Former Bombers in NFL (and spring leagues) news

29 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Streve needs  more games to secure a pension....I hope he can hang in there till he accomplishes that....then come back to the CFL...His game is more suited here

According to folks on Twitter, he only needed 3 more games to qualify for his pension, going into the season.  He got one in October, his second last night and based on what we saw , he should be in the line-up next week.

EDIT - Dunk said it was 6 games so he might be a more reliable source than randoms on Twitter.

Edited by bigg jay

Im hoping he does enough in the next couple of games if he gets a chance to be considered a backup next season to White. I think Zach Wilson will be traded and they will get rid of Flacco. Might actually be a potential landing spot for Nathan Rourke. Wouldn't it be interesting if Rourke ended up competing with Streveler for a backup job in the NFL?

I doubt that he comes back to Winnipeg when he's done in the NFL.  With the progress he's made in the passing department I think there will be a team in the CFL or XFL that offers him starting money. 

52 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Im hoping he does enough in the next couple of games if he gets a chance to be considered a backup next season to White. I think Zach Wilson will be traded and they will get rid of Flacco. Might actually be a potential landing spot for Nathan Rourke. Wouldn't it be interesting if Rourke ended up competing with Streveler for a backup job in the NFL?

I doubt that he comes back to Winnipeg when he's done in the NFL.  With the progress he's made in the passing department I think there will be a team in the CFL or XFL that offers him starting money. 

Feel bad he missed on that sure td pass. Completed it but it was ugly. Probably. Nervous

On 2022-12-23 at 7:35 AM, bustamente said:

If White can't go in 10 days you think that Streveler would get a chance to start, Flacco is done, Wilson is terrible so why not give Streveler a chance, you never know.

Politics. Wilson was drafted & Streveler is a free agent signing. If Strev could throw he'd be a starter down there. He can't make all the throws. Same issues as always. Just like Tim Tebow. 

23 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

I mean Collaros because of have good he is throwing on the run or off balance.

There is a coaching term for throwing off balance. Once a qb leaves the pocket & throws on the run it's now called "throwing off platform". Collaros has changed his throwing fundamaentals. He throws the New Way as it's being called as it's so new. Just like Mahomes, Burrows, Hurts, Murray, Tua in Miami, Rodgers, Herbert & Wilson do. He made the change & has really found success with the Bombers. Kids now want to throw like that. They're being trained to do so. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27