Week 6 - Game Day Thread - Stumps @ CHAMPS!!

JCon

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Uncharacteristically handed them points on a silver platter from turnovers. Dont do that and the game probably isnt close. LB play is concerning moving forward with the amount of chunk gains we gave Carey....

Nice thing is most teams don't commit to the run but our next two opponents are the teams that will/might.

Calgary just killed us running and even then only did it a dozen times with BLM completing under 50%.  You'd think the next time running will be more of the game plan.

Just now, wbbfan said:

We need drastic improvement to the interior ol. But right now neither look ready to start. Couple terrible whiffs and buck isn’t going to change the play book like he should. 
 I would consider starting demski at rb when healthy.  

When the NFL camps start & they start making cuts we need to bring in some American running backs. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

We need drastic improvement to the interior ol. But right now neither look ready to start. Couple terrible whiffs and buck isn’t going to change the play book like he should. 
 I would consider starting demski at rb when healthy.  

Neufeld is hurt. HE HAS TO BE. I mean, what else could it be for him to not engage any offenders.

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yep. I’d kick the tires on stanback when healthy too. We should look at ol too.  

Our D is starting to round into form but let's be honest here. We won't win a championship with the OL & run game that we have now. They both need to be fixed, 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Neufeld is hurt. HE HAS TO BE. I mean, what else could it be for him to not engage any offenders.

Our D is starting to round into form but let's be honest here. We won't win a championship with the OL & run game that we have now. They both need to be fixed, 

If we do it’ll be collaros with the best qb performance in history. Couture will be big. If the old guys can get healthy too that’d be great. If Richmond was healthy we could give guys a game to get healthy. Desjarlais would be a serious power shift. 

25 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah I was specifically watching Neufeld and he wasn't grabbing any opposing players' pads with his right hand at all - he must not have any grip strength in that hand right now, which would severely limit his effectiveness as an OL. Kolankowski is also doing the best he can, but compared to most centres in the league he is undersized and is getting pushed around. Combine that with Neufeld's injury and we have a game like tonight. We can offset this somewhat by running more sweeps, especially with a burner like Grant, however with both Hardrick and Bryant also nicked, getting them to hustle laterally may not be the greatest idea either. We're lucky Zach is such a great scrambler, because we'd be toast otherwise.

Hopefully Neufeld's, Hardrick's and Bryant's injuries are minimal and they're able to heal up somewhat during the bye week. I think that will shore up our offence quite a bit if they are able to do so.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Agudosi....is everything I figured he would be...nice first game...hope Bryant's knee ain't too bad...he played through it but u could see it affected him

Did McRae get hurt? Didn't see him last part of game at all

He was awesome

Happy to see my Concerns were not valid 

Just got back,my observations;

-Oliveira isn't a starting running back,runs into piles of guys,it's been 1/3 of the season,start johnny

-our defense no matter who comes in is an oiled machine and is getting better and better.

- Ellingson is so reliable and very good...Darvin who??????

- fans were phenomenal and very very loud.

-Zach is playing very very well,very smart

-Rasheed may be in trouble with how well Agudosi played tonight

33 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Rider fans think they can take us and Calgary lol yet they can’t take care of Montreal in back to back weeks 

Yeah….. Morrow will likely have a good game against us but CF and his receivers don’t need scare me much. 

Our next 7 games I can us going 5-2. Probably a loss in Cal and in Sask. Maybe a loss in Montreal as it’s never easy beating teams back to back but right now the Bombers are just finding all sorts of ways to win games. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

They need to adjust the run call and make use of the pieces we have. 

Sure they got to get the run game going but they made up for it with the short passes to Ellingson. The Bombera had the ball for 37 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Yeah... liking that Agudosi...happy for him...and yeah him and Janrion seem tight....and Janrion is a lil beast...he needs more touches

Not sure if it was mentioned but Agudosi's wife and daughter made it to the game.

Observations at the stadium tonight. It was corkin hot there. IG Field is magical for the Bombers and fans. Huge crowd. Loudest I’ve heard it. It was nuts, ear popping loud, in reacting to Houston’s int. Nobody, NO BODY was leaving the park during the last 3 minutes. Everyone stayed til the end. The game was that entertaining. 

Edited by Rod Black

What an amazing time to be a Bomber fan + 2 years 

Ain't even close. 

Wonder how the losers out west that not to long ago said that they where "we them boyz" "riders set to be a juggernaut" 

Are feeling.  

Prolly like only having what...4 grey cups in over a hundred years? Lol

Losers...

Edited by Dodge and Burn