Week 6 - Game Day Thread - Stumps @ CHAMPS!!

JCon

10 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Big Stan was really limping by the end, and Joshi sporting the knee brace isn't at his best either.

Yeah hope those guys are ok or were in trouble. I cant remember the Stampeder player but man he absolutely put Stanley on skates at one point and just railroaded him straight into Collaros that forced an incompletion. Very unstanleylike. Hope he's ok.

8 hours ago, Potential said:

Yeah I was specifically watching Neufeld and he wasn't grabbing any opposing players' pads with his right hand at all - he must not have any grip strength in that hand right now, which would severely limit his effectiveness as an OL. Kolankowski is also doing the best he can, but compared to most centres in the league he is undersized and is getting pushed around. Combine that with Neufeld's injury and we have a game like tonight. We can offset this somewhat by running more sweeps, especially with a burner like Grant, however with both Hardrick and Bryant also nicked, getting them to hustle laterally may not be the greatest idea either. We're lucky Zach is such a great scrambler, because we'd be toast otherwise.

Hopefully Neufeld's, Hardrick's and Bryant's injuries are minimal and they're able to heal up somewhat during the bye week. I think that will shore up our offence quite a bit if they are able to do so.

Neufeld's right arm is so completely wrapped up it makes me think that he must be trying to play through something fairly serious. Our o'line needs some major time on the trainer's table. Someone mentioned Richmond. We also have 2 more American o'line on the PR I think. It sure would be nice if one of them could play tackle for a game or 2. 

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

I must be watching a different run game then some on here. Our Oline is fine?? Not in the run, I don't see how anyone can say different honestly. Proof is in the puddin.

I think it would seem a lot better if BO would break a tackle like Andrew did for us.

It looks much worse when guys drop on contact.

But Booch is right, it's not going to be a clean pocket all night when you're playing a team like Calgary - those guys get paid too.

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

I think it would seem a lot better if BO would break a tackle like Andrew did for us.

It looks much worse when guys drop on contact.

But Booch is right, it's not going to be a clean pocket all night when you're playing a team like Calgary - those guys get paid too.

No one is breaking multiple tackles at the line or as they get the ball. 

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

They only showed the offensive PI once on the big screen. Was it a legit PI? Couldn't tell. 

Watch BC’s touchdowns last week.  Are those legit OPI?  The Rhymes one has to be one of the most blatant OPI’s imaginable if that’s still going to be a penalty in 1-on-1 battles not just for setting screens.

They can find it if they want to call it but what’s the standard.

4 minutes ago, BBlink said:

We would be Grey Cup champions! 

Seriously though maybe he wasn't ready last year? Every receiver develops at their own pace. Agudosi even admitted he has grown a lot as a player since he's been here.

I hope he sticks now tho. 

lol! I mean imagine how much more agudosi could've developed to this point. But yeah, maybe he wasn't ready and I'm sure he has. From every thing I've seen and heard he is one of the hardest working most studious bombers. That said, mcknight was never ready either. 

Gotta love a big smooth guy with that work ethic and toughness. What a combo. 

Just now, JCon said:

They only showed the offensive PI once on the big screen. Was it a legit PI? Couldn't tell. 

On the first play through I thought it was offensive PI. On the replay before the break I thought they had their hands tied up and that the DB initiated contact. Second viewing I thought it should be let go. But he is a real strong guy. A tiny tug on the shoulder can put a db out of the play. The post break replays made it look like it was obstructed and no way to call either way. 

Least I recall a break at the challenge. I still have to rewatch the game. 

Also what zach is doing this year, is more impressive than his MOP season last year. No harris, struggling ol, lots of wr turn over, no problem. 

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Watch BC’s touchdowns last week.  Are those legit OPI?  The Rhymes one has to be one of the most blatant OPI’s imaginable if that’s still going to be a penalty in 1-on-1 battles not just for setting screens.

They can find it if they want to call it but what’s the standard.

I was fine with Agudosi's being OPI at face level but in the back of my mind I was thinking the same thing. BC receivers pushing us right before the ball got there

Give Collaros another 10-12 plays with his arm and that game is over midway through the 4th.  Collaros controlled the clock for 2/3 of the game even being in 2nd and 8-12 all night with garbage run/screen game.

Go for 2 after Agudosi’s second to make it a 9 point game and game over.

Think our OC and head coach need to work on their killer instinct.

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

lol! I mean imagine how much more agudosi could've developed to this point. But yeah, maybe he wasn't ready and I'm sure he has. From every thing I've seen and heard he is one of the hardest working most studious bombers. That said, mcknight was never ready either

Gotta love a big smooth guy with that work ethic and toughness. What a combo. 

On the first play through I thought it was offensive PI. On the replay before the break I thought they had their hands tied up and that the DB initiated contact. Second viewing I thought it should be let go. But he is a real strong guy. A tiny tug on the shoulder can put a db out of the play. The post break replays made it look like it was obstructed and no way to call either way. 

Least I recall a break at the challenge. I still have to rewatch the game. 

Also what zach is doing this year, is more impressive than his MOP season last year. No harris, struggling ol, lots of wr turn over, no problem. 

Probably understood the play book better and was multidimensional in our offense. That said, I was fairly surprised they straight gave up on McKnight given he was coming into his second year and they seemed to like him. I wonder if he ends up resurfacing somewhere.

I am definitely okay with the receivers we have though. 

I hate to be negative after a nice win like that BUT our run game is letting this team down....Other than the great effort by Olivera, to get that crucial first down, I think we were sadly lacking.....We're getting stuffed almost every time we try to run....Is it the blocking ???or the backs???...I'd sure like to see Desjarlis spring loose down south...We miss him

17 minutes ago, Bomberforlife said:

😂🤣

"the Ohio native (collaros)has well-documented injury problems that have limited him to 60 of a possible 108 starts since 2014. Putting all of your eggs in the Collaros basket — unless you have a surprise star behind him like, say, Cody Fajardo — is unwise."

good digging bfanforlife

that is hilarious.

collaros "injury problems" ....... yeah,  thanks to hits the head from players that we can do without. who makes the league better for the fans, all fans...... collaros, or the rubes that injured him?

Edited by Mark F