Stumps @ Back 2 Back Champs: Week Of Thread

Noeller

22 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Man oh man Ellingson needs to get healthy.

22 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Man oh man Ellingson needs to get healthy.

Because of our porous O-line and lack of a deep threat, most of the passing plays must, by necessity, be hot routes in the 5-15 yard range, and that is where Ellingson makes a big contribution, so yeah. he better get well soon. On that note, anyone have any insight as to when our regular and very good center will be back?

42 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

If Neufeld was just doing scout work today I wonder if they go three American OL (Witt off the PR)? Still would let you start 7 Canadians.

Would be good imo.  But I suspect they’d go with Lofton who was scary bad at tackle in pre season. Maybe he’d be less atrocious at guard. Sure wish Richmond was healthy. He would’ve already taken a starting job if healthy imo. 

59 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Would be good imo.  But I suspect they’d go with Lofton who was scary bad at tackle in pre season. Maybe he’d be less atrocious at guard. Sure wish Richmond was healthy. He would’ve already taken a starting job if healthy imo. 

From who? The bomber were always going Cdn in the interior and he wasn't beating out Bryant or Hardrick...

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

From who? The bomber were always going Cdn in the interior and he wasn't beating out Bryant or Hardrick...

No one has been soo good this year that their job is safe. It’s very likely that he would’ve taken a guard spot or we would’ve moved a tackle inside if we have one capable. 
 These things are not set in stone long term that’s just not how football roster management works. Every thing is fluid week to week. 
 This is handily the worst ol play we’ve seen since the drew Willy days. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

No one has been soo good this year that their job is safe. It’s very likely that he would’ve taken a guard spot or we would’ve moved a tackle inside if we have one capable. 
 These things are not set in stone long term that’s just not how football roster management works. Every thing is fluid week to week. 

One of Walters big jobs this off season will be to to try & rebuild our OL before it gets to 2014 & 15 level of play. Right now, We have enough pieces that we only have to change one or 2 positions. Obviously, Neufeld is on the bubble. If we can sign a talented & younger OG we need to do that. I think he's at the end of the road as a starter. Big Stan hasn't had a dominant season as we're used to but does he have enough in the tank to play another season. He may retire. So, we may also be looking for a new starting LT. 

37 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

One of Walters big jobs this off season will be to to try & rebuild our OL before it gets to 2014 & 15 level of play. Right now, We have enough pieces that we only have to change one or 2 positions. Obviously, Neufeld is on the bubble. If we can sign a talented & younger OG we need to do that. I think he's at the end of the road as a starter. Big Stan hasn't had a dominant season as we're used to but does he have enough in the tank to play another season. He may retire. So, we may also be looking for a new starting LT. 

Yeah not really a concern mid-season but I expect they'll have to replace a tackle and a guard, maybe upgrade/replace the other guard.

What the o-line looks like in a year or two is a big deal for sure.

Certainly the injuries have affected play as well.  Some have mentioned linemen at times trying to a little too much to help the guy next to him, and their own assignments suffer a bit for it.

These guys needed rest and healing in the worst way, and even with a bye week in the books I’m worried AF for Zach over the next stretch of games.  You know Sask d-linemen have zero discipline and will take every liberty possible with our o-line and qb.  

Last thing anyone wants to see is the league’s last standing elite pivot go down to the green qb wreckers.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah not really a concern mid-season but I expect they'll have to replace a tackle and a guard, maybe upgrade/replace the other guard.

Some posters here don't think much of Geoff Gray but to me he's a valuable player along that line where he can play guard or slide out to tackle if need be. He's not the problem at starting LG, it's Neufeld starting at RG. I can't see him playing as a starter much past this season. Always something bothering him which affects his performance. We need someone better if he isn't playing at 100% because of injuries. 

16 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I'd bet a years salary that the Goat of Goats job is safe.