

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

But he is NOT the immovable object nose tackle we really need.

No but in a perfect world I’d bring him in and a nose. You could ensure every snap the ol was given fits and every one was kept well rested. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

No...but we sorely missing a rotational end ..heck any dlineman to offset loss of Hansen and Kongbo...that rotation of ends is really hampering us..especially when we had lots of sets with de's in the middle...and we were very good against run...we need a few pieces and an experienced one in CFL game..and in CFL game shape would be huge

We went from getting pressure with every dl on the roster to struggling to get pressure with our stars. 
 This is the repercussions from being too good in the cfl. It’ll take time to re establish the depth long term. But right now we need some plug n play guys. 

5 minutes ago, Stickem said:

We're certainly missing the Stove.....talk about immovable objects.....Which brings me to, that may be another reason for Bonners release, Richardson might be on his way to their lineup....They said he would/could be ready towards the end of the season....

Given the injury Richardson sustained and how long he has been out of action, when he returns he will not be up to speed for some time- good news for the Bombers should they meet the Lions in the playoffs.

RE: Hamilton vs Montreal

Am rooting for Hamilton for several reasons: Evans' brave disclosure about his struggles and for the faithful TiCat fans who deserve a good team. They are one of the three teams I would not mind losing a game to, the others being the RedBlacks and the Beastly Lions.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Because **** anyone who isn't us... 

that makes no sense. 

need competitive teams, or there wont be a league, or a bomber team for you to follow.

hope ticats have a **** qb. then complain cause nobody goes to their games, and the cfl has financial problems.

Edited by Mark F