Week 6 - Game Day Thread - Stumps @ CHAMPS!!

JCon

59 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

35 Houston was with Grant and McRae pre game catching punts. He has hands. Keeps his eye on the ball. Heads up. 

He is a punt/kick returner...so he could conceivably do it in a pinch but not full-time as y wouldn't wanna risk injury...dude can fly

8 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Dru Brown now seems very able to handle short yardage jumbo situations. Earlier in the year, it was a disappointment. Previous qb McGuire was a bigger guy. 

Earlier in the year it wasnt brown doing the short yardage. It was the bigger dakota who was horrid at short yardage. 

4 hours ago, Booch said:

The demise of CGY was way premature....they are a really good team...their defense is no joke...and they have weapons on offence...if BLM stays healthy they are a tough team.

Last night was undisputed who the 2 top teams are and by a large margin...I can't see who can hang with them...mayyybee BC...

And to think...we will get 5 top end starters back at some point...and most likely an NFL returnee...or 2...that's gotta scare the crap outta teams

Yeah, I took a look at the injured list yesterday and good lord, so many impact players are nicked right now. If we get them back we're going to be even more of a handful.

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Picking up on what others are saying, are we still trying to rely on the old offensive formula (Harris being the engine) too much or are we still in the midst of the transition to a new system of Collaros is the engine, he has the receiving weapons, let him make plays with his arm?

Did Zach ever throw it 38 times last year?

I think our offence is in a different place now .

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Was the original call OPI or was it challenged?  Whatever it was there didn't seem to be enough video evidence to overturn it.

it was no call on the field. Stamps DBs came up bitching and crying and dickenson challenged. 

not sure if this has been discussed but what are the opinions on Olivera running the ball. Personally I don't he is good enough. He is slow to get to the line or pocket, stutter steps when he gets there and is always down by first contact. Our other running backs are quicker and harder to bring down and do not go down on first contact most of the time. Opinions?

5 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Today’s beauty is that Calgary lost more than we won. 

I wouldn’t say we were lucky to win, as the defence limited Bo Levi and Collaros played lights out extending plays, but we did have our fair share of good fortune. So to be fair, I can understand that take. The Stamps dropped 3 touchdown passes, including the last minute gimme. They had a 4th TD wiped off the board with a legit but split second holding call on a punt return. They gave the Bombers a fresh set of downs and a 6 point bonus with a really marginal call on kicker interference (by rule, the technical requirements of contact below the waist behind the line of scrimmage were met, but it happened so late the ball was already through the end zone on the kick and it is arguable the Stamp was blocked into Legghio, who sold it pretty well. Calgary shot themselves in the foot a lot, but good teams find ways to win. But it is a stretch to say to score flattered Calgary as some have said, IMO. 

4 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Was the original call OPI or was it challenged?  Whatever it was there didn't seem to be enough video evidence to overturn it.

Original call was a catch. They reversed it and called offensive PI when Dickenson challenged for it.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Seemed like he grabbed the DB by the jersey and threw him down. Close call, not 'very weak'.

Oh they were both clutching and fighting. Agudosi did give him a slight yank/push at the end to be able to square up for the ball but the Stamp DB turned it into a Chris Farley'esk pratfall once he saw Agudosi was going to catch it. Definitely not any worse than the stuff Ryhmes was pulling last week which resulted in zero penalties.

Chris Farley Breaks Table GIFs | Tenor

29 minutes ago, Goldkobra said:

So, with long-term PR guys like Houston and Agudosi coming on and lighting it up, after languishing behind guys like mcknight, glass, josh miller etc... Do we have a talent evaluation problem? Misplaced loyalty? Or just good timing for certain guys?

Development.  The word you are looking for is development.  

Guys aren't ready, spend some time on the PR (more ir issues for agudosi i think) and improve and when they get their chance they shine. It's what good teams do. You don't see bomber fans whining about injuries because we have the depth to replace guys. Rider fans though spend a huge amount of time whining about every missing player.

32 minutes ago, Goldkobra said:

So, with long-term PR guys like Houston and Agudosi coming on and lighting it up, after languishing behind guys like mcknight, glass, josh miller etc... Do we have a talent evaluation problem? Misplaced loyalty? Or just good timing for certain guys?

Yeah our secondary last year was BRUTAL!

McKnight was dressed for what, like 4 games?

7 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Yeah, this is the author's bio:

Ryan Ballantine is a lifelong Stamps fan and host of the Horsemen Radio Podcast. He has been covering the team since 2008.

Insert eye roll

That was the goof who swore up and down that the 2021 Bombers were worried to face the Stamps in the West Final.

3 hours ago, Goldkobra said:

Houston played last year and was not successful.

But he showed potential and the coaches kept him around because they recognized the talent and is now doing great.

Houston was ok...made some typical rookie errors .but u could see he had skill

I talked to me friend who is strength and conditioning coach in Arizona...about Agudosi ..said you will love him...plays hard ..practices harder and has a controlled edge and oozed potential ..just needs a legit opportunity....I think we seen it first hand