TSN willed the Bombers to Defeat

30 minutes ago, Potential said:

Well, that was exactly the point I was making - the sheer hypocrisy of the sports media to have this position when we are a pillar of stability and strength financially for the league right now, is head-scratching.

I've been trying to be positive and galvanize support for the team because some were having a hard time with the loss... and then get a bunch of eye rolls. 

I think I'm going to take a break from this place for a while.

It was a nice gesture- a little over the top, but really nice though.

Ignore the haters, dismiss the eyerolls and just continue your unabashed support of the Bombers - there are some that appreciate it.

13 hours ago, Potential said:

First thing's first, no one outside of Manitoba wants the Bombers doing well, for the same reason no one outside of Manitoba wants the Jets doing well: we're small potatoes media-wise compared to all other markets. How dare Winnipeg have success over the Torontos, Vancouvers and Montreals! The Bombers are the little guys, they're supposed to get beat down, and they're supposed to take their lumps and like it. They should consider themselves lucky to even be in this league!

What does that mean? Our road to any modicum of success is always going to be longer, harder and more arduous than the other markets. We're always going to be scrutinized harder, judged harsher, never be given the benefit of the doubt, and we have to play near perfect to earn any attention or respect in this league.

So to any players that read this forum: let this motivate you.

How do you beat a bully? Punch them in the teeth. Make the critics eat their words by being the best.

Be proud. Play professionally. Play for one another. Play as a team.

That is what we do. That is Blue Bomber football.

You're not exactly wrong here. There does seem to be this How can tiny little winnipeg be better than these bigger markets for sure. Not just cfl exclusive that's for sure. Sportsnet openly cheering for Montreal over the Jets or Even Vegas a few years back told me all I needed to know. Fun fact tho, those fat out of shape neckbeards spewing crap on tsn or sportsnet? They just jealous and their opinion is worth as much as mine or yours. Aka not much. 

33 minutes ago, johnzo said:

I don't blame TSN for the loss.  I blame the W jerseys and the blue pajama pants, those should go in the bargain bin atop all the Jason Vega cammos.

dress like a champ? play like a champ.

dress ugly? play ugly.

QED

Win or lose, those uniforms were so ugly I would bet dogs would not pee on them.

4 hours ago, johnzo said:

I don't blame TSN for the loss.  I blame the W jerseys and the blue pajama pants, those should go in the bargain bin atop all the Jason Vega cammos.

dress like a champ? play like a champ.

dress ugly? play ugly.

QED

Id bet lots of fans feel this way. id bet players don’t. 

On 2022-08-14 at 7:56 PM, Eternal optimist said:

You'll lose some along the way. The way I look at it, they probably should've lost the two mentioned above, but they were blessed by the Football Gods. So on that level they're 2-1.

I was kinda of thinking about this recently... lets say three things happened differently so far this year... 1) Bede makes the extra point and Tor goes on to win... 2) Jordan makes the TD catch and Cgy goes on to win... 3) Liegghio makes the final second kick to beat the Als last week...

The team goes into the bye winning a back-to-back and 8-2 (still first based on points)... is there any panic in that scenario?... not necessarily suggesting there is panic now... but it feels like everyone would probably be happier going into the bye on a winning note

14 minutes ago, bearpants said:

. but it feels like everyone would probably be happier going into the bye on a winning note

Definitely a lot of anxiety with how things went down. Have more concern over the game on the 25th than I've had in awhile. But, it seems like every time I'm concerned about a loss (prior to the last games vs Stamps and Lions) we do just fine. So here's hoping, anyhow. I start my holidays on Friday and unfortunately have to spend a couple days in The Gap before we head home to MB, and I just hate that stretch, with the Bombers coming off a loss. So much ammunition for the assholes, especially the ones claiming we don't have a kicker. Oi. Need a win on the 25th to shut the idiots up and get back to normal. 

35 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I was kinda of thinking about this recently... lets say three things happened differently so far this year... 1) Bede makes the extra point and Tor goes on to win... 2) Jordan makes the TD catch and Cgy goes on to win... 3) Liegghio makes the final second kick to beat the Als last week...

The team goes into the bye winning a back-to-back and 8-2 (still first based on points)... is there any panic in that scenario?... not necessarily suggesting there is panic now... but it feels like everyone would probably be happier going into the bye on a winning note

The team is held to a higher standard now after back-to-back Cup wins, so nerves get a bit frayed when/if we lose, or even if we win unimpressively. Not sure if it is a holdover from the misery of 29 years of futility where we default to negativity (see the Collaros trade thread or the fire O’Shea thread) or if it is just the fact of fandom, regardless of team. Perspective for the big picture can often get lost in the emotional heat of the moment.

Big picture, this team has played very well defensively in terms of points against but has some holes when it comes to yardage given up. The bend don’t break style has been quite Gumby-ish at times, but IMO is still the class of the league. Offensively we have been more than a bit uneven. Points scored are down, the running game is not the powerhouse it was with Harris (even with Oliviera picking it up the last 4 weeks - do people realize he is leading the league now?), our receiving corps has played well but suffered inconsistency with the injuries. Our o-line has been weaker, with its most exposed game last time out, so recency bias makes it look like a glaring problem. Special teams is probably much better overall than last year, but again regency bias makes us sweat because the last game reminds us all of last year and triggers “the sky is falling, can’t trust our kicking at all” comments from some.

Would we feel better at 8-2 coming off a win than 9-1 coming off a loss? Yes, for the first three days or so after the game. But either record should not detract from the deficiencies on our game this season that could bite us later on. Is there cause for concern? I’d say yes, our offence needs to look better and more consistent especially, and we are not playing anywhere near as dominantly as a 9-1 record would suggest. 

In the same breath, does concern equate with saying we are not that good? Absolutely not. We are 9-1 because good teams find ways to win bad games, and great teams find ways to do it consistently. None of these problems we are having are fatal yet, we have the talent base and the experience to look and play sharper, and when we have played our best (BC and Calgary on the road) we have looked like world beaters. Better if we could have done it more than twice in 10 games, but many factors at play (no byes, short weeks, injuries, heavy road schedule, being the team no one else will take lightly). And despite not playing near to our best football, we are 9-1 and better positioned than any other team in the CFL right now. So even with the problems, we are positioned really well and as always will be judged in the overall picture on our playoff success, not a random week 11 game. Just my thoughts on things.

Others will have their point of view, and all opinions, right or wrong (as measured by a truly objective outsider, if that can even exist amongst fan bases) are valid, and is what makes fan boards an engaging, infuriating, enjoyable, and fun community to be in. Life is good now if our biggest concern is being 9-1 and not 10-0, and that we can vent our spleens a bit about missed kicks and be immersed in the passion of a good football team we expect/demand/hope for/ receive great things from. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

On 2022-08-12 at 3:25 PM, sportmentary2012 said:

I knew the blue would be hard pressed to go undefeated but I do not recall such biased announcing as has happened the last few bomber games since watching the Jets play anyone on Hockey Night in Canada.

Those clowns, perhaps not the panel, but everyone else wanted the bombers to lose. It is ridiculous since this is the least arrogant ( excluding Mr. Miller) organization ever.

Am I wearing blue coloured goggles on this one? 

If anything, you WANT media to be against the Bombers.   More flak, means more drive.  Trust me, as a Patriots fan, you don't want to go undefeated.  ;)

Edited by basslicker

14 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The team is held to a higher standard now after back-to-back Cup wins, so nerves get a bit frayed when/if we lose, or even if we win unimpressively. Not sure if it is a holdover from the misery of 29 years of futility where we default to negativity (see the Collaros trade thread or the fire O’Shea thread) or if it is just the fact of fandom, regardless of team. Perspective for the big picture can often get lost in the emotional heat of the moment.

Big picture, this team has played very well defensively in terms of points against but has some holes when it comes to yardage given up. The bend don’t break style has been quite Gumby-ish at times, but IMO is still the class of the league. Offensively we have been more than a bit uneven. Points scored are down, the running game is not the powerhouse it was with Harris (even with Oliviera picking it up the last 4 weeks - do people realize he is leading the league now?), our receiving corps has played well but suffered inconsistency with the injuries. Our o-line has been weaker, with its most exposed game last time out, so recency bias makes it look like a glaring problem. Special teams is probably much better overall than last year, but again regency bias makes us sweat because the last game reminds us all of last year and triggers “the sky is falling, can’t trust our kicking at all” comments from some.

Would we feel better at 8-2 coming off a win than 9-1 coming off a loss? Yes, for the first three days or so after the game. But either record should not detract from the deficiencies on our game this season that could bite us later on. Is there cause for concern? I’d say yes, our offence needs to look better and more consistent especially, and we are not playing anywhere near as dominantly as a 9-1 record would suggest. 

In the same breath, does concern equate with saying we are not that good? Absolutely not. We are 9-1 because good teams find ways to win bad games, and great teams find ways to do it consistently. None of these problems we are having are fatal yet, we have the talent base and the experience to look and play sharper, and when we have played our best (BC and Calgary on the road) we have looked like world beaters. Better if we could have done it more than twice in 10 games, but many factors at play (no byes, short weeks, injuries, heavy road schedule, being the team no one else will take lightly). And despite not playing near to our best football, we are 9-1 and better positioned than any other team in the CFL right now. So even with the problems, we are positioned really well and as always will be judged in the overall picture on our playoff success, not a random week 11 game. Just my thoughts on things.

Others will have their point of view, and all opinions, right or wrong (as measured by a truly objective outsider, if that can even exist amongst fan bases) are valid, and is what makes fan boards an engaging, infuriating, enjoyable, and fun community to be in. Life is good now if our biggest concern is being 9-1 and not 10-0, and that we can vent our spleens a bit about missed kicks and be immersed in the passion of a good football team we expect/demand/hope for/ receive great things from. 

This really begs the question -  do you use dictation software?

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

constantly needs a tl/dr version...

What can I say, I’m a Shakespeare guy in a Twitter world. 

I guess I could have just said “stop being such whiny ******* here about every little thing” but that tends to lead to fights and name-calling, so I opted for measured perspective instead. 

1 hour ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

We need to win the next game on stellar kicking by Liegghio to shut up all the haters.  Everyone has a bad day/game and Liegghio is no different.

Not a hater, but that last second attempt was inexcusable at this level.  I can totally understand hitting the upright in OT.

On 2022-08-15 at 7:42 AM, Potential said:

Well, that was exactly the point I was making - the sheer hypocrisy of the sports media to have this position when we are a pillar of stability and strength financially for the league right now, is head-scratching.

I've been trying to be positive and galvanize support for the team because some were having a hard time with the loss... and then get a bunch of eye rolls. 

I think I'm going to take a break from this place for a while.

You made a comment & didn't get the reaction you expected. Welcome our world here. It's happened to eveyone. I've been a member here at Morning Big Blue since it started a decade ago & the old site Our Bombers before that. It still happens to me. You have to develop a tougher skin than you seem to have to survive around here. 

Don't relate criticism to hatred, non positivity or bad fans here. The members here are passionate about the Bombers. We disagree & we fight. Sometimes it gets down & dirty which is okay as the Mods are here to keep everything on the straight & narrow. At the end of the day we are hard core fans & we are proud of the team we love. 

If you want to leave then leave but don't announce as we don't care. Better yet, stick around, take some lumps for what you posted & expect more of the same in the future. You may find the discussion here is worth a few bruises. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

43 Words You Should Cut From Your Writing Immediately

3 hours ago, Wideleft said:

Not a hater, but that last second attempt was inexcusable at this level.  I can totally understand hitting the upright in OT.

You know what that last kick of Liegghio in regulation time reminded me of? When we were kids, we'd go to a community or school field. They have those metal soccer posts. We'd take a football, use the heel from our shoes or runners to make a hole in the ground to prop the ball up like a tee. Then from 20 yards try to kick it as hard as we could over the goalpost Usually the ball went sideways & we all laughed & mocked whoever kicked it. If the football got 5 feet off the ground we were doing good. Lol.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You made a comment & didn't get the reaction you expected. Welcome our world here. It's happened to eveyone. I've been a member here at Morning Big Blue since it started a decade ago & the old site Our Bombers before that. It still happens to me. You have to develop a tougher skin than you seem to have to survive around here. 

Don't relate criticism to hatred, non positivity or bad fans here. The members here are passionate about the Bombers. We disagree & we fight. Sometimes it gets down & dirty which is okay as the Mods are here to keep everything on the straight & narrow. At the end of the day we are hard core fans & we are proud of the team we love. 

If you want to leave then leave but don't announce as we don't care. Better yet, stick around, take some lumps for what you posted & expect more of the same in the future. You may find the discussion here is worth a few bruises. 

Excellent post. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

10 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

How does one vent their spleen.

17 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You know what that last kick of Liegghio in regulation time reminded me of? When we were kids, we'd go to a community or school field. They have those metal soccer posts. We'd take a football, use the heel from our shoes or runners to make a hole in the ground to prop the ball up like a tee. Then from 20 yards try to kick it as hard as we could over the goalpost Usually the ball went sideways & we all laughed & mocked whoever kicked it. If the football got 5 feet off the ground we were doing good. Lol.

I used to kick a football over the swingset in the farm yard.  Good times.